Power commander or not

And you use all 180HP when you hope on your gen II? If not how many times have you use that power? From one street lite to another? Please don't be offended, I love the power. But like boobs, how big before too big?:whistle:

I can tell you when big is to big. When you can no longer manage the throttle. Most of us have a tough time managing stock busa power. Add a turbo and us mere mortals are completely out of our league!

I can tell you when big is to big. When you can no longer manage the throttle. Most of us have a tough time managing stock busa power. Add a turbo and us mere mortals are completely out of our league!

+1 i'm going from a vrod with 110 hp to a busa with 180hp. i'll be the first to admit i'm a little intimidated as i've never took a sport bike down the track. the harley would barely pull the front wheel leaving the line at 9k i don't think i'll be doing that on a busa.

270 hp is enough for me,have to admit i don't use it often but every now and then when i'm on the freeway and no one's around i like to run it through the gears 'til i peg the 186 and then get back out of it before i attract any attention.:thumbsup:

you know this is a little off topic but how aerodynamic are these bikes at 180+ mph. i've seen 140 on the vrod and it had a small headlight fairing on it and i was 220lbs at the time. the wind drag felt like i was square. i'm down to about 190lbs now.

you know this is a little off topic but how aerodynamic are these bikes at 180+ mph. i've seen 140 on the vrod and it had a small headlight fairing on it and i was 220lbs at the time. the wind drag felt like i was square. i'm down to about 190lbs now.

Haven't been up to 180, I've seen 165ish a few times according to my GPS, and pretty regularly run it up to 150. Tucked behind the wind screen, aside from everything moving past you much much faster, it didn't really feel any different than 120ish. Didn't get unstable at all, and I was still cutting wind just fine.

The wind won't blow ya off the bike or anything, ya just barely feel it skimming over the top of you helmet, and past your legs.

No problems at all...i'm 6'2" 210 lbs and I can still get under the screen....never feel a thing.... very stable....

The Only thing I noticed with the PC and Yoshi Pipes was that it seems to smooth out the power delivery. As far as HP is concerned, I have NO idea, since I don't hit the upper limits of Speed on the open road. I just let all the Young (probably not to get to Old) Manly Men and Womenly Women do that. It's easier to just believe (or not) their stories than go do something REALLY DUMB on a public road, just to see if I can tell a difference of 5 or 10 HP :laugh:

No problems at all...i'm 6'2" 210 lbs and I can still get under the screen....never feel a thing.... very stable....

thats what i was hoping to hear as i'm 6'4.

as far as adding a PC and exhaust , i'd be willing the new bikes that are watercooled and have EFI are probably 98% efficient like the vrod is. a performance exhaust,tuner and performance air filter will only get you about 5-7hp. i could see suzuki's being that efficient if not better.

Extremely stable at 180 + mph.I have a stretch of road in my area where between 2003-2007 i tagged the indicated 186(which eventually started feeling slow)almost every Sat./Sun. morning and never the slightest hint of a wobble.John Noonan went 258 last fall at the Mojave Mile and Bill Warner set a new record for the standing mile at 278.6 a couple months ago.:thumbsup:

Back