Post a pic of your tatoo

STalKeR, I dig the work on your shoulder good high quality stuff...

I've been wonder how do folks arrive at a design they actually want to stick on them forever?  I mean it should be personal right?  otherwise you end up with a random assortment of unrelated images or worse become a stereo type...  Like a slide show, or graffitti...

Just curious, I have a few that I have wanted to get now for about 10 years, I figure that's long enough that I know it's somethign I really want to get.  But is that how the rest of you tattood folks arrived at your decisions?  Time?

TKM the kids looks great, and I like the fact that yours has that history behind it...  it makes sense, it's personal.
Thanks.

When JR went to have his done, he had to sit for 5 hours. I thought to myself "If that punk can sit for 5 hours and not complain one bit, I can too". So I told the guy I wanted one too. (Although mine took about an hour and a half
wink.gif
)

Also it was something that we did together before he left for his first tour of Iraq. It was a "mom and me" thing.

When he came back this last time, he wanted to take me to get something else done. I didn't want another tat, but I want my belly button pierced when/if I ever have a small belly.
laugh.gif
He was ready to take me there and then to have it done, but I told him that I wasn't ready.

Something to think about before you have it done is WHERE you want it done. Mine is easily concealed, or I can let it be seen. Totally up to me and what the circumstance is.

Placement is key.

Original design incorporating Indian heritage and my personality.
tounge.gif

Pict0003.JPG

Finishing this one Tuesday and start my right arm with differant artist Gonna be a black and grey Samurai..Both Are designed by me and artist.. This one I came up with and the Samurai I toild artist what i wanted and he is drawing it up for approval tuesday

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140212469 -->

DSC02570.JPG

man , go figure. we got iced and snowed in , so she didnt open up today. Dang , gotta wait another week! Crap! oh well, soon as its done i'll post a pic.

JP

Okay, sorry abotu the pic quality - these are from my PDA.
#1 Dragon and Dagger from Pattaya Beach Thailand

DSC00001.JPG

Curled Dragon from Freemantle Austrailia

DSC00002.JPG

Evil Air Crew Wings from Olongopo City, Philippines

BTW - this one was done with Bamboo chutes....more fun than crabs!

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140296309 -->

DSC00003.JPG

Simply forget us - Buzzard Eight ball and E-tool, from Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong

DSC00004.JPG

Geoconda (My wife's name) - I got this one because I used to take my ring off at work so it would get caught on stuff, from Lexington Park, Md.

DSC00005.JPG

The "Semper Fidelis" was my first tattoo; got it on Rosecrans Street in San Diego after Boot Camp; The dolphin (yes I know it is funny looking) was from Singapore.

DSC00006.JPG

Dragon from the Barrio outside Olongapo; Christopher is my oldest son's name (and my middle name) from Nairobi, Africa

DSC00008.JPG

Japanese Kanji for Flying Tigers from Okinawa

DSC00009.JPG

The Little Mermaid (My all-time favorite movie) from 29 Palms, Ca.

DSC00011.JPG

A barracks tattoo by one of my Marines from Okinawa -Busa 05, you may recognize the design... this tattoo is the basis of the avatar that you are using.

DSC00010.JPG

A barracks tattoo by one of my Marines from Okinawa -Busa 05, you may recognize the design... this tattoo is the basis of the avatar that you are using.
Hey, even if it's inked you can't mistake the EGA.
smile.gif

Semper Fi!
Yep... but what I meant was that a computer geek threw that avatar together when I showed him the tattoo - that's why it has both swords behind it. The real one that I have on my computer is a gif where the globe rotates.... very cool!

Back