Please help ! - Going to buy an 09 tomorrow

Sorry for your misfortune. But listen to Blanca. I have been working at motorcycle dealerships for the last 5 years. He speaks the truth. Start working on a new deal somewhere else. Let the other guys come back to you. Not only should you make them give you a better deal, make them throw something in as well. Even if it's only a wind screen.

Blanca,

I don't know how to thank you. :bowdown:
The sales manager tried to get my business but all he said was an excuse for the salesman mis-calculation. Not really try to even give me more discount. He talked to me for about 2 minutes, not even said sorry and then he gave back my $200 deposit. I'll wait for them to call me on Monday and I'll let you know.
There is two more dealer ship around Toronto that I'm gonna talk to them on Monday.
I'll keep posting.

Once again, thank you Blanca, Thank you every body,

Ryan

Sorry for your misfortune. But listen to Blanca. I have been working at motorcycle dealerships for the last 5 years. He speaks the truth. Start working on a new deal somewhere else. Let the other guys come back to you. Not only should you make them give you a better deal, make them throw something in as well. Even if it's only a wind screen.

Thanks, I will.

NO you did the right thing! If the deal changed.... after you had it all worked out! I would raise the BS flag here! I hate itwhen a price was settled, and then after it all said and done. Its not the same! Crunch the numbers and see how much more or where their making more money off of you! You can always look at another place to make a deal! I did! I went 4.5hours away from my location to spend 1k's less! 11k for my busa otd...instead of local 12.6k and 13.4k otd from my local dealers!

+1 -EXactly. Thats what I did here in north east Florida, ended up down south near Lake Okeechobe. Never regreted it. Dealers up here jerked me around, I walked. Dont let them deal you. Try to get your financing at a credit union-first....

Last edited:
Ryan there are also things called 'dealer trades' .
If that's the bike you want find another nicer dealer and see if they can trade inventory .
This will be a very fine line your gonna walk .
You must 100% secure your numbers at other store because when they call orig store and inquire on bike mgr and salesman will still think they have your deal .
Before agreeing to the trade the orig dealer will call you .
This is why you must already have complete deal hammered out at new dealer because when orig dealer calls you your gonna tell them 'Thank you , I bought elswhere !'
Once orig dealer realizes he has lost deal he will trade .
Reason he will trade is because he is paying floorplan interest on bike he has you want .
By trading he gets rid of old stock and stops the note on bike you want .
Bike traded to orig dealer will to them be new inventory and cost them less to floorplan .
Lastly be upfront and honest with new dealer so they know not to say our same person to other dealer when inquiring about bike at orig store .
They need to say it's a lil ole lady who wants bike not you .
All dealers compete for awards and there is no greater satisfaction than when you swipe another dealers inventory and sell it to their customer .
Let me know what else I can do .

Last edited:
Ryan there are also things called 'dealer trades' .
If that's the bike you want find another nicer dealer and see if they can trade inventory .
This will be a very fine line your gonna walk .
You must 100% secure your numbers at other store because when they call orig store and inquire on bike mgr and salesman will still think they have your deal .
Before agreeing to the trade the orig dealer will call you .
This is why you must already have complete deal hammered out at new dealer because when orig dealer calls you your gonna tell them 'Thank you , I bought elswhere !'
Once orig dealer realizes he has lost deal he will trade .
Reason he will trade is because he is paying floorplan interest on bike he has you want .
By trading he gets rid of old stock and stops the note on bike you want .
Bike traded to orig dealer will to them be new inventory and cost them less to floorplan .
Lastly be upfront and honest with new dealer so they know not to say our same person to other dealer when inquiring about bike at orig store .
They need to say it's a lil ole lady who wants bike not you .
All dealers compete for awards and there is no greater satisfaction than when you swipe another dealers inventory and sell it to their customer .
Let me know what else I can do .

Thank you Blanca, I will.
I have a lein on my my bike and my insurance renewal date is May 15th. I'm not sure if I can refuse to renew my insurance until I find my Busa.:headache:

I responded in PM but am posting here as well to poss help others .

Ryan said:
Thank you Blanca for your advise.
I have a lein on my my bike and my insurance renewal date is May 15th. I'm not sure if I can refuse to renew my insurance until I find my Busa and sell my bike. Do you know if it's possible?
Thanks

Are you trading old bike in or selling it outright separately once you buy busa ?
If so will this not create two loans in your name ?

Either way you can renew INS and cancel it after buying busa . they will refund whatever diff is left over and you can then insure new bike or transfer policy to it .
I am guessing since other bike is financed your area requires INS on loan and vehicle ?
If that is the case like I said renew it and cancel when you get situated win new bike .
Would that work ?

Blanca Busa,

The amount of money that I'm owing is more than what dealers will pay.
The difference is about $3000. After what happened on Sat, I decided to sell my bike privately. I am planning to get some cash out of my line of credit to pay off my loan until I sell the bike or trade in the bike. I will pay 6.3% interest on my line of credit instead of 9.2%. Maybe in this case, I don't need to renew my insurance.
What you think?

Thanks

Blanca Busa,

The amount of money that I'm owing is more than what dealers will pay.
The difference is about $3000. After what happened on Sat, I decided to sell my bike privately. I am planning to get some cash out of my line of credit to pay off my loan until I sell the bike or trade in the bike. I will pay 6.3% interest on my line of credit instead of 9.2%. Maybe in this case, I don't need to renew my insurance.
What you think?

Thanks

That all depends on your area and who holds note on current bike.
If INS is not required then yes you wont have to renew but some places as here in Florida financed/leased cars must be insured whether for sale, parked or being ridden.
You may , you may be able to cancel registration and turn in your plate then go to ins/ lienholder and tell them it is no longer registered or being used. I'm just not sure on the regs where you live.
Suzuki does have 1.9% interest you know ?
Thats how I got mine.

1.9% is for the US as I saw on Suzuki website. In Canada is only $500 rebate.
Good for you.

Hey man. I know a plane ride to Victoria, BC could be a bit farther than your local dealer but you could ride the new 'Bus all the way home.
There are 2 Suzuki dealers here and one of them just moved to a new location. Their official opening/house warming is May 15th.

The owner. Alex is a great guy. He has 2 busas on the floor ( 1 all silver and the other is the Gold/black one) and I imagine that he would be willing to do a deal. He has new expenses and lots of stock and carries TRIUMPH and Royal Enfield in addition to Suzuki.

His shop is called Savage Cycles................toll free 1-800 450BRIT.

WORTH A TRY.

Hey man. I know a plane ride to Victoria, BC could be a bit farther than your local dealer but you could ride the new 'Bus all the way home.
There are 2 Suzuki dealers here and one of them just moved to a new location. Their official opening/house warming is May 15th.

The owner. Alex is a great guy. He has 2 busas on the floor ( 1 all silver and the other is the Gold/black one) and I imagine that he would be willing to do a deal. He has new expenses and lots of stock and carries TRIUMPH and Royal Enfield in addition to Suzuki.

His shop is called Savage Cycles................toll free 1-800 450BRIT.

WORTH A TRY.

Hi,
I called 1-800-450 2748 but the operator said the number is not in service!
Do you have any other number?
Thanks

Well maybe the guy at Savage still has some work to do to tidy up all the business bits at his new location ( like hi 800 number). His other listed number (taken off a recent Invoice) is 250 475 8885. I just called it and it works but they are taking messages as they are closed Mondays. Fax number is 250 4753773 . Happy shopping!!!!!

cheers,

ziggy

7 minutes until Savage Cycles opens their doors. Plead and whine and persist. Alex can and will do a deal. He is a rider as well as owner.
Best of luck. A cross Canada or Northern USA states ride on the new 'Busa would be awesome!!!!!

cheers,

ziggy

Dood, u need one of these bikes, track down a leftover somewhere, make sure the wire reroute is done & the clutch bolts tight. Make a good deal & finance through a credit union or bank, or something besides the dealer. I've got just short of 15,000 miles with no problems & simply love the bike.

Try to "not want it so bad", I know it's tough to do, but you'll get more for your money this way. Blanca has great points. And why not fly anywhere close by (few hundred miles) to purchase, then ride back. Sweet!

Also, may sound like a parent, but try to purchase the bike outright. You'll probably take better care of it/ ride safer if you patiently save for it.

I felt old just saying that...

Back