R77 Carbon vs. Alien Head

Craash

Registered
All, I'm picking up my new 2011 tomorrow (the fastet color - black) to replace my 2009. My 2009 had the R77 stainless 4-2-1 with the carbon can on it. I loved the look and the sound, although I would have made it a touch louder if I could have. I know the alien head is a popular exhaust, I'm just curious as to how much louder it is in person compared to the R77. I'd rather stay with the R77 than have an alien head which was too loud. But if the AH was just a bit louder, I'd give it a try.

So, any first hand experience?

I know there was a thread started not to long ago about this subject and someone posted a nice sound clip. From what I gathered the AH exhaust is only earpeircing loud when your higher in the RPM range, otherwise its not much louder then your average full exhaust. But thats just what Ive read on this site, Im sure someone with a better knowledge will chime in soon

Take off the carbon right from the mid pipe and start your bike.. Thats the Alien head. :laugh:

Check out Ti-Force :whistle:

5.jpg

12.jpg

Well just think of it.. a full header into a very short pipe. Not much different than just the header.. my .02

Not really. I know it is personal taste, but I really like the single can. I really like the looks of the R77, I just wish it was a bit louder.

Not really. I know it is personal taste, but I really like the single can. I really like the looks of the R77, I just wish it was a bit louder.

I agree. I went from a full R77, to an alienhead, then back to the R77. Stay with the yoshi, trust me. The alienhead sounds absolutely amazing, but the buzz is extremely annoying on freeways. If yoshi could come up with a way to make the R77 louder it would be great

Oh be sure to post pics of your 2011!!

I agree. I went from a full R77, to an alienhead, then back to the R77. Stay with the yoshi, trust me. The alienhead sounds absolutely amazing, but the buzz is extremely annoying on freeways. If yoshi could come up with a way to make the R77 louder it would be great

Oh be sure to post pics of your 2011!!

Did you ride with ear plugs?

I just installed a set of Yoshi's on mine last night. I love the sound, but not as throaty as a 4 into 1.

I have the R77's as well. Slip ons though.. i like the dual look.. will be going with the vance & hines header later down the road.. the only thing u could do with the r77 to make it a lil louder is to remove some of the packing.. but im sure it will damage the carbon fiber after time.

Alienhead isn't as loud as a header with no muffler, and they have an insert that quiets them down noticeably. They are also as said only loud above cruising speed. It is alot louder than the R77, but not obnoxious like a set of tips on a header.
Also, a sound clip will not do any exhaust justice, you must hear it in person.

I've never had a Yoshi Exhaust but I do currently have an Alien Head and I have other brands on a number of various other bikes. The Alien Head to me has no more drone or noise at cruising speeds than any of the others. However, with that said, it does get little noisy above 7K RPMs. Unless you are trying to get noticed you will no more trouble riding through a neighborhood with the Alien Head than you will any other open exhaust.

I'm sorry but an exhaust that small coming from a full header will have quite a bit more drone than a R77 single can. the alien head exits just below ur feet where as the r77 is out the back end.

I'm sorry but an exhaust that small coming from a full header will have quite a bit more drone than a R77 single can. the alien head exits just below ur feet where as the r77 is out the back end.

Doesn't matter cuz at Busa speed the sound is waaaaaaaaaaY behind you :)

Have you heard or rode a bike with an Alien Head? I have, and Guns and Blanca have them. They are impressively quiet at low rpms, especially with the silencer. I didn't get the chance til last summer, and I was amazed. Brocks makes some great stuff, and in more ways than one.
If I didn't spend so much time above 8k rpm, I'de have one, but I don't want the attention.:beerchug:

Back