What is louder the Alien Head or Short Street Meg

Singingchris t

Registered
Looking for the loudest system available
I think I have it narrowed down to either the Alien Head or the Short Street Meg

I was curious if anyone knew which one is the louder of the two?

I was thinking since the Sreet Meg had the removable baffle and the Alien Head does not that the Street Meg would be louder.
Anyone have first hand experience?

remove short street meg baffle and it's loudest... rule of thumb write it down.. the less distance from the head to the exhaust flow exit is the louder the pipe will be.....

Roaring toys full exhaust is the loudest thing I've ever heard. I will not ride on the right side of my buddy who has it.

I have a Yoshi 4-2-1 header with a Voodoo pipe (if u can call it one). That is probably the loudest except for running open header. It was kool for about a week and then it got old real quick. Way too dam loud. I bought and installed the speakeasy baffle and it is much more tolerable now.
My friend has the Alien head and even without the baffle thing installed it has a very nice tone! Not too obnoxious!!

Probably about the same 'til you remove the baffle on the Short Meg(which is what i have),then it's just down right obnoxious,about like an open sidewinder.:laugh:With the Short Meg you can always remove a little of the packing at a time to tune to your liking(i whittled mine away 'til i was down to just the end cap,then the noise got to me[and i like loud]and i had to buy another baffled insert for $200 to get it back to original...which is still plenty loud.:laugh:

Here's mine with some of the packing removed;
Short Meg - YouTube[/url]

...and here's with the entire baffle removed.:laugh:
Meg no baffle #2 001 - YouTube[/url]

These were taken on my GoPro and audio isn't the best,sounds better in real life(and louder:laugh:).

Last edited by a moderator:
the boz bros was the loudest thing I've heard.

Brothers 4-2-1 single side hayabusa exhaust - YouTube[/url]

cheers
ken

Last edited by a moderator:
A straight pipe...but nobody is going to like you very much...

I have the alien head with no plug (the plug costs extra to order) and you really don't need anything louder.

A straight pipe...but nobody is going to like you very much...
Actually ........ the street short meg is a true " megaphone " and will be louder than a straight pipe :laugh:

Here's my science , had a 4 in 1 on my 650 in 78. with baffle quite, without baffle awesome, without megaphone ( header and collector only ) quite, without header POP POP no cranky.......thank God, hey I was 18 :rofl:

You can go to his site, I think they're the same. 109db with baffle 112db without from memory.

Yeah after watching Piratediverjeff's video I think Im going with the Short Street Meg 14" in Black
Ive heard the Alien Head and I dont think its loud at all, however, I have never seen or heard the short meg

I think I'll probably keep the baffle, but remove some of the packing..

That first video that Pirate posted sound like exactly what Im looking for..

Sweet
Thanks for the help

Back