Please help ! - Going to buy an 09 tomorrow

Ryan

Registered
Hi there,

I'm going to buy a brand new 2009 Busa tomorrow.
After reading on this forum, most likely issue that I found on GenII is the clutch so far. I am getting a very good deal on a brand new 2009, but if all the problems with 2008 and 2009 had been resolved in 2010, then I can get the 2010.

Does anyone know any thing about 2010 and what are the improvements in compare to 2009?
Is there any list of recalls for 2009? So I can remind the dealership.

Please help me to make my decision. (Any idea would help!)

Thanks,

Ryan

Last edited:
Well I do know there are no 2010 in the USA, so unless you live in Hawaii or outside the US, you will not get a 2010.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I do know there are no 2010 in the USA, so unless you live in Hawaii or outside the US, you will not get a 2010.
Posted via Mobile Device

Somebody spank me. :thumbsup: Seriously though, the silver 09 is the way to go.

Congrats! I have an 08 with 3,500 miles and so far no issues what so ever!

Only one problem that I am aware of on the 09 is that there was no Candy Indy Blue available which everyone knows is the fastest color! :)

Thanks for all your reply.

I think it would be a good idea to ask them tomorrow to check the VIN just in case if there is any recall on that.

Any other suggestions that I should ask the dealer?

Last edited:
no differences between 08,09, or 10 other than colors...happy hunting tomorrow and post some pics:rulez:

I have an 08 with 4800 miles. This bike is one of the ones sent out in September 07. I have had nothing go wrong with it at all.

In fact this is my favorite bike I have ever owened. And I have had quite a few.

DSCF0008-1.jpg

I have an 08 with 4800 miles. This bike is one of the ones sent out in September 07. I have had nothing go wrong with it at all.

In fact this is my favorite bike I have ever owened. And I have had quite a few.

DSCF0008-1.jpg

I like the orange and black.

Hi there,

I'm going to buy a brand new 2009 Busa tomorrow.
After reading on this forum, most likely issue that I found on GenII is the clutch so far. I am getting a very good deal on a brand new 2009, but if all the problems with 2008 and 2009 had been resolved in 2010, then I can get the 2010.

Does anyone know any thing about 2010 and what are the improvements in compare to 2009?
Is there any list of recalls for 2009? So I can remind the dealership.

Please help me to make my decision. (Any idea would help!)

Thanks,

Ryan

If you are saving alot of money go 2009. Only reason I would go 2010 is if I had to have a certain color. I have not had any problems with my 09.

Just my 2 cents, there are much more knowledgeble people here that might have another opinion.

Congrats,

Clutch problems???

I have an 08 with only 6700 miles on it and have no problems what so ever.

If your planning on drag racing it all things wear out faster, clutch included:whistle:

Rememeber pics when you get her.:cheerleader:

The more I see pumpkins, the more I like them:thumbsup: Was actually looking to buy one but seller was asking too much.

Best of luck, Ryan!

Sorry they don't make the fastest color in 09 :poke: but I have an 08 with 5500 miles an zero problems..you will love your bike! :thumbsup:

Check vin for clutch screw recall .
There was one on 08-09 models .
Very simple fix but it needs to be done .

i have a 2008 with 24,000km on it. no clutch issues. i got the recall notice on the clutch and took it in to the dealer. they took it apart to check and no problem. go for it. you will be a very happy camper. ziggy from victoria, bc

I have an '08 and it had an ignition recall, which I did. There was possible issues with the clutch, but thats no doubt been resolved with '09's. I know you could steal an '08, as peeps are dumping toys due to the economy. Get a new '09 if you got the jack, just remember this is 2010....G/L

Last edited:
Back