Pilot Powers

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
What would you do? I have a brand new set of Diablos sitting in my garage, my rear PP is toast on the bike BUT the front PP looks great. Should I pop for a rear PP now...then the existing mounted front and replacement rear PP's will probably wear out together? A racer told me once that "I always change both tires"....that's making me hesitate, is that BS? Thanks you guys....Doyle (Raydog)

Normal wear is 2 rears to one front. Me personally, I would ante up for a new rear. Just my 2 cents.....wait let me have those back, I need all I can get.

I'm running Diablo's right now. During my last trip to the gap I had to visit Wheelers for a new rear Diablo. No problems getting just a back. I do seem to wear 2 rears to 1 front. I think I would spring for a new PP rear, funds permitting, and next time tires are needed pop the Diablos on.

I just told my wife (while holding a chainsaw from atop an extension ladder), if 1 or 2 guys from the org suggest popping a new rear PP on now, that's enough for me....thanks you guys....plus that gives me the new set of Diablos when the PP's are tired! Raydog

PP. The way I've seen you ride
SHOCKED.gif
, your still going to fry a second rear before the first front, that or you'll be collecting good fronts
wow.gif

bodega__skaggs_041.jpg

I always use up 2 rears to 1 front. No problems for the type of riding I do. I have 6500 on my rear PP now and its just to the wear bar, putting a new one on before the bash.

Dear mymaster, you made me laugh! Hey, lookin forward to the next one.....Doyle

Back