Pilot Powers

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I was just out staring at my Busa, reading the tires' sidewalls (it's really good reading with a great ending) and noticed that somehow the front is a standard PP and the rear is a 2 CT PP. That's what I get for not paying closer attention at the dealer and switching them out on seperate occasions....anyways, does anyone think that's BAD in terms of handling?
Since the rear end stepped out on me at the track last week (caught it and went on) I'm hypersensitive of these issues!

Please throw a couple opinions at me.......Doyle

MF1A9515.JPG

I'd say that if your standing around starring at things and your hypersensitive to issues that you've probably ingested something you shouldn't have young man
rofl.gif

No, nothing wrong with getting all the grip you can in the front if it is a stickier tire.

I don't think that is what caused the rear to step out on you. Also I think it shouldn't be to much of an issue running those tires together. If I was going to the track I would want a 2ct on front also. You also have the issue of weather you paid for a 2ct for the front. If so they may have stuck it to you a little. The rear being a 2ct should actually give you more traction than a standard pilot power. Throttle control would be the first thing I would consider as a possible cause for the rear stepping out.

well if I read all the literature correctly, the sidewalls on the 2CT are softer than the standard PP

Pilot Road uses rubber similar to Pilot Power on sidewall
Pilot power uses rubber similar to pilot road race on sidewall

Sure does not explain the rear end stepping out very well... never got to do a track day yet myself... sure looks like fun...

After getting over 8,000 on my rear Pilot Road used for touring I switched to a PR2 for my trip to the Canyon and after 3,000 miles (with a PP on the front) I couldn't be happier. The standard PR wasn't that great in the corners I think due more to the profile and not its stickyness, but the PR2 works fine. I've had it in the hills west of me between me and the ocean and the handling is superb. After my 3,000 mile tour the center tread still looks great!

I think your loose condtion might have been because you knocked over that cone there by the curbing
whistling.gif

Nice color BTW!

Back