Pilot Powers vrs. Diablos

cuz PP turn to grease when REALLY pushed.  but MOST will never >REALLY< push them, so overall, they seem ok to the masses
I have wondered how many can/do push their tires to the edge of "that" tires ability.. (judging from the strips and planks I have seen, not many)
I know what you mean. I'm not blowing my own horn but I ride really fast and hard sometimes and the tiny corner edge of my PP's are only marginally scuffed in. Of course, all bets are off if you are an aggressive track day rider but oftentimes I ride mountain roads with literbikes and charge corners pretty darn hard....I've never had a near low or high side experience on the Busa with PP's.....hot days and me at 250 lbs too. Raydog

I would stick with what you are used to then... I have never run them (Corsa3 is my favorite up to now) If you ride like me, you could probably put on a pair of cement tires and be ok
laugh.gif

I am the exact opposite, I wouldn't take a set of Diablos for free. Tried them, got 2400 miles out of the rear & cord exposed. They took longer to heat up than the PP, & just didn't feel as stable in the corners as the Michelins. I run 2CT's & get 4500 out of a rear.

I would buy another PP rear then replace as a set.
You are absolutely correct! If you use your bike as a commuter and concerned about mileage, performance is secondary when choosing a tire.
My experience with the Diablo's was great for 1000 miles, they then fell off rapidly by 1800 they were done cord showing... and the last 500 miles I shouldnt have ridden with them, actually got sideways a few times. I never bought another set and wont. I dont commute on the bike but like the longer wear and they are plenty sticky at least 10x better than the stock slipstones that came with the bike.

Doyle I wouldnt mix these tires, especially the way you ride.
coolold.gif
Also if you place the tires side x side you will notice the Pirelli's have a higher center than the pp and they tip in a lil quicker. So if you mount the Diablo's do both and get ready to order a new PP soon.

2cents.gif
2cents.gif
2cents.gif
my six cents
thumb_up.gif

The stockers that came on mine were pretty slick until I aired them down quite a bit, then not too bad but they wore out in 1700 miles.. I have the PP 2ct's now and I feel they do provide better traction and have already lasted longer. I am in desperate need of some suspension work though which should clear up a lot of the slipping and tire wear problems. I'm 6-6, 300 lbs. and still on stock suspension..
thumb_down.gif

2cents.gif

2cents.gif

cuz PP turn to grease when REALLY pushed. but MOST will never >REALLY< push them, so overall, they seem ok to the masses
I have wondered how many can/do push their tires to the edge of "that" tires ability.. (judging from the strips and planks I have seen, not many)
I know what you mean. I'm not blowing my own horn but I ride really fast and hard sometimes and the tiny corner edge of my PP's are only marginally scuffed in. Of course, all bets are off if you are an aggressive track day rider but oftentimes I ride mountain roads with literbikes and charge corners pretty darn hard....I've never had a near low or high side experience on the Busa with PP's.....hot days and me at 250 lbs too. Raydog
The track pushes everything harder than the street. that's truly why tracks are more fun.
smile.gif
So, yeah, I've seen them let go at the track and HEARD about it on the street. I'll never own any. I'm sure the PPs are great tires up to a point. It's AFTER that point that I would like some feedback for a quick recovery, rather than a quick "washout smell ya later"

not talking about chicken strips here, but the way the compound feels when REALLY heated up.

Back