Pilot powers to Diablos

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, does anyone use Diablos and like "em? I got this incredible deal and bought a set....even though I love my PP's ...but after Laguna Seca, it's time for new tires. I only paid $164 for the pair of Diablos.....if they suck or aren't even in the ballpark with PP's, I'll go right back to PP's.

Could I have a couple of opinions? Thanks! Raydog

I love them. They stick great for me on road and track, but wear pretty fast.... unless they are the newest Corsa III with dual compound. I've never tried the PP and not going to. Seen, read and hear too many horror about how they give up when pushed hard. Diablo has a different profile curve also, more roundy I recall, than the PP, so it will feel different, but I am sure it will treat you fine.

I have the Corsa IIIs. I came from Avons. I used to run the Pirelli's back in the day. The biggest thing I have seen about the Corsas is the profile. They drop into corners very quickly but stick like glue.

Don

Thanks so much to the both of you.....great news!

(raydog @ Jul. 25 2007,09:01) Hey guys, does anyone use Diablos and like "em? I got this incredible deal and bought a set....even though I love my PP's ...but after Laguna Seca, it's time for new tires. I only paid $164 for the pair of Diablos.....if they suck or aren't even in the ballpark with PP's, I'll go right back to PP's.

Could I have a couple of opinions?    Thanks!     Raydog
Which "Diablo's" do you have? The Corsa's are DOT track tires, soft and sticky. You'll get no more than 1500 miles on the rear. I have them on my 999 and luv them.
If you got Corsa III's for $164 I need the hook up for that brah
wow.gif

(USN05LE @ Jul. 26 2007,00:32) I have the Corsa IIIs.  I came from Avons.  I used to run the Pirelli's back in the day.  The biggest thing I have seen about the Corsas is the profile.  They drop into corners very quickly but stick like glue.

Don
What he ^ said.

(Revolution @ Jul. 25 2007,11:32) who makes those dual compound tires?
Michelin PP 2CT? has dual compound,
Pirelli Corsa III goes both ways,
I think theres a BI Bridgestone out there too
maybe others

not ALL their lines are dual, just certain models

I'm dumping my Pilots for Qualifiers next change. Fairly happy with the PP but want to gain experience in all areas including tires.

Would mind a deal on some good tires though
super.gif

Congrates on your find
beerchug.gif

They just say Pirelli Diablo, made in Germany typical stuff...Z rated, etc.
BTW, thanks for all the great input, it's great to hear all the positive info.
The company I got them from is Cycle Tech in Nor Cal.
Raydog

You will get more miles out of the PP but Pirelli Diablo are good tire Bro put on and run em I would.
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

Not a Diablo fan. Had 2 sets, they're not for my riding style. I used a new set of the regular Diablo's at the spring 07' Busa Bash. They were just too twichy for me.

(cosmo @ Jul. 25 2007,11:12)
(raydog @ Jul. 25 2007,09:01) Hey guys, does anyone use Diablos and like "em? I got this incredible deal and bought a set....even though I love my PP's ...but after Laguna Seca, it's time for new tires. I only paid $164 for the pair of Diablos.....if they suck or aren't even in the ballpark with PP's, I'll go right back to PP's.

Which "Diablo's" do you have? The Corsa's are DOT track tires, soft and sticky. You'll get no more than 1500 miles on the rear. I have them on my 999 and luv them.
wow.gif
He is talking about the standard Pirelli Diablo...NOT the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III

Or the DOT Race tire "Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsa Pro"
crazy.gif

Doyle

The Pirelli Diablo is a good handling tire...might not last as long as the Pilot Power, but you will like it
super.gif

Rich

I've ridden both.

PP's get ALOT better mileage out of the tires.  They grip decent and sufficient for MOST road riding.  Not recommended for track use or really hard riding on heavy bikes in the heat tho - they tend to "go away" sooner then the Pirelli's.

For all out track/road railing performance I have found I like the Corsa III's ALOT better.  I ran the SC 0's  (softest) this spring  GRIP LIKE GLUE!!!! but wear out in < 2,000 miles.  

Now that its hotter I am running SC-2's (Med) and they are perfect for the warmer weather.

The SC-0's shagged up and were eaten up pretty fast on hot days - simply too soft for hot temps and heavy bikes.  The SC2's hold up alot better in the hot months.

Also I should say that I run them in the 190/55 rear.... drops in quick and I feel alot more "planted" on the larger contact patch - it truly is noiceable and confidence inspiring.  

The Pirelli's have better feedback as well... While the PP's never washed out on me ( I could easily spin up the rear on corner exits)the PP's were always vague and I never had the "feel" and feedback I felt w/ the Pirellis.

One other tire I have to try is the Qualifier.  Alot of the locals REALLY swear by them and I'd at least like to run through a set for myself.

Thanks again to all of you! Great info. I have one more hard ride left in my PP's...then after I switch, I'll report back. Rich, don't go on a full day ride in the mountains without inviting me! I'm taking my daughters back east (to do the Smithsonian, etc.) until Aug 11th. After that, let's get something going. Doyle

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 25 2007,20:29)
(cosmo @ Jul. 25 2007,11:12)

wow.gif
He is talking about the standard Pirelli Diablo...NOT the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III

Or the DOT Race tire "Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsa Pro"  
crazy.gif
Is this a decent price for the Diablo Cora III's?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.as....ision=6

If you got them at Cycle Gear they suck compared to PP. I got 2400 miles out of the rear, no burn outs, just riding. They take longer than PP to warm up. They don't have wear bars, all of a sudden cord is exposed.
guns.gif

Back