Comment on Tires/Eval

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
I just put a set of Perelli Diablos on the Busa before leaving for Laguna Seca. I put a little over 2500 miles on them in a week. I was able to ride them in all conditions, and found them to warm up very quickly, be very sticky and wear very evenly from sidewall to sidewall. We really got to put them through their paces. Almost 1000 miles on the way, (I took the long way around), several hundred miles of riding the roads around Laguna Seca with Charles Busa, and Big O, and other rides with LoBusa, Thrasher Fox, Hawaii Busa and many others. All the rides near Laguna Seca were either high speed, (sometimes to the Max) or nice and twisty. Then the ride home was a non-stop, except for gas and another 740 miles. As you can see by the pics, the tires have worn very well. I changed out the M1's at about 3500 miles, and the rear had about 500 miles left. To me, the M1's don't heat up as quickly as the Daiblo's, and they aren't as sticky. Further, I think the Diablo's are going to last longer. Some of the Busa gang were running the Dunlap 208's and they appeared to be very sticky, and handle very well, but I've never actually ridden on these tires myself. My personal preference is the Diablo for a great all around tire. See attached pics for tire wear.

Busa_Pictures_001.jpg

The Diablos and M1's use the same rubber compound. The Diablo does have a 1mm deeper tread depth on the rear. I actually perfer the Diablo for that very reason.

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

I didn't know they used the same tire compound. Maybe the diablo's felt better because I finally got to ride the Busa the way is was intended. The M1's may have ridden the same or similiar under the same conditions. I especially like the tire wear part. They appear to be wearing better, but I guess we'll see over the long haul.

I had 208s on mine before tearing a hole in the rear with some a$$'s beer bottle pieces they left on the hwy. I liked the 208s but I have to say the M1's I have now feel much better. I've taken the same routes with with them as I did with the 208s and have to say I feel more confident with the M1's. I'm considering the pilot powers when these wear out and have heard good things about the Avons.

I have the same good things to say about the Diablo's as compared to the stockers ... I will try the Pilot Powers next for a comparison, but I don't expect them to turn or handle or grip or wear better than the Diablo's ... I shall see.

Right on, I'll definately keep close attention to the wear on these. I definately like them.

I have used quite a few tires on my bike, HPX's, stockers, 208's, M1's/Diablos and now Michelin H2's. The M1/Diabo seem to offer a great compromise of grip and mileage. The next set will probally be the new Pilots.

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

M-1 for me. Havn't had them long enough to comment on wear but seems good so far. Definitely more confident on this tire than the stock. Also the M-1 is the only other "P" spec tire made specifically for the Hayabusa, which means there is an extra layer of carcas inside for the high speed stability of the tire on this bike.
cool.gif

Back