Pic's of my 08 ultra-lite busa

Didn't see the blue one until now. That is awesome! Can you give details on that automatic kick stand that raises the rear tire? :thumbsup:

Thanks, this concept is a one-off I thought about for awhile. It comes from an idea I had from formula one cars when they come into the pits and jack the car up using air. I figured the same can be done with a bike to get rid of the kickstand.
Using a large air cylinder to support the bike's weight and also a strong enough brace for mounting. My problem was to figure an arm to house all this, the jackshaft for the 360, and a large enough airtank to cycle the cylinder at least several times without refilling. So with the help of Sandy Kosman in Cali, we came up with this arm in which the entire space is an airtank, including that tubular brace. A rather large on-board compressor is needed housed under the bubble. Controlling the cylinder are 3/8 air valves similar to bagged cars which give it instant response. You manually control the up-down with a momentary toggle. I machined the foot for the stand which threads directly into the shaft of the cylinder. You can leave this on its stand all day without losing pressure.
It actually works great for cleaning the rear rim and lube'in the chain besides its use as a stand.

IMG_3368.jpg

I love what you did...... Your bike looks like the Batmobile.......

Thanks, this concept is a one-off I thought about for awhile. It comes from an idea I had from formula one cars when they come into the pits and jack the car up using air. I figured the same can be done with a bike to get rid of the kickstand.
Using a large air cylinder to support the bike's weight and also a strong enough brace for mounting. My problem was to figure an arm to house all this, the jackshaft for the 360, and a large enough airtank to cycle the cylinder at least several times without refilling. So with the help of Sandy Kosman in Cali, we came up with this arm in which the entire space is an airtank, including that tubular brace. A rather large on-board compressor is needed housed under the bubble. Controlling the cylinder are 3/8 air valves similar to bagged cars which give it instant response. You manually control the up-down with a momentary toggle. I machined the foot for the stand which threads directly into the shaft of the cylinder. You can leave this on its stand all day without losing pressure.
It actually works great for cleaning the rear rim and lube'in the chain besides its use as a stand.

Thank you for the info! If you could make this affordable I think you could have a pretty good market with the touring crowd. I hate having to clean and lube the chain on a long ride without the use of my rear stand. Also, you maybe able to find a smaller market with handicap riders who need the extra support when stopped. Either way, that is a really cool feature! :beerchug:

Thank you for the info! If you could make this affordable I think you could have a pretty good market with the touring crowd. I hate having to clean and lube the chain on a long ride without the use of my rear stand. Also, you maybe able to find a smaller market with handicap riders who need the extra support when stopped. Either way, that is a really cool feature! :beerchug:

+1..I would like something sim but electric maybe. Air setup holding up the bike scares me due to possible air leak...and bang bike falls over. I have rear air-ride and say when I air up full, then toggle out/down a kickstand (like your set up but short thru) then air down onto it......to the point that it holds the bike up and the rear 330 is about 1 inch off the ground. NOW that would be sweet.

Nice work Hitman! The 1st bike, there is no question you have shaved some serious weight off that baby. And at a healthy expense, no doubt. I know your goal is ultimate weight savings, but my only complaint is the single sided front rotor. With your reduced unsprung weight, I'm sure she still stops quite nicely, however It's not a sacrifice I'd trade for. But that's just IMO.

The 2nd bike is a true one off beauty! Very original & well thought out. :thumbsup:
Keep up the great work. We'd love to see more :beerchug:

My bike stock with aftermarket exhaust weighed right around 545lbs. so you've definitely removed some weight... :thumbsup:

Really nice looking bike nice job.. Very curious about the wieght.
My 08 wieghs in at 510 lbs and the only thing i have replaced is the exaust. Full TiForce dual can titanium. Also when i drag race it i only put 1 gallon of fuel in it.

I will try to answer most of the questions asked. Felony- those controls are Exile Cycles, Russ Mitchell is one cool dude. I like all his stuff. Really clean, simple design bikes. BigRod posted a good look at the bars.
BigRod, I had his same concern in my design of the stand, so in testing I took a plastic rod, made out of polyurethane, machined out the center and part of a side, just like a "C" shape. This clicks onto the shaft and prevents the bike from falling should a line fail. I just really never use it anymore, its always held pressure for days. Good look'in out bro!:thumbsup:
As for new projects, I have been working on a lot of old school stuff. I just finished a 1986 Suzuki GS1150E resto-mod. Here is a quick pic of it. I am currently in the process of building a 1982 Katana resto-mod with all kinds of craziness. I like the old stuff, hardly ever see it and it sounds like a freight train coming down the road!

IMG_3671.jpg

Thanks for all the interest and great comments, the bike has not visited the scales yet. I will post as soon as I make it to the scales at the dragstrip. My intention was to reduce the static weight by 100 lbs. since the bike stock wet weighs about 585. But, mostly my goal to reduce rotating weight or unsprung weight. This all improves handling, acceleration, and stopping distance. .

well w/ the stretched swingarm you taken away from handling
w/ the 1 rotor you've taken away from braking.

:poke::whistle:

is that lil red bar on the tail section, the rear brake light?

Back