My Grey/Black 08 with Pics

Hi Everyone:
Full, the camera used was a Canon 5D mk II, with 100mm macro, 70-200 2.8 zoom, and 24-70 2.8 zoom. Takes real nice pics (and vids to apparently which I have yet to try).

Current list of mods are as follows (if memory serves me right):

Ohlins Rear shock

IF YOU RIDE EYES CLOSED (:lol:) do you know really the difference between
STOCK vs OHLINS rear ??? ??? ??? with don't ohlins a the front ?

for the camera NO DOUBT :bowdown:
look the vids with it :bowdown: : Canon Digital Learning Center - Sample EOS 5D Mark II Video: Reverie

IF YOU RIDE EYES CLOSED (:lol:) do you know really the difference between
STOCK vs OHLINS rear ??? ??? ??? with don't ohlins a the front ?

for the camera NO DOUBT :bowdown:
look the vids with it :bowdown: : Canon Digital Learning Center - Sample EOS 5D Mark II Video: Reverie

Hi Full:

Not noticing a lot of difference with the shock one up, but the reason I went with it is that the passengers (my kids) are in their late teens and adults pretty much, so I wanted something that I could adjust the Preload easily with, hence the hydraulic preload adjuster. Adjusting the Preload on the stock shock is a pain in the :moon:.
Reason I did not go with ohlins in the front was cost. Their forks are about $2500 if memory serves me correct. The valve kit and springs were less than a third of that. Although I have not ruled them out down the road. :please:
As for the camera, that is my other hobby which I enjoy. It is a very impressive camera and takes photos well beyond my abilities (much like my motorcycle).:whistle:
I plan on taking a few photos of the scenery around this area, it really is beautiful, especially the fall when the colors change.
You've taken some amazing trips through France and Italy I have seen.
I have been to Italy a few times, along the Adriadic, beautiful country, food and roads! You are very fortunate to have Europe as your doorstep.:thumbsup:

Rumble

Here's mine:

IMG_1690.jpg

I up-graded a 08 busa and just can't stop making these babys the sweet mach on the street doing a 09 right now and the money keeps running up the 08 i paid cash for it from a dealer for 10 k cash then dumped another 15k in it with NOS and motor work and all the bling bling showed it at one show took 1st place and made 3k in cash and a throphy then sold it the same day to a young guy who just wanted to run fast and have a bad ass LQQKING bike its ok for me i love making other riders happy :beerchug::laugh: and i make all my money back but not time o-well its onlt time everyone enjoy and be safe out there

004.jpg

005.jpg

001.jpg

I up-graded a 08 busa and just can't stop making these babys the sweet mach on the street doing a 09 right now and the money keeps running up the 08 i paid cash for it from a dealer for 10 k cash then dumped another 15k in it with NOS and motor work and all the bling bling showed it at one show took 1st place and made 3k in cash and a throphy then sold it the same day to a young guy who just wanted to run fast and have a bad ass LQQKING bike its ok for me i love making other riders happy :beerchug::laugh: and i make all my money back but not time o-well its onlt time everyone enjoy and be safe out there

I thought this was a thread about black and greys?

Nice bike Critterdoc, seems we have similar tastes! I am partial to the 08 Grey /blacks even over the 09 Blacks. However the more I see of the white 09's, the more I wish I had unlimited resources! It really is a beautiful color, and would be the other one I would consider (didn't have to make that tough choice as it was not available when I purchased).

Markiee43, that's not quite my style, but can certainly appreciate the time and effort you must have put into her!!! You have way more mods than I do and know how much time and effort I put into mine. You should be proud.

Take care.

Rumble.

Hello from southern ontario. I only have one question for you. How can you spend that much on bike mods with two kids. Man. My wife would have my left one.

Very nice Busa though.

Well, at least you seem to have gotten over it.:laugh:

Can you tell me the set up for the top box on the passenger seat?

I am also trying to roll pennies for a Garmin Zumo 550.

Man I just love what you've done to your rid!! any chance you could share with me where you picked up some of these goodies? like the rear seat back support, the luggage and top tote, what kind of rear sets are they?

Takeuon, thats for the kind words. The Hugger(forgot about that mod) I carried over from my 01 Busa which I traded in for the 08. It was a while back and can't recall where I purchased it. It could have been an eBay purchase. I was never really happy with the fit on either bike, as you can tell by the cable tie I am using to secure it to the swingarm brace. I does the job and does match the rest of the bike however.
The rear passenger pegs I believe you inquired apon, were not from Gillies (just my front rearsets). They were just eBay purchases of Black pegs and were about $30.00 US. If you want the actual seller let me know and will look him for you, but he advertises on eBay almost all the time. You can get them in any color you like. They are of good quality and have no complaints with them.
Also I did not remove my exhaust mount hanger on either side, they are used to hold the Givi adaptors. I purchased those from Twisted Throttle who I have dealt with a few times in the past and have nothing but good to say about them.

As for the rear tail (shovel), I had it off originally, but the Givi luggage adaptors mount to it to secure the back end of the setup. I have seen (I believe it was warchild) with his setup without the tail and the bracket going from one side to the other unsecured, but felt that this may not be as stable as with the tail, so functionality won out on that occasion.

Obviously one of the other mods I forgot to mention was the removal of the decals. It is nothing against the busa kanji emblem which I truly admire and respect. It is in my humble opinion,a very tasteful symbol to represent the world's fastest production motorcycle. I just wish that suzuki would have placed it on the bike not with stickers, but with a true automotive emblem, fashioned after the great marquees. Something metalic, not to big, with gold or perhaps titanium plating to set the bike apart! I mean, "Stickers" for gods sake, this is not a childs' toy we are talking about. I personally feel it deserves more than that. Best analogy I could give would be the racing strips on many of the earlier NA muscle cars. You don't see racing strips on the top end German, Italian or even Japanese vehicles. That all being said, I financially cannot afford the types of high end exotic cars of which I speak, so I decided to go one better and purchased one of the worlds fastest, smoothest and best looking machines on the planet!:laugh:

Take care all.

Hey thanks for the response Rumble. It all makes sense now. I can honestly say.... to date....in my opinion you have the nicest modded bike going. Keep up the great work!

i really like the rearsets and chain adjusters they would look nice on my blue 08 (fastest color) and compliment the gold nicely
Great job and sweet ride!!!:beerchug::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well, at least you seem to have gotten over it.:laugh:

Can you tell me the set up for the top box on the passenger seat?

I am also trying to roll pennies for a Garmin Zumo 550.

Hi Dennis:

The top Case is a Givi case I purchased a few years back. Twisted Throttle I believe will carry them (TwistedThrottle.com). You may be able to also find a used set on eBay as they sometimes go up for auction.
I used the base of my stock passenger seat (which I am no longer using) and attached the Givi mounting plate to it via 3 bolts/nuts. The top case then just snaps onto the plate/seat base which is secured to the bike via the seat attachment mechanism.
Seems to work well, though I would not put a lot of weight in the top box for safety reasons.

Rumble.

My goodness... You have dropped some serious coin on that bike, and everything that you have done actually adds value and looks good. Not many people can say the same. I hope to one day have one half as nice. Fine job.:thumbsup:

Back