My Grey/Black 08 with Pics

HOLY SHEEP **** BAT MAN....

thats is by far the best all purpose / pimped out with the right tricks/goods genII busa i've seen and read on....

do you have an actual list of everything done?
only difference i would have done is gone with black pazzos and got the rear sets in black... i like the passenger peg change... i like the MC mod (so sick)... and research on doing the same for clutch resv? hmmm what else... damn honestly too much to list just flat out banans lol....

keep it up

very nice :bowdown: almost everything you have done is on my mod list. I am at step 5 need alot more money to complete. errrr to complete the list as is. by that time im sure i will have more on the list:whistle:

Take note ladies and gentleman. This is how it's done! BRAVO :clap: This is a true hyperbike tourer right here. She is ready to roll and melt the miles away. This is the one color I can truly say she looks sharp w/ no decals at all. And your suspension mods are dreamy :laugh:

Please excuse me...but I will be PM'ing you w/ a few detailed questions. :bowdown:

By the way...I was unaware that Gilles was offering passenger foot pegs?? And what rear sprocket are you running? It's a 45 tooth correct?

greats mods :thumbsup:

great pictures :thumbsup:

with wich camera do you do yours pictures ???
whaouuu excellent quality :bowdown:

Hi Everyone:

Wow, quite the response! I was out most of the day riding, I live in the Muskoka lakes District in Ontario Canada. I believe we have the best roads in Ontario in this region. Outside of the Rocky Mountains and SoCal (and the dragon of course), some of the best roads in NA. If you have an opportunity, check the area out.

As for some of the questions, the bike currently has 8500km on it. I have not had as much time to ride as I would like.
Full, the camera used was a Canon 5D mk II, with 100mm macro, 70-200 2.8 zoom, and 24-70 2.8 zoom. Takes real nice pics (and vids to apparently which I have yet to try).

Current list of mods are as follows (if memory serves me right):

Puig Double Bubble Smoked Screen
Speedohealer
Bazzaz FI, QS, Trac Control, Self mapper
Scorpio Alarm system
Yoshi 4-2-1 CF exhaust system
Gafler Wave rotors front and rear
SS black brake lines (Gafler I believe)
SS Black clutch line
2009 GSXR 1000 Brake calipers (monobloc)
2009 GSXR 1000 Brake MC
Pazzo Clutch and Brake Levers
HeliBars
Ohlins Steering Damper
Ohlins Rear shock
Race Tech Gold Valve Kit
Race Tech 1.0kg spring upgrade (I weight 220lbs)
Brocks clutch Mod
Factory Pro Evo Star shifter Mod
Dyna Beads front and rear tire for Balancing
Gillies Rearsets
Gillies Chain Adjuster
Gillies Rear stand brackets
Corbin front seat
Corbin Rear seat with back rest
Vortex sprockets +2 in rear -1 in front
Soupy's +1 adjustable dog bones (raised about 1/2 inch in rear)
SW-Motech Adaptors for Givi Luggage
Givi side and top cases
Starcom 1 Digital Com system.
iPod 60 gig for music
Zumo 550 GPS with Ram Mount
iphone 3GS 32 gig for Cell calls (via bluetooth through the Zumo)
Mirror extenders to help with rear visibility
Convex Mirrors to aid in rear blind spot checking
Deer whistles on front fender (I live in the country, lots of deer and other road wildlife, don't know if they work but for $10 bucks!)

Future mods:

CF inner fairings
Magic Racing CF mirrors
BST CF rims
HID 5000K High and low beam
BMW sport touring grips
ZZZ chain upgrade
Supersprox STEALTH Tri-Metal 530 Rear Sprocket
Purhaps some type of cruise control not sure yet

I would like to mention that I prefer the twisty roads over straight line, and I am sure many of you are wondering why the Rear seat with back rest? Well I am a single dad with 2 autistic kids. Needless to say they love going for rides on the busa! The back rest gives me added piece of mind, and more comfort for them, I am sure.

To note, for anyone who has not tried them the Dyna beads are amazing!
They really smoothed out my ride, and no more wheel weights to deal with, both an esthetic and functional improvement. Highly recommended.

Also since switching to Amsoil 20W-50 Motorcycle oil along with Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer, the vibration I was getting between 4500-5000 rpm seems to have disappeared. Not sure if it was the oil or the stabilizer which helped the vibration, but it is gone now, and was noticable before the switch. (I was running Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic before this). Something to try if you are noticing vibration being a problem.

Lastly what had inspired me to do this bike as such was a few years back I read a post on the org here about an all Carbon Fiber Hayabusa and thought it was the cats meow! So when the 08 Grey and Black came out, I saw the opportunity to do a similar bike without going to crazy with the CF. On the roads around my area I also see a few Porsche 911's and 930's which are all done in grey with gold accents which I think look outstanding.

Funny about the response on this board compared to what I get driving the bike around. No one really seems to notice my bike. Not having the logos is a big part of it I guess, but I would have thought that there would be more "bike informed" people out there that would appreciate the setup. Interesting! I do like being low keyed, this is just an observation!

One more thing, I do want to thank this board, its moderators and all the countless contributers who have donated their time and effort with ideas and creativity, you have inspired me, and given me something to strive for this last year. I always look forward to coming hear and reading what others have done and are going to do!!!

Safe riding.

Rumble Ripper

Nice CF rear hugger. May I ask where you found it? Looks like you need to remove your previous exhaust mount hangers, no?

_MG_1419 (1).jpg

Mods look great/awesome. I would get rid of the shovel though. Other than that, thanks for sharing and happy riding.

Takeuon, thats for the kind words. The Hugger(forgot about that mod) I carried over from my 01 Busa which I traded in for the 08. It was a while back and can't recall where I purchased it. It could have been an eBay purchase. I was never really happy with the fit on either bike, as you can tell by the cable tie I am using to secure it to the swingarm brace. I does the job and does match the rest of the bike however.
The rear passenger pegs I believe you inquired apon, were not from Gillies (just my front rearsets). They were just eBay purchases of Black pegs and were about $30.00 US. If you want the actual seller let me know and will look him for you, but he advertises on eBay almost all the time. You can get them in any color you like. They are of good quality and have no complaints with them.
Also I did not remove my exhaust mount hanger on either side, they are used to hold the Givi adaptors. I purchased those from Twisted Throttle who I have dealt with a few times in the past and have nothing but good to say about them.

As for the rear tail (shovel), I had it off originally, but the Givi luggage adaptors mount to it to secure the back end of the setup. I have seen (I believe it was warchild) with his setup without the tail and the bracket going from one side to the other unsecured, but felt that this may not be as stable as with the tail, so functionality won out on that occasion.

Obviously one of the other mods I forgot to mention was the removal of the decals. It is nothing against the busa kanji emblem which I truly admire and respect. It is in my humble opinion,a very tasteful symbol to represent the world's fastest production motorcycle. I just wish that suzuki would have placed it on the bike not with stickers, but with a true automotive emblem, fashioned after the great marquees. Something metalic, not to big, with gold or perhaps titanium plating to set the bike apart! I mean, "Stickers" for gods sake, this is not a childs' toy we are talking about. I personally feel it deserves more than that. Best analogy I could give would be the racing strips on many of the earlier NA muscle cars. You don't see racing strips on the top end German, Italian or even Japanese vehicles. That all being said, I financially cannot afford the types of high end exotic cars of which I speak, so I decided to go one better and purchased one of the worlds fastest, smoothest and best looking machines on the planet!:laugh:

Take care all.

Back