PDX GSX1300R

Not that I can tell. At this point the only problem is in extended stop and go traffic. I half thought about putting a temporary light on the dash someplace that would come on with the radiator fan. It can be hard to tell when the fan cycles on.

I would let it idle and watch it.
The fan should be on by about the time the temperature needle passes the half way point.
You can test it's temperarure sending unit too, but you will lose some coolant when you remove it, and may need to burp the air out of the cooling system after.
If the fan relay tests good, the temp sensor is the next likely place to check.

It IS under the left panel, next to the fuse block

Like a boss!

In college, the fan on my Fiesta stopped working. I ran a manual switch into the passenger area that I would flip on at stop lights. A few years ago, when putting a turbo engine into my Volvo 240, I found a slick adjustable fan switch that slips into the radiator hose. So nice.

E820E26B-21C2-461C-B8D7-318F264801D8-M.jpg

Clipped the zip ties and peeled back the rubber boot from the sensor. Either my wiggling broke one of the wires or she was already broken.

IMG_1997-M.jpg

I'm guessing that this is a replacment part. It appears that the wires were soldiered to the OEM loom.

IMG_1998-M.jpg

So I cut the wires and touched them together. The fan came on.

IMG_2001-M.jpg

I found this, but it requires a good sensor.

After looking on Motosport and Sport Bike Track Gear, I'm a little stumped.

I found this:

Seems like a common part. But my OEM connector is gone.

Not sure I need a lower temp unit. OEM would likely be fine. There appear to be several for $10 on Amazon. Just need to work around the missing female connector.

Last edited:
Clipped the zip ties and peeled back the rubber boot from the sensor. Either my wiggling broke one of the wires or she was already broken.

View attachment 1680632

I'm guessing that this is a replacment part. It appears that the wires were soldiered to the OEM loom.

View attachment 1680633

So I cut the wires and touched them together. The fan came on.

View attachment 1680634

I found this, but it requires a good sensor.

After looking on Motosport and Sport Bike Track Gear, I'm a little stumped.

Can you not find a new oem sensor anywhere?

Can you not find a new oem sensor anywhere?

Only did a preliminary Google search and checked those two sites. I would like to find the OEM wire connector if anyone knows of a moto salvage yard. I imagine this sensor / connector is pretty generic.

Only did a preliminary Google search and checked those two sites. I would like to find the OEM wire connector if anyone knows of a moto salvage yard. I imagine this sensor / connector is pretty generic.

Here is the oem sensor

And I think that this is the correct plug for it, that you can solder on to the factory harness.

Here is the oem sensor

And I think that this is the correct plug for it, that you can solder on to the factory harness.

You're a life saver! It will be nice to be able to endure metro traffic without the fear of the Mega-Busa having a melt down this summer.

Got a good review, but only a 2.5% increase this year. 24 years with the company. Lowest raise I can recall. Can't stop thinking about it. Retirement is in sight. I currently get a ton of PTO. Just super bummed. Sigh.

Got a good review, but only a 2.5% increase this year. 24 years with the company. Lowest raise I can recall. Can't stop thinking about it. Retirement is in sight. I currently get a ton of PTO. Just super bummed. Sigh.

Well that was a helluva segue…. Have you spoken to your retirement person to see exactly what the ‘goin away’ package is? How about SS? Eligible? Old enough to make it worthwhile? I don’t recall your age. I was 65 and retirement was more beneficial than continuing to work. Adding in my SS was frosting on the cake. Look into it.

Well that was a helluva segue…. Have you spoken to your retirement person to see exactly what the ‘goin away’ package is? How about SS? Eligible? Old enough to make it worthwhile? I don’t recall your age. I was 65 and retirement was more beneficial than continuing to work. Adding in my SS was frosting on the cake. Look into it.
Hi. My daughter received a $37,500.00 boost in pay. On a $87,500.00 base. There are 864 sales people in her copany she is in the top 30.

Back