Passenger Seat options

ericyow

Registered
Is Tobin the only choice for my passenger seat? I ordered a gel but I want my girl to be comfy for the long haul too. I can't find a gel passenger seat and am having trouble searching for other options. What do you suggest?

I don't mind spending the money on a Tobin, I just want to know it's the best bet for my girl and I'd rather the bike not be down for very long without a backseat. She's 5'8"ish about 110 soakin wet. I'm concerned that the 1.5" (?) drop in the seat might make her legs too bent to be comfortable. It's already pushing it for the long haul but she's a great girl. We plan to hit the dragon again this summer!

While I'm posting, I read about cutting the foam out and replacint it with gel. Then I found a place you can send the seat to who will do it - kno place upholstery. Any advice? Thanks!

Just my front seat droped 1.5" the back remained the same but nicer to sit on, they are both Tobin :beerchug:

here's a picture of my corbin passenger seat. It's shaped completely different from the stock one and harder too. My wife is 5'8" 120lbs and likes it better/complains less now than she did with the stock one. If you decide on a corbin make sure you know that they'll take your money when you order but won't get the seat out for 5-7 weeks. Nice policy corbin:disagree:

001.jpg

Well, I don't yet know what I want to do for her seat but I am starting to think her seat can wait til I get mine figured out. :poke: I just put the suzuki gel seat on it and rode 300 miles today. My butt was killing after 100 and about 200 miles in it was unbearable. I read somewhere about gel seats having to be broken in? Anybody got the lowdown on that?

I found that Kno Place Upholstry has a 3 day turnaround on taking your seat and making it gel. The passenger seat would be $73 and they won't charge you til they've done the seat. That's cool. But, if my gel seat sucks this bad forever, why oh why would anyone want gel?

Did I just mess up buying gel?

Back