Pappy's run CT guys

chrisrod

Registered
Well I don't know if anyone has done anything yet.Every year we have a run in CT to respect the guy that made it posable to ride in CT without your lid on. I'm looking to gather up some people from the CT area, or anyone who wants to go. The run starts in Sprauge and ends at Pappy's grave site in Montville.(Most people just go to a local bar in Montville for a beer, The Brown Durby.) This run is on sunday 5/24/09.

There is a after Party at the Sprague Rod & Gun Club. I will get more details and post them up. They have food and I know there is 2 bands its a good time. Last year there was some complications and they are working the kinks out. Meeting place undecided need to see how many people are interested in going. All bikes welcome. If anyone is interested in helping get something going PM me, I would like to get a bunch of bikes together.

I do want this experience to be enjoyable for everyone no wheelies burnouts and unsafe riding. I am a member at the club and I'm sure everyone can have a good time without. Do it before you get there and after you leave if needed.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ok here it goes Meeting place still undecided due to how many people commit to going. It's going to be at the Home Depot/Wal Mart parking lot in Lisbon, CT. Exit 84 off of I395 take a left and plasa is right on the left. I will know by Friday. The time is going to be between 9:00 and 10:00, the run starts promptly at 11:15. We need to get to the club by 10:30 the latest (Would like to get there by 10:00 if possible.)

They are going to be haveing Food,Raffles,Vendors,and live entertainment!!!! I thought there was going to be 2 bands but there's only going to be one this year.(Perfect Strangers) Everyone liked them last year so they booked them for the whole day this year. Tickets are sold before or at the door. The price is 15.00 per ticket and it was all you can eat last year. They will be having servers this year so people can't just go up and feed there whole table. If you want food you have to wait in line; at least that is what I was told. The flyer I have is showing a web site: 33rd Pappy's Run 2008. It was a good time last year. I hope to get a few people from the org.:thumbsup:

Celebrating having a choice I support.Riding without a helmet I don,t.And yes I would chose to wear one,but would a 20 year old!Likely not !Nothing against young riders for all those who wear helmets and are Young,but I see it all the time up here on nice sunny warm days,Pair of regular jeans,runners and a tshirt only!!(Helmets are mandatory here)Obviously these riders are making the wrong choice but educational marketing is what is needed when riders make unsafe choices.
I also think there are too many laws in place to protect people from themselves so I hope you have a good gathering at your ride.Question though how many riders show up with Helmets on anyways?To me that would be the ultimate statement in support of CHOICE.

You'd never catch me without my lid on. Bumping my head while working on a car hurts like a sumanabeotch. I can only imagine dumping the bike at 60-70 mph. That's just me. If it's your thing, by all means.

How about riding without your lid on after a few brews!!!!!LOL Yea it is a choice. Anyone that wants to wear there helmet go for it I'll still ride with you.I wore mine the first year and decided that it really isn't needed. Could something happen of course. BTW the club doesn't serve any alcohol until after the run for obvious reasons. I couldn't tell you how many do wear there lid, but some definitely do.

:whistle: What are you trying to come up for the day. Not many guys around here I guess, Ive only got 1 PM back. 1 is better than none. I have some other people going with me but I want some more busa's. I guess sunday I'll have to try and recruit Anyone I see on a busa. Well I still have almost a week.

Back