Gen II, Brock's CT pipes and Bazzaz

So that why you can go wot in 1st and 2nd gear?? :laugh:

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

Yep... :rofl:

You need to have a base map done on an eddy current dyno. The map must be done from the 0% throttle all the way to 100% through all the rpm ranges. Once that has been done you can use the ZAFM to monitor your A/F. Remember the ZAFM averages your A/F throughout the sampling period. Everytime you let off the throttle you will get a lean spike and it will throw your numbers off.

After a good dyno tune you will very rarely need to make adjustments.

+1

Custom tune is always recommended IF you have a shop that knows what they are doing. For the street you need it from 0-100% throttle, otherwise it will run like crap down low and scream when WOT...

I have the full exhaust. I will post the pictures tomorrow (with the fairings off).
Brock's only gave me the standard slip-on map. It is not doing much for me.
I also have the AFM module.

I have a Bazzaz map for my Alien head you are welcome to try until you get a custom tune. Send me your email if you want it.. :beerchug:

Well i guess your saying that the tech guys over there basicaly lied to my face!(well over the phone) I paid almost 2 grand for an exhaust and a full on race map spcific for the CT and to boot he will not post on a web site for just anybody to down load??? I'm not saying your not right but i would be very dissapointed and pi$$ed if you were. I had to go through an act of congress just to get the friggen map lol. What you said makes since and not trying to get a debate started just going on what i was told. However like i said 1-2 hp at most if i had it dyno tuned.

What you have to understand is EVERY BIKE is different. For 95% of his customers that map is probably pretty close. There are always bikes that make more/less power that will require a custom tune. There are variables in everything so it just depends. For a customer that will NEVER see the track, they probably won't notice a 2-3hp difference. For those looking to get every last bit of horsepower wanting to go faster, a custom tune should always be considered before anything else. A simple A/F check on a reputable dyno will give you ball park needs for YOUR particular bike... :thumbsup:

Justin - he might be "okay" with the canned map from Bazzaz, but any dyno tuner who is honest will tell you that a generic "canned" map - just like someone else's map - is junk. All bikes are different, and every modified bike should be tuned properly on an eddy-current, air/fuel dyno for optimal results . . .:poke:

Absolutely agree. My bike ran like crap with the "canned" bazzaz map with my R-77 system on it and after comparing the differences in the original map vs. Ryan Schnitz dyno tune map, it's very easy to see.

To add another note in here, dyno tuning isn't just ONLY to see peak horsepower. It's also to achieve a smooth running bike from idle to Redline.

Last edited:
To add another note in here, dyno tuning isn't just ONLY to see peak horsepower. It's also to achieve a smooth running bike from idle to Redline.

Justin - a very important and great note. I don't spend two+ hours in the dyno room just working on 100% throttle. The steady-state and cruise areas, all the different throttle positions - have to be tuned throughout the range of rpm that a particular bike will see. In fact, I have found that attention paid to the rest of the map increases peak hp as well. Throttle response, midrange, driveability - all of it is as important as the final hp and torque numbers. And I have also found that the sooner in the rpm and TP that a bike gets into the proper AFR, the more power it will make across the board and on top.

Back