Gen II, Brock's CT pipes and Bazzaz

johann123

Registered
I have a Gen II that I recently installed the Brock's CT pipes and the Bazzaz Z-FI TC and AFM modules.
My busa runs very rough and my question is: Where do I start?
Do I take it immediately to a Dyno shop?

Thansk

Get it tuned or flashed.
Brocks may have a generic map you can use in the mean time.

Pics of your CTs are a must. :thumbsup:

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

Agreed...Brock though might only be supporting maps for the Power Commander, but I would find out for sure. Def need to get it on a dyno for optimal results. Let us know how it goes, would like to see numbers.

Did you do the full CT Exhaust? Single or Double can(s)?

Agree...pics a must. :cheerleader:

You probably need to have the throttle position's programmed. All Bazzaz units only come loaded with a slip-on map out of the box

You probably need to have the throttle position's programmed. All Bazzaz units only come loaded with a slip-on map out of the box

Justin - he might be "okay" with the canned map from Bazzaz, but any dyno tuner who is honest will tell you that a generic "canned" map - just like someone else's map - is junk. All bikes are different, and every modified bike should be tuned properly on an eddy-current, air/fuel dyno for optimal results . . .:poke:

You need a TUNE bad...

That Bazzaz map for a slip-on...was completly JUNK on my bike before we started tuning... ;)

Brocks will send you a map with proof of purchase specifically for your exhaust and bike. I asked him about taking it and haveing it tuned, and he said thier maps are so spot on it would be a waist of money. MAYBE 1-2 hp difference. He has elevation info. for where you live for each individual map he sends with each purchase. His maps are NOT generic maps like the dyno jet maps.

same with the stock bazzaz being crap,,also dont forget that zafm only starts tunning at 3k so if have rough condition down at the low part of the curveget a tune

You need to have a base map done on an eddy current dyno. The map must be done from the 0% throttle all the way to 100% through all the rpm ranges. Once that has been done you can use the ZAFM to monitor your A/F. Remember the ZAFM averages your A/F throughout the sampling period. Everytime you let off the throttle you will get a lean spike and it will throw your numbers off.

After a good dyno tune you will very rarely need to make adjustments.

I have the full exhaust. I will post the pictures tomorrow (with the fairings off).
Brock's only gave me the standard slip-on map. It is not doing much for me.
I also have the AFM module.

Brocks will send you a map with proof of purchase specifically for your exhaust and bike. I asked him about taking it and haveing it tuned, and he said thier maps are so spot on it would be a waist of money. MAYBE 1-2 hp difference. He has elevation info. for where you live for each individual map he sends with each purchase. His maps are NOT generic maps like the dyno jet maps.

Every map that is on Dynojet's website is a "custom" map that was built on somebody else's bike, that is why I refer to them as generic. And I have to respectfully disagree with you, because Brock's maps are the same way. He throws extra fuel on top for ram air, and that is why his tunes don't make as much power on the dyno, however, I have dyno tuned MANY bikes that showed up at my door with a Brock pipe and a Brock map, and have ALWAYS made more hp after going through the entire map and redoing it, even with taking ram air compensation into consideration. All of my custom maps are "spot on" - for the particular bike they were made for. Try to imagine how many Busas POWERHOUSE has custom tuned . . . each and every one individually! You have to, if you want it right. Using somebody else's map is like wearing somebody else's shoes . . .

Every map that is on Dynojet's website is a "custom" map that was built on somebody else's bike, that is why I refer to them as generic. And I have to respectfully disagree with you, because Brock's maps are the same way. He throws extra fuel on top for ram air, and that is why his tunes don't make as much power on the dyno, however, I have dyno tuned MANY bikes that showed up at my door with a Brock pipe and a Brock map, and have ALWAYS made more hp after going through the entire map and redoing it, even with taking ram air compensation into consideration. All of my custom maps are "spot on" - for the particular bike they were made for. Try to imagine how many Busas POWERHOUSE has custom tuned . . . each and every one individually! You have to, if you want it right. Using somebody else's map is like wearing somebody else's shoes . . .
Well i guess your saying that the tech guys over there basicaly lied to my face!(well over the phone) I paid almost 2 grand for an exhaust and a full on race map spcific for the CT and to boot he will not post on a web site for just anybody to down load??? I'm not saying your not right but i would be very dissapointed and pi$$ed if you were. I had to go through an act of congress just to get the friggen map lol. What you said makes since and not trying to get a debate started just going on what i was told. However like i said 1-2 hp at most if i had it dyno tuned.

Well i guess your saying that the tech guys over there basicaly lied to my face!(well over the phone) I paid almost 2 grand for an exhaust and a full on race map spcific for the CT and to boot he will not post on a web site for just anybody to down load??? I'm not saying your not right but i would be very dissapointed and pi$$ed if you were. I had to go through an act of congress just to get the friggen map lol.

What do you think anybody is going to say when they are offering you a map not specifically for your bike? Brock, and the tech guys that work for him are good people, they do their best and they're honest. I will give you an example: I had two customers (brothers) come in with the same exact bikes - R1s. Same years, same exhausts, same air filters - even the same damn color. They wanted them custom dyno tuned. I did the first one and dropped that "custom" map in the second, thinking even if I had to make some adjustments, it would be close. Guess what? It wasn't, it was a completely different map. And they both made different horsepower, I think it was about a 4 hp difference. Both were tuned on the same day, same equipment.

What do you think anybody is going to say when they are offering you a map not specifically for your bike? Brock, and the tech guys that work for him are good people, they do their best and they're honest. I will give you an example: I had two customers (brothers) come in with the same exact bikes - R1s. Same years, same exhausts, same air filters - even the same damn color. They wanted them custom dyno tuned. I did the first one and dropped that "custom" map in the second, thinking even if I had to make some adjustments, it would be close. Guess what? It wasn't, it was a completely different map. And they both made different horsepower, I think it was about a 4 hp difference. Both were tuned on the same day, same equipment.
Was that a Brocks map and exhaust from them? Your 4hp on a different bike is in the ballpark(1-2) of the difference of what they told me i may see with a dyno tune. I believe you....... I was just telling the op my experience i had with Brocks map and what THEY told me. Not argueing just stating what i was told.

Was that a Brocks map and exhaust from them? Your 4hp on a different bike is in the ballpark(1-2) of the difference of what they told me i may see with a dyno tune. I believe you....... I was just telling the op my experience i had with Brocks map and what THEY told me. Not argueing just stating what i was told.

No, no argument at all. I am just trying to give you information you should know. Even though the difference between the hp on the identical bikes was close, it took two completely different maps to get there. I have modified many a Brock map over the years. The bottom line is that no two identical bikes - even with the same mods - map the same. The Brock map will indeed get you close - you may even be happy with how it runs, and how much power it makes. You should just know that no matter how close it is (or isn't), it is not the perfect map for YOUR bike. IMO, if you are investing money in performance mods, you should have it dialed it perfectly - it is the icing on the cake, the best investment you can make.

No, no argument at all. I am just trying to give you information you should know. Even though the difference between the hp on the identical bikes was close, it took two completely different maps to get there. I have modified many a Brock map over the years. The bottom line is that no two identical bikes - even with the same mods - map the same. The Brock map will indeed get you close - you may even be happy with how it runs, and how much power it makes. You should just know that no matter how close it is (or isn't), it is not the perfect map for YOUR bike. IMO, if you are investing money in performance mods, you should have it dialed it perfectly - it is the icing on the cake, the best investment you can make.
Very true:beerchug: Thank you for your info.

Back