Pair/Reed Valve block off...

Is the popping on decell bad for the bike? My K8 does it a little since the full Yosh R77 but not too bad. It doesn't bother me and I was wondering if it hurts anything if I leave it alone?
Good question ... even though I did the marble mod. all ready, will it cause any problems by blocking off the pair/reed valve? Will I gain or loose HP? What is the effect of this mod. other than to stop the popping of the exhaust?
IMOP.. There is no significant gain or loss in HP doing this mod! The purpose of the pair valve is to add air back in the mixture at the converter to help pass emissions.

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
you are the man ... thank you sir.

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

i used a rubber tapered plug... fit tight and snug.. had some in the tool box....no more popping...4-5 more ponies now....thanks pair valve.

used a tapered rubber plug.. fit justright, had it in the tool box....all done and tons more power now..ahahahah
deadhorse.gif

hi all, i work for a medical and laboratory equipment manufacturer, so we had 927 5/8" copper tubing caps. I "borrowed one and quickly went home to install it. i installed it and added a touch more fuel in the acceleration mode on my juice box, and BAM! no more pops or crackles during decel or changing gears between 1st and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd...... i have the two bros carbon slip ons, and juice box set up, and a puig smoke double bubble at present.....

______________mybike.jpg

hi all, i work for a medical and laboratory equipment manufacturer, so we had 927 5/8" copper tubing caps. I "borrowed one and quickly went home to install it. i installed it and added a touch more fuel in the acceleration mode on my juice box, and BAM! no more pops or crackles during decel or changing gears between 1st and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd...... i have the two bros carbon slip ons, and juice box set up, and a puig smoke double bubble at present.....
What is a "juice box" set up???

Thanks tons for the sticky. Going to try this tomorrow cause I have a very slight decel pop with the yosh full r77

What is a "juice box" set up???
a juice box is a fuel injection controller marketed by two brothers racing. after i purchased it i found out theat it is in fact manufactured by dobeck industries. all this controller does is add fuel to rememdy a lean condition caused by modifying your exhaust or air filter.

Can any harm be done by not doing this mod...

I installed my Hotbodies megaphone tips last night and love the exhaust barble that goes on when you are off the gas and throttle open, engine sounds awesome as it burbles and gargles the fuel...:thumbsup:

Guess I'll try and hit up Lowes find a plug, install it, and see what the difference is.

The juice box is the Techlusion TFI box (From Dolbeck Performance) with a 2 brothers racing logo on it. I have one my 02 gsxr 1000. Nice easy to tune if you dont go to radical on the mods. Low speed, Acceleration and W.O.T. fuel pots. Adds fuel only.

I didn't have a problem with popping, but I decided to do it just in case it starts after I'm done breaking it in. Nice and easy mod, it took no time.

:thumbsup::bowdown::afro:

Back