Pair valve block off plates?

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
With my latest order Schnitz sent me a paper catalog...

Looking at the block off plates for the pair valve and the plug in resistor to stop the light from coming on.

I know about the marble mod but it bugs me to have parts on the bike that are disconnected and doing nothing so I would rather remove the valve.

How difficult are the plates to install? Lots of stuff need to be removed for access?

Since my pair valve is turned off in the tune would I even need the resistor?

With my latest order Schnitz sent me a paper catalog...

Looking at the block off plates for the pair valve and the plug in resistor to stop the light from coming on.

I know about the marble mod but it bugs me to have parts on the bike that are disconnected and doing nothing so I would rather remove the valve.

How difficult are the plates to install? Lots of stuff need to be removed for access?

Since my pair valve is turned off in the tune would I even need the resistor?
The install is easy-peasy....

Tank lifts up, air box comes off and the PAIR caps are exposed on top of the valve cover....take them off and install the plates....then install the resistor plug cap and take the pair system off....

As you have the tune to shut off the PAIR, you probably don't need the resistor plug but you have it and connecting it won't hurt anything...

The install is easy-peasy....

Tank lifts up, air box comes off and the PAIR caps are exposed on top of the valve cover....take them off and install the plates....then install the resistor plug cap and take the pair system off....

As you have the tune to shut off the PAIR, you probably don't need the resistor plug but you have it and connecting it won't hurt anything...
Cool. So the only other thing I need is a cap to block the hole in the airbox where the hose goes? Is there just the one hose?

the kit should have a vacuum plug to block off the air box. the whole “octopus” assembly can be left in place or removed all together. its slides off a bracket bolted to the frame. if u decide to remove the octopus u can also remove the mounting bracket. a ratchet wrench will make that easier. with my kit you still use the factory reed assembly since it has the rubber seal built into it. i just removed the reeds/ hardware from them.

DFDE5F3D-2236-485E-8A71-BFE286CBAD30.jpeg

8ABCE5AE-2660-48DA-B2E1-D2587102CC70.jpeg

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner as I was out walking the neighbor's dog..

Brother @pcs has this covered..

I have the kit in my garage that I've never bothered to install yet...
LOL, I don't expect instant responses, heck I'm happy to get any response at all!

Yea, I think I'm squared away. Thanks.

the kit should have a vacuum plug to block off the air box. the whole “octopus” assembly can be left in place or removed all together. its slides off a bracket bolted to the frame. if u decide to remove the octopus u can also remove the mounting bracket. a ratchet wrench will make that easier. with my kit you still use the factory reed assembly since it has the rubber seal built into it. i just removed the reeds/ hardware from them.

View attachment 1664052

View attachment 1664053
Thanks!

Reactions: pcs
I know what it's like to be working on something and awaiting guidance or advice....

I don't know much but try to impart what I know as quickly as I can.

Glad you got it sorted out....
Yea, when you're elbows deep in a project it can be frustrating but in this case I was just deciding whether or not to order parts.

You've done alot to this bike lately...we're gonna have to start getting creative to help you keep spending your money...
lol
LOL, if I could just ride more I wouldn't have to work on her so much but with my wife sick it's hard to get out for long.

Honestly feel like she's pretty much where I want her but there's always something.

I still have the tank grips to put on, nervous about getting them even.

Honestly not really. She can only walk a few steps and we have yet to find a doctor who can figure out what's wrong with her.
That's tough to hear....

Crazy to think of all this technology out there and there are still cases the medicos can't resolve..

A former colleague of mine and a person who was in Olympic athlete condition was stricken with an ailment which alluded doctors....they put him through a whole pile of treatments from experimental drugs to chemotherapy and now he has a pacemaker....

I visit him often and he is in good spirits...I look at him now and remember some of the superhuman feats he was capable of in our day...

LOL, if I could just ride more I wouldn't have to work on her so much but with my wife sick it's hard to get out for long.

Honestly feel like she's pretty much where I want her but there's always something.

I still have the tank grips to put on, nervous about getting them even.
Use clear packing tape folded over on itself, or some command strips to stick the tank pads on temporarily, so you can move them and get them exactly where you want.
Then put masking tape around the edges for reference, then stick them permamently, and peel the masking tape.

That's tough to hear....

Crazy to think of all this technology out there and there are still cases the medicos can't resolve..

A former colleague of mine and a person who was in Olympic athlete condition was stricken with an ailment which alluded doctors....they put him through a whole pile of treatments from experimental drugs to chemotherapy and now he has a pacemaker....

I visit him often and he is in good spirits...I look at him now and remember some of the superhuman feats he was capable of in our day...
I have a friend who I served with. He stayed in and recently retired as a Sgt Mgr. Just after retirement he was diagnosed with ALS. He's in rough shape now, going to die any day now. Went downhill so fast. Terrible disease.

As for Julia, we're still trying. We have new insurance so hopefully a new set of doctors will be able to figure this out.

Reactions: pcs
Use clear packing tape folded over on itself, or some command strips to stick the tank pads on temporarily, so you can move them and get them exactly where you want.
Then put masking tape around the edges for reference, then stick them permamently, and peel the masking tape.
Yea, I know the theory, lol

Back