pair valve block off, which one is it-08

hemi

Registered
just installed my full brocks system with pc/filter and have it's been idling erradically (doubt i spelled that right lol). Anyways, i did the pair valve block off but think i capped the wrong hose. I capped off the hose on the right side of the airbox right next to the ram air tube/throttle side, which brocks pic shows. Did a search on it and i see many posting to block off this tube, and others posting to block off the right tube on the backside of the airbox towards the battery side. So which one is it i need to block off on the 08? Could this cause idling issues if i blocked the wrong hose

yes, that is the hose i have capped off on my 08. So that's the correct one, right side of airbox right next to ram air tube? Saw a few posts where people said that was the wrong one

no, just capped off the pair valve tube. Thought the pair valve block off kit was only for earlier model busa's where the plates are above the exhaust ports on the block

You did the right tube. There is a pair valve block off kit for the gen 2s but i don't think that they are as big of a deal as the 1st gens. Make sure the hose is all the way back on the cap.

You did the correct tube! :thumbsup:

Just to be clear since people keep confusing the two. There is the easy quick marble mod to block the hose and then there is the full PAIR mod others speak of that removes more depending on the year.

Gen-I used plates on the front of the head where the smog pump hoses are removed.

Block Off Plate, Air Injection, Suzuki Hayabusa - Brock

99-07 BUSA
26098-pair-block-off-plates-img_0218.jpg

Those are NOT needed on the Gen-II...

If you want to do it (but not required) this is the Gen-II mod...

Gen-II plates are on top of the valve cover...
Block Off Plates, Air Injection, Suzuki Hayabusa

08+
pvbgx1000.jpg

(P.S...pic is a GSXR1K not a BUSA valve cover)

Again, they both give the same results but one takes 5-seconds and one takes a little more time to remove.

Also on the Gen-II, if you are using the ECU tuner you can shut it off with the software.

Just depends which route you want to eliminate it... :beerchug:

Last edited:
Back