SUZUKI PAIR VALVE BLOCK OFF PLATES

sugarminnot

Registered
Are the SUZUKI PAIR VALVE BLOCK OFF PLATES needed for the 08? I'll be running aftermarket full system, and air filter. Later I'll be getting the Weber BILLET CAMS, BOLT-IN.

It's a different set up than the Gen 1's, so you can't use the four little plates. I have taped over the openings with electical tape for the time being. You could also use some plastic caps if you can find the right size.

Are the SUZUKI PAIR VALVE BLOCK OFF PLATES needed for the 08? I'll be running aftermarket full system, and air filter. Later I'll be getting the Weber BILLET CAMS, BOLT-IN.
No, not in my experience, they aren't.

I installed the Yosh 4-2-1 R-77 full system, and I am experiencing no popping on decel, or any other issue/problem with the fueling.

On the recommendation from HPC, I am not running a PC-III nor do I intend to. Neither have I done anything to the PAIR system. It is unobtrusive with regard to my bike usage, so there is no compelling reason for me to alter it.

Whatever you do, don't remove the PAIR solenoid. It can / should be blocked off with a simple plug on the right hand side of the air box if you are running a PCIII with pipe, but if you remove the solenoid (located on top of the valve cover in front of the coils) the ECU will throw a code.

Whatever you do, don't remove the PAIR solenoid.  It can / should be blocked off with a simple plug on the right hand side of the air box if you are running a PCIII with pipe, but if you remove the solenoid (located on top of the valve cover in front of the coils) the ECU will throw a code.
Not if you put a resistor in the circuit.

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
Draco1340 @ Feb. 13 2008 said:
1295301[/ATTACH] AM]
Whatever you do, don't remove the PAIR solenoid.  It can / should be blocked off with a simple plug on the right hand side of the air box if you are running a PCIII with pipe, but if you remove the solenoid (located on top of the valve cover in front of the coils) the ECU will throw a code.
Not if you put a resistor in the circuit.
Your correct.  Have you done it.  Can you share details?

zzwhip.gif

Are the SUZUKI PAIR VALVE BLOCK OFF PLATES needed for the 08? I'll be running aftermarket full system, and air filter.  Later I'll be getting the Weber BILLET CAMS, BOLT-IN.
No, not in my experience, they aren't.

I installed the Yosh 4-2-1 R-77 full system, and I am experiencing no popping on decel, or any other issue/problem with the fueling.

On the recommendation from HPC, I am not running a PC-III nor do I intend to. Neither have I done anything to the PAIR system. It is unobtrusive with regard to my bike usage, so there is no compelling reason for me to alter it.
You need to find a real tuner then
just read this

2008 link with pc3

You need to find a real tuner then
Um.... nope. Pretty sure I don't have to do that.

Perhaps it's a reading comprehension issue. Let's try another approach. I'll try adding some amplifying information, and italicize the germane words to help in this effort.

I installed the Yosh 4-2-1 R-77 full system primarily to drop 37lbs of weight from the stock setup. It's not like this machine is exactly struggling for power, even in its stock configuration. After I installed the exhaust, I am happily experiencing no popping on decel, or any other issue/problem with the fueling.

The bike is running flawlessly for my needs on the street. I am not running a PC-III nor do I intend to just to obtain a paltry few more ponies that will make f*ck all difference for the bike's intended usage during competitive Long Distance Endurance events. Neither have I done anything to the PAIR system. The latter is unobtrusive with regard to my bike usage, so there is no compelling reason for me to alter it.

That said, and while I appreciate your unsolicited advice, I already have a real tuner, thank you, and I already have the Job Done.
cool.gif

YoshInstalledwithCowlings7.jpg

I installed the R-77 full system on my otherwise stock 08 and did have popping when i removed the baffle. I stuck a bolt in the tube off the airbox to block the pair valve and the popping went away.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back