Pair valve block off

busanewb

Registered
For anyone who has done pair valve block offs is there suppose to be dirt and debris on the Reed valves? Maybe it was carbon build up? My block off plates from ape required me to leave the reeds in but they were gunked up and I didnt want to try and clean it off with fear it might go into the motor...

What model Gen ? In my Gen 2 plate fitment , the plates were removed and the surrounding gasket bracket refitted and plate bolted down . The removed reeds were discolored / coated with some type of carbon residue I think , but not what I'd call excessive .

What model Gen ? In my Gen 2 plate fitment , the plates were removed and the surrounding gasket bracket refitted and plate bolted down . The removed reeds were discolored / coated with some type of carbon residue I think , but not what I'd call excessive .
Mine is a gen 2. Definitely discolored and seemed almost like sand. Not a large amount but enough to worry me... bike only has 4000 miles on it.

Have you got a picture of them ?

20180911_203006.jpg

Slightly worried about later on rust falling into the valves and pitting the valve seats since the the reeds arent there to stop anything from falling in

If you have removed the small bolts and the 2 small plates , and cleaned the remaining framed gasket , your block off plate is all good to place on and bolt down to fit up . Once the plate is fitted and sealed , should be okay because the accumulation of debris flow is stopped . The debris coating is probably normal but just more build up .

Last edited:
Looks damp where you are looking at the bolt tops. Always keep the tank full when not riding, never get gas at a station (that’s getting gas) and occasionally run some Seafoam thru the tank. All gas has some water in it due to the type of storage tanks used. A lil gas in an 18 gallon tank in your car isn’t too bad but a lil gas in our 5 gallon tanks can cause rust to form throughout the fuel system.

Looks damp where you are looking at the bolt tops. Always keep the tank full when not riding, never get gas at a station (that’s getting gas) and occasionally run some Seafoam thru the tank. All gas has some water in it due to the type of storage tanks used. A lil gas in an 18 gallon tank in your car isn’t too bad but a lil gas in our 5 gallon tanks can cause rust to form throughout the fuel system.
Think I should put some oil or grease on the gaskets to prevent further rusting? I live in houston where the humidity is over 90% most of the time so your right extremely damp where I live

I am considering doing this on my bike mainly to clean up the bike a bit.
So if I get a block off plate set I can delete those tubes completely?

2409DC41-39DE-449B-B364-A301A8366DA4.jpeg

B8F57D06-4E88-477A-A257-0E7D234400DC.jpeg

I am considering doing this on my bike mainly to clean up the bike a bit.
So if I get a block off plate set I can delete those tubes completely?

View attachment 1591167

View attachment 1591168
YES just like at a strip club Take it all off the tubes at the top down below where it they tie into the smog system block. I put the block off plates on with some red gasket maker since extra cautious. Drop some weight but more important free HP & better running bike period. You will be very pleased and easy mod to do.

Back