Pair valve block off plates?

Is there any other emission control stuff that can be removed relatively easily? I have a full exhaust so already have no cats

I have a friend who I served with. He stayed in and recently retired as a Sgt Mgr. Just after retirement he was diagnosed with ALS. He's in rough shape now, going to die any day now. Went downhill so fast. Terrible disease.

As for Julia, we're still trying. We have new insurance so hopefully a new set of doctors will be able to figure this out.
With any luck the new set of doctors will sort it out....fingers crossed....

How many miles on your bike? I changed my plugs later than the manual recommended a because I assumed the didn’t have to be changed as often and I could tell the tips were worn.
Almost 12k. I always change them more often than specified on any vehicle. Relatively speaking, plugs are cheap. Not certain when, if ever, they were changed last and since I'll be in there anyway I might as well.

Almost 12k. I always change them more often than specified on any vehicle. Relatively speaking, plugs are cheap. Not certain when, if ever, they were changed last and since I'll be in there anyway I might as well.
You probably have the originals. Manual says 7500 miles, which seems like too soon, but you can’t really compare the life spark plugs live in a Honda Accord to the one in a hayabusa screaming at 8k plus RPMS.

Manual says 7500 miles, which seems like too soon, but you can’t really compare the life spark plugs live in a Honda Accord to the one in a hayabusa screaming at 8k plus RPMS.

VFR comrades have pulled the original plugs off of their bikes with massive miles on them, like 30k-50k but noticed no significant difference in the plugs. High compression and happy as pie at 11 k rpm.

That being my first bike, I was stunned at the change intervals and how every busa owner seemed to have black plugs when I joined here. Honda seems to still hold engine secrets over the others.

VFR comrades have pulled the original plugs off of their bikes with massive miles on them, like 30k-50k but noticed no significant difference in the plugs. High compression and happy as pie at 11 k rpm.

That being my first bike, I was stunned at the change intervals and how every busa owner seemed to have black plugs when I joined here. Honda seems to still hold engine secrets over the others.
Mine looked good, changed them anyway

20230317_115723.jpg

OK, whole job is done. Also rejiggered my mirrors for a little more outside reach. Used the original bar end weights and some long screws that I had to order from McMaster-Carr. Vibration damping provided by a regular garden hose washer. Tried a bunch of different orings but they wouldn't stay in place so arrived at this.

20230317_132912.jpg

OK, whole job is done. Also rejiggered my mirrors for a little more outside reach. Used the original bar end weights and some long screws that I had to order from McMaster-Carr. Vibration damping provided by a regular garden hose washer. Tried a bunch of different orings but they wouldn't stay in place so arrived at this.

View attachment 1664243
Oh man ... you put the hose washer on backwards! Darn newbies!

Back