Painting it yourself

(CAT3 @ Jan. 15 2007,20:43) Ty, did you do a write-up or pictorial of the undertail storage extension?  I thought about doing mine as well, but haven't gotten around to it.  Any help or insight on it is appreciated.  Still need to paint my inners also.  Just too tired of prepping parts for a little while.  Looks great man.
No DIY, Cat3 ! I'll get with you l8tr on with the details on what you need to do for fabbing up a lowered floor on the undertail.
wink.gif

(Rhythm @ Jan. 16 2007,14:59)
(CAT3 @ Jan. 15 2007,20:43) Ty, did you do a write-up or pictorial of the undertail storage extension?  I thought about doing mine as well, but haven't gotten around to it.  Any help or insight on it is appreciated.  Still need to paint my inners also.  Just too tired of prepping parts for a little while.  Looks great man.
No DIY, Cat3 ! I'll get with you l8tr on with the details on what you need to do for fabbing up a lowered floor on the undertail.  
wink.gif
Bro, walk me through the sanding and prep for the inners. I want to do mine.

Thanks!

P.

I need to make me some space for paintwork one of these days! Looks great, bro!

bowdown.gif
Ty,I think GPW is lookin for someone with the same skillz as you playa!
super.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Jan. 16 2007,10:23)
bowdown.gif
Ty,I think GPW is lookin for someone with the same skillz as you playa!  
super.gif
I'm not for hire, but good lQQkn out, Paul.
super.gif

super.gif

Man, I already see myself throwing good money after bad....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Killer job and excellent post....

biggrin.gif

Hey Tom, I've only done this once and temp forgot exactly which paper I started with on the inner panels. Because I said earlier in this post to start with an 800 grit. The correct paper to start with and what I used was a 220 adhesive backing sandpaper applied to my orbital air sander. Then finishing it off with hand wet sanding using 800, 1000 to 2000 emery grit paper. (sand in a horizontal back and forth motion). You can use vibrator type sander purchased from Lowes,Sear or Home Depot if you do not have an air compressor for an orbital sander.

(PACIFICBUSA @ Jan. 15 2007,15:58)
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

This time 'round, it ain't about the game...it's all about the playa!  
bowdown.gif
Trying to put together a good A team !
muscle.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

(THEPANTHER @ Jan. 15 2007,16:13) Rhythym, UR the @#*@* Man!!! U always come up with some Lex Luthor  plan of attack that just blows me away. Aside from that you share the luv. Thx Bra!!!
race.gif
No sweat, Chief, and thanks for the compliment.
wink.gif

(Poppy @ Jan. 15 2007,16:37) That looks sick and you make it sound easy. I think I need to go to find a paint gun and some spare parts to practice with. Hopefully I'll find the patience and talent too!
I aint worried about,now get giggy wid it and show us what your made of. If you can read, you can do !

(BigBSBusa @ Jan. 16 2007,09:44) I need to make me some space for paintwork one of these days!  Looks great, bro!
Dayyyum, lQQk who came out of hiding  
AAAssjani.gif
. I must be doing somthing right, ehh Ken.  
tounge.gif

Thnks bro.
super.gif

(Rhythm @ Jan. 16 2007,21:46) Hey Tom, I've only done this once and temp forgot exactly which paper I started with on the inner panels. Because I said earlier in this  post to start with  an 800 grit. The correct paper to start with and what I used was a 220 adhesive backing sandpaper applied to my orbital air sander. Then finishing it off with hand wet sanding using 800, 1000 to 2000 emery grit paper. (sand in a horizontal back and forth motion). You can use vibrator type sander purchased from Lowes,Sear or Home Depot if you do not have an air compressor for an orbital sander.
Thanks Bro!!!

bowdown.gif

Back