*Blue factory color paint for 00' - 01' Busa*

quazy

Registered
Hey I need to repaint an upper fairing (nose) on my 01' Blue&Silver Hayabusa. The factory paint color that I am looking for is: Deep Pearl Blue (Suzuki factory color code 1LF). I am going to repaint this upper all blue w/o silver.

I have called numerous Suzuki dealerships and they all say that the only place that they can get this color paint is from: www.color-rite.com which would cost me like $100+ just for enough paint to do the upper fairing.

I have seen used upper fairings in good condition sell for like $150.00 on Ebay and other places so it seems stupid to even repaint this upper.

My question is, does anyone know of a different color out there that matches this factory "deep pearl blue" that ppg, dupont, or someone might carry? I have heard that
"1996 Chrysler ultra marine blue - effect" is almost a perfect match for it?

hrmm....you can try going to color-rite's site and see if they have the paint code to match your bike.

rock.gif

ohh...I see. Well, just call around some paint shops, give them the color code, and see if they have it.

Here ya go.They have it i used it on modded parts for mine.When painting watch tone when you have it the way you want it stop with the coats.Self etching primer works for aluminum and the plastic.Used sherwin williams primer and clear base 7 and it came mint with color rite poly paint. Color code for 2001, 4265 Suzuki 1lf pearl deep blue.http://www.color-rite.com/

<!--EDIT|SHODA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078791879 -->

Dudes, he's askin for a source other than color-rite due to the price color-rite wants for the paint.
rock.gif

Sorry quazy but I've tried all my local sources and have been unable to find any factory Suzuki color information through Dupont or PPG. I was lookin' at doin' some repairs for guys on the site on the side but no luck with paint so far. I can't afford to stock all the colors thru color-rite. Too much overhead for me to do the repairs at a sweet price.

If I eventually track down factory Suzuki info I'll pass it on. No luck so far though...
soapbox.gif

yeah....but woudln't you just need the color code for someone else to match it? Or am I wrong in this. I plan on having a friend of mine look up the paint for my hump....

Give a bro some hints, BT.
smile.gif

yeah....but woudln't you just need the color code for someone else to match it? Or am I wrong in this. I plan on having a friend of mine look up the paint for my hump....

Give a bro some hints, BT.  
smile.gif
Unfortunately it's not that simple... at least according to my local suppliers it's not. They don't have mixing info for bikes so a paint code doesn't do them any good. Nothing to pull up using the codes. The only place I know of right now to get the actual factory colors is color-rite.com. I haven't put a lot of effort into it since I haven't needed any factory color yet though. I'm not goin' with factory colors for my repaint... IF it ever happens.
drooling3.gif

oh yeah, it'll happen, BT!! Ya jus gotta have faith. You know this, bro!

I'll try and talk to some of the paint guys here...and I'll se eif they can match it. I'll let ya know how it comes along.
wink.gif

Dudes, he's askin for a source other than color-rite due to the price color-rite wants for the paint.  
rock.gif

Sorry quazy but I've tried all my local sources and have been unable to find any factory Suzuki color information through Dupont or PPG. I was lookin' at doin' some repairs for guys on the site on the side but no luck with paint so far. I can't afford to stock all the colors thru color-rite. Too much overhead for me to do the repairs at a sweet price.

If I eventually track down factory Suzuki info I'll pass it on. No luck so far though...  
soapbox.gif
Hehe.. I started getting a little confused there for a second. Thx for settin' em' str8 BT.
tounge.gif
You knew exactly what I was asking. I figured noone knew any matches. Seems like you have went through the same thing. I have contacted every local paint shop around and they all tell me that they dont have it nor can they match it up. But I do know a guy who painted a part on his 01' blue/silver Busa. He repainted part of the blue with:
1996 Chrysler ultra marine blue-effect.

I remember seeing his busa after he used that color, and it matched up almost perfect as far as I remember. Ima try to run him down, look at his bike again, and get the paint code for that 96' chrysler color and I guess ill try that.. I will let ya know on how it comes out with pics!
wink.gif
Thx!

Yeah, let us know how you come out. I have plans to call the actual paint manufacturer formula hotlines to see if they might could put me onto something but I never think about it when I'm at the paint store. They only service the paint stores and shops that have their mixing systems so I'll have to call from one of those places to get any help. Maybe I'll think of it when I'm there someday.
wink.gif

Finally got the the upper painted. I also went ahead and sprayed the front fender and underwing since they had a few scratches. Everything came out looking like a piece of glass. It does not even need to be sanded and buffed at all! Ill have to see how well they came out tommarow in the sunlight though, but as far as I can tell under garage lights, it looks like an identical paint match. I guess this "1996 Crysler ultra marine blue-effect" was perfect for the 00'-01' Deep blue pearl factory color. But Ill post better daylight pics tommarow. Now we just need to find other Busa factory color matches instead of paying an arm & a leg off of color-rite. Fuggn...Suzuki..
laugh.gif

Hey where did you buy the paint for the 96 chrysler or did you just go to an automotive shop and have then mix it?
rock.gif
Also did they put a flex agent in the paint so that it would crack or peel when you remove the fairing or is the regular automotive paint fine??? Dang got a ton more questions once you get these answered! And the fairing looks great!

Got it from a local automotive paint supply place. I used the Dupont Chromasystem Base coat/Clear coat. The actual name of the color (96' crysler ultra marine blue-effect) was not in the computer systems of local shops. I had to give them a paint code. (Ill post it up tommarow with pics of the bike). I actually have about 100 vehicles under my belt that I have painted. I have always used acrylic enamel though. This was my first experience with Base/clear. I didnt get a chance to take a picture in the daylight of the bike put together today, but Ill snap some and post em' up tommarow.
cool.gif

I had to call Allied Barter yesterday regarding one of their extreme graphics undertails (need replacement turnsignals)and was speaking to the guy there(didn't get his name), but told him my used undertail also could stand to be repainted, and he said that they would do/redo it to match the '01 blue (which it already is - it matches my color perfectly) for $30 - even fixing the couple of small chips in it..... That sounds like a deal to me.
The dood I talked to I believe is the owner, and he seemed to be a real cool guy - I called their shop in Miami FL after work hours and left a message: Approx 1/2 hour later the guy called me back from TORONTO CANADA! (he was on vacation visiting his family & had called his shop to check his messages)
Now that is some customer service!
Anyway, saying all that, For as cheap as he was going to do it for, he has to be getting his supplies cheap enough &the color matches good, I'd be willing to bet if you called & asked the guy what paint he uses he'd prolly tell you - he just seemed to be that nice & helpful to me. I'll soon be doing buisness with them, I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Hope this long winded bit of info helps.

Pit Bull

DEATH TO ALL EMUS!!!! Oh wait a minute...that's for another thread!

Sorry peeps....movin my show right along here.

Bike is back together now. It came out pretty damn good. I knoteced a little different shade of color but its such a small difference that it probably is just me because I am looking for it. Someone who didnt know any better would most likely not even knotece. Its cloudy as a mofo and the sun is hidden. Im still waitin' for the sun to pop out so I can really see if there is a difference in color cuz anyone that knows about metalic/pearl will tell ya that in the sun its true colors come out. Oh yeah.. The pic of the hump is just so you can see the color difference if you can see it at all! And if you think the stance of the bike looks funny, then you are right! The rear is slammed 3" (dog bones) and the front is stock height. After 16 days, I am still waiting on machine head on this board to send me my front lowering STRAP I bought!!

Heres a few pics under the fuggn clouds today..  
biggrin.gif

Back