Painting it yourself

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
For beginners painting automotive and motorcycles (plastic) I would recommend using a product sold at Nappa automotive stores called Martin Seynor paint. Some Nappa automotive stores offer paint matching for free using a handheld color matching device they can hold up against the part you want color matched, making you a quart or gallon.
Martin Seynor online tutorial is very user friendly. Their online guidline will instruct what paint products to use for prepareing and painting the part (plastic or metal). Along wtih different recommend air pressure ( at the compressor and gun) for use with various types of paint gun using their different paint products.

Here are a couple photos of my first paint project when I painted my inners including my first speaker mod I fabricated into the inners.

post-6-73548-dsc01569.jpg

post-6-73670-dsc01568.jpg

post-6-73900-dsc01567.jpg

Photos of my inners being baked (cureing) in my jerry rigged ovenhead bake oven,speeding up the cure process.

post-6-74097-dsc01572.jpg

And another photo of my custom enlarged undertail with a dropped floor that I colored matched using Martin Seynor paint.

Modifiedundertail1.jpg

Modifiedundertail4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
rhythm you have become the worst nightmare of
motorcycle shops, paint shops, repair shops,polishing shops, etc...
you are the king of do it yourself, and make it look good, there is no telling how much cabbage you have saved, and how much these shops have lost because of your considerable skills.......my understanding is they might have a contract out on you...
you have talent that you havent even touched yet...
beerchug.gif

(thepushercg @ Jan. 15 2007,07:49) rhythm you have become the worst nightmare of
motorcycle shops, paint shops, repair shops,polishing shops, etc...
you are the king of do it yourself, and make it look good, there is no telling how much cabbage you have saved, and how much these shops have lost because of your considerable skills.......my understanding is they might have a contract out on you...
you have talent that you havent even touched yet...
beerchug.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Just sharing the luv, brotha man.
Everyone knows my favorite saying....................................................................................

.....................................................................................

<marquee><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>I got mo time than money !!!!</span></marquee>

Seriously, I just enjoy tinkering around the garage or in my underground lab fabbing up different shid in my spare time. I "somtimes actually spend more money fabbing a new project than what it would have cost me to purchase it, but the extra tools I have to buy to start or complete it is worth every penny  
wink.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(extreemachine @ Jan. 15 2007,08:49) Looks great! Thanks for sharing!!
Question why are you carrying so much oil with you??
laugh.gif
Its just a demo photo showing the capacity of trunk area and how much shid I can pack in there.

So do you need a special paint gun or will a small airbrush work for something like this? (I'm thinking about painting mine)

Nanwags

(Nanwags @ Jan. 15 2007,10:29) So do you need a special paint gun or will a small airbrush work for something like this?  (I'm thinking about painting mine)

Nanwags
Since I'm a week end warrior I just purchase a cheap HVLP gun kit at Sam's Club for $40.

SG does his own work, I believe.
rock.gif

I just hope my innards will come out that nice when completed. BrendanP is going to offer me some advice on how-to.

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 15 2007,12:13) SG does his own work, I believe.
rock.gif

I just hope my innards will come out that nice when completed.  BrendanP is going to offer me some advice on how-to.
If SG painted his own bike, than I would say he's got some mad skilz in the paint dept
bowdown.gif

Good luck on painting your inners and hope everything works out for ya.
super.gif

Back