*Blue factory color paint for 00' - 01' Busa*

The official 2000/2001 Hayabusa Blue factory paint color name & code match:

<span style='color:blue'>1996 Crysler Ultra marine blue - effect
CODE: B9697KM
</span>

Lookin' good quazy. It's hard to tell much difference in the pics. Heck, the differences I see could very well be due to light reflection differences or the difference in the reflectivity in the clear you sprayed vs. the factory clear. You're also right in that most people would prolly never see it. Only true painters notice most mismatches. I've seen cars that were so obviously mismatched that it looked like they used a totally different color but the owner obviously ok'd the job and accepted/payed for it.

Once you've done some paintin', especially repair work and/or paint matchin' your eye starts to really see the colors. Even a few drops of a tint base can visually change the appearance of a color for ya. I worked in a paint store for several years mixin' and matchin' paint for body shops and have painted since I was 17-18 years old. The first thing I look at on a ride is the paint. Even the slightest mismatch stands out to me now. I have seen times when the blend on a repair might as well have been orange flames to my eyes and couldn't get a non-painter to even see it with me pointin' it out. Dust/trash & runs stand out to me like mountain peaks, too. Sometimes it's like a curse. It's hard to get it right by my standards. It's hell bein' that anal.
wink.gif

Oh yeah, please send me the old camaro in the background in those pics. I promise to love it and feed it and hug it and squeeze it...
laugh.gif

Okay sorry for all the pix and bringin' this topic up again, but sun came out today and if you look close you can definitely see the difference in color. Heres a few shots in different lighting. The paint I used has a purple tint to it. I can live with it like this, but for the record, there is definitely a difference in color.
wow.gif

Yeah, it's more obvious in the latest pics but that's what I was seein' in the original ones. Couldn't tell in those whether it was an actual color difference or a difference in the clear though. Thanks for the update...
beerchug.gif

Back