Paint Booth

1styearbusa

Registered
My younger brother is an automotive painter by trade ...
We built a small/medium sized parts painting booth in the corner of my shop specifically for painting "our" (friends included) motorcycle parts ... whatcha think ?

booth.jpg

This nifty $10 Walmart dual display thermometer shows the temp. on the wall by the woodstove on the left , and the temp. in the booth on the right .:laugh:

hope the code inspector doesnt come out, youll be pretty deep in it. no proper ventilation with explosion proof fans, no sealed lighting. but this is from someone who paints in a garage lol. looks pretty good.

0108112346.jpg

Here in the fog of clear coat is my brother , spraying some FJR parts Hot Hues Candy Hot Raspberry over gold . The once chrome emblems are now bathed in 4 coats of candy and a few coats of clear *this pic is after only one coat of clear* it's smooth as glass and back on the bike at this point .:bowdown:
1229102303.jpg

This is the "Hot Hues" demo car for the "Candy Molten Orange over Cosmic Silver" we are doing on my 'Busa .
MoltenOrangeCandyoverPsychoSilverSa.jpg

Just thought I'd post an update , it's been a while , lol .

Last edited:
I paint in a 9x9 tent.. Get a small vetalation fan from harbor freight.. You will love it.. I tried the box fan and trust me the small vetalation fan (yellow) pulls the over spray out big time

We run 2 "disposable" box fans from Walmart .
We keep them on low for everything but clear-coat .
They are more than enough they clear the room (8'6"x8'6" w/4'x5' entryway) in about 20 seconds , he had just let off the trigger when I snapped that pic .
We intentionally flow as little as possible to not stir up dust .
We have 4 20x20 intake filters that are paint specific , not from a furnace store . There has been alot of experimenting to achieve the results we are currently very happy with .
*none the less I will look that fan up* food for thought :)

Back