Paint Job

det45

Registered
I've decided to paint my 2009 hayabusa during the winter down time and was wondering how hard would it be to remove all of the painted surfaces (fairings etc)to include the gas tank. I don't want to send the whole bike to the paint shop because of over spray etc. Also should I strip off all of the parts from the fuel tank. Lastly is there anyone out there who could recommend a paint scheme or painter for my bike? :thumbsup:

its not bad. label all sections of parts in plastic bags. hardest part to get off is the left fairing imho. if you take the side fairings apart be careful not to break the tabs that hold them together.

+1 for being careful dude...if you haven't had your panels off yet, take your time man! I got VERY frustrated my first round and probably spent an hour to and hour and a half just pulling off the sides. I put a little o-ring lube on the rubber grommets after removal to make the next time easier. The last time I took them off my time was probably around a half-hour.

As for a theme...how bout Ironman! :laugh:

Ok I've decided to go to the dark side and paint my busa black. Is there anyone out there who have a set of OEM black wheels for a gen 2 busa? :thumbsup:

CZY_big.jpg

I painted my black rim's a darker shade of grey on my '08 grey/black i would have considered trading for silver one's a couple month's ago. Ohwel..... Just have them powder coated

I am in a simialar situation I bought chrome rims to go with my silver 09 but now I want to paint the bike black so will need a set of black rims anyone wanna trade

Back