Crappy paint jobs on the Gen2's?

jphilipson

Registered
I noticed a few chips on the front of my 2k8, just from road debris etc. Seems that paint just peels off the thing pretty easy. I also saw another member that took off a chunk of paint removing his stickers. My XX with close to 100k on it has less dings on the front than my Busa with only 15k on it. Anyone else notice this?

the tires on the busa are so sticky they pick up more debris and chuck it at the undercarriage

My 08 doesn't seem to have that problem. Maybe because it's gray and only has 13,000 miles on it. :poke: ???

Sorry to hear about that.

My 08 doesn't seem to have that problem. Maybe because it's gray and only has 13,000 miles on it. :poke: ???

Sorry to hear about that.

It's not really bad, just a few dings that took out tiny chips.. Nothing that can't be touched up with some colorite. It just seems like dings that might normally just mark up the paint, knock it right off on this bike. And the guy with the bike that pulled off a chunk of paint when removing the stickers had the gray one I believe.

The front of my lower fairing has taken a beating. It's all rock chipped & pitted up. I think a lot of it is from our aggressive Sunday ride group I partake in. Guess I should start taking point :laugh:

Suzuki has never been to famous on there paint or there cheap clear coat, I have owned 4 new Suzuki's in the last 5 years and it seems with each one the paint gets worse, it cant hold up to much. Take the good with the bad, my old M109R would scratch if you looked at it wrong.

Suzuki cant do everything perfect:laugh:

i have 5500 miles on my 08' and i haven't noticed any chips as of yet. my 01' with 30000 had maybe 2 or 3 chips in the nose and that was ridden in some harsh conditions.

have a k9 ,had a large patch of paint flake off,went to dealership and showed them.service manager looked at it took pics and ordered me a new nose piece in 5 min.had it replaced under warrenty

I've had a lot of issues with my 08 orange and black. I had a kawasaki zzr600 that had 20k on it and look great by comparison to the paint on my hayabusa, this bike has mostly been a garage queen and looks like **** by comparison. i'm not all that thrilled with suzuki's paint quality, this is my first and will most likely be my last suzuki. it's a great bike, but i'm just not sold on buying another with the issues i've had.

Try and look at it this way: A few chips and dings add character :thumbsup:

While it isn't the most durable, I would have to say that I have been at a loss to find any imperfections in the finish from production. I can't say the same for most, if not all of the other bikes I have ever owned.

I've had a lot of issues with my 08 orange and black. I had a kawasaki zzr600 that had 20k on it and look great by comparison to the paint on my hayabusa, this bike has mostly been a garage queen and looks like **** by comparison. i'm not all that thrilled with suzuki's paint quality, this is my first and will most likely be my last suzuki. it's a great bike, but i'm just not sold on buying another with the issues i've had.

thats real sad to hear. what other issues have you had? i agree, the paint suzuki uses is too soft. but there are alternatives other than choosing a different brand of bike!:whistle:

My 08 still looks great, no problems. I guess it depends on exactly when it was painted/assembled. If there is even a small problem on the paintline line that day/shift/ect., all those bikes will suffer in the long run, even if they look ok and pass quality inspection. Sorry yours isn't so good.

Chips on any bike or car are a result of following too closely...keep the bike/car in front of you by 1000 feet no problems. :beerchug:

Chips on any bike or car are a result of following too closely...keep the bike/car in front of you by 1000 feet no problems. :beerchug:

i agree with your statement but also depends were you live. i live in a rural area with lots of oilfield traffic so there is a lot of road debris(dried mud,sand) that gets thrown around by oncoming traffic.i drive strictly highway and have 4 rock chips in my cars windshield.

Back