Why Is My Paint Peeling?

Sp33D

Registered
Last ride was in in start of december of 2011... and i put my bike to sleep..

now , weather is starting to get warm, i take my time to clean, and lubricate my bike.. and while i was cleaning with water paint just peeled off ???

here are pictures.. this is on right side of the bike.. rear end when i saw how ugly it was i used my girlfriend old nail polish black color just to cover the frame color..

i didnt saw any cracks, just some bubbles and when i gently touch it paint peeled off :(

what to do ?? what did happend ?

check it :

Photo0028.jpg

Photo0029.jpg

Looks like maybe your break fluid is leaking? Think its mounted right above that...under the rear tail.

that was my thinking at first i check it .. and nothing.. i did now about 10 miles and brake and brake.. and i used tissue to check it.. and NOthing :/

and in further inspection i found this:

i check even caliper and all around everything.. and everything is just Dry ...dry dry dry...???

wtf guys..

Photo0033.jpg

Might not be an actual leak. Did someone replace your fluid or pads or something and bleed them? Its def. from brake fluid. Probably was never cleaned up after a spill....:banghead:

electrolysis and corrosion just a thought, I know my snowmobile trailer does this with painted aluminum surfaces. Never had it on the busa.

mystery.. solved :banghead: when mechanic changed my rear tyre.. He was using gloves.. but i assume gloves was full of brake fluid oil , since the shop works on cars and bikes,... And i assume braking point of paint is just where he touched the frame , trying to center or remove the wheel.. Since there is no brake fluid from bike and i didnt ride on cold weather / salt . i assume it was that..

Yes sh*t happens... well here is example when mechanic dont care.. i hope no one else will get the same problem as i ...

on next oild change , frame will be repainted i mean rear end...nothing else i can do..

Damn it another story of someone screwing up an owners pride and joy:banghead:
Just hate carelessness by others when they work on someone elses bike.

Are they going to make good on it because things happen but i hope for the sake of the mechanic he tosses those gloves.Must have been a young guy,has alot too learn about the reactions of certain chemicals.

Back