Paid for? Still paying for?

How is/was your bike paid for?

• Up front. All at once. (Saved up/Had the money around.)

Votes: 234 56.4%
  • Bank loan/Suzuki loan all paid off.

Votes: 56 13.5%
  • Bank loan/Suzuki loan still paying. (How much a month? How long is the loan?)

Votes: 101 24.3%
  • Still saving up for the whole thing/down payment.

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Other (Please explain.)

Votes: 18 4.3%

• Total voters
I am poor, I will admit. The only way I got my Busa is because my grandmother passed away and left all the grandkids an inheritance.
I was going to put a good portion down and finance but the credit union dragged their feet on the paperwork. Paid cash outright. Litteraly.
I had an 04 GSXR 600 already but after I got my 09 Busa, sold the Gixxer for a 7'x14" enclosed trailer. $100 off an even trade for that!
Otherwise, I might still be one of those dreamers saying "one day....."

Buddy had an old Thunderace (Pretty much a 97 R1) so I wanted to keep up with him and be able to corner faster, bought a new Triumph Speed Triple.

Few months later buddy bought a Hayabusa, I was not pleased because I need to be as fast or faster. Sold Triumph, paid off its loan, told myself I'll save up this time...

Browsed forums, said "Screw it" got a loan, bought Hayabusa... It will be paid off in another year or two.

Depending on how fast the Supra runs, I might just keep the Hayabusa with a few minor mods, but if that bastard dips into the 9s I'm going to have to turbo the Busa before I finish my Mustang.

I have issues... I love a bike I can flick through the corners, it's way more fun than anything straight line; but I've kinda got this issue where I need to be faster in a straight line anyway.

I am poor, I will admit. The only way I got my Busa is because my grandmother passed away and left all the grandkids an inheritance.
I was going to put a good portion down and finance but the credit union dragged their feet on the paperwork. Paid cash outright. Litteraly.
I had an 04 GSXR 600 already but after I got my 09 Busa, sold the Gixxer for a 7'x14" enclosed trailer. $100 off an even trade for that!
Otherwise, I might still be one of those dreamers saying "one day....."
nothing wrong with that...you still would have hade it:beerchug:

Bought my 1999 Custom busa for a lot less than I sold my previous ride.

These days, there are some really cheap Busa's out there and I certainly would not throw down the cash for a new one until it got a very serious update from Sazook. Kawy has it all over the busa with the 1440 except it is so fugly....

BB

I had a KTM 950SM and then bought a KTM 990 Adventure so I had both but needed to sell the 950 to free up some cash for 'other' purposes.
I had $10K lying around (literally lol) and I saw this red and black 99 Busa for sale on Trademe.co.nz.
Hmmmmm . . . always wanted one so made inquiries, unfortunately l it was in the North Island hundreds of miles ans a boat trip away, but got hi-res photos and a lot of info from the seller all by email.
Checked out all the legal stuff, NOT stolen, checked the sellers physical address, rang his employer to verify his ID, all ok ( prison officer)
Looked legit so pulled the trigger, transfered the cash to his account and a very long and nervous wait of 7 weeks later, the bike arrived in a bike transport company's van to my gate. It was in better condition than I had imagined, so was happy as.
They charged $490 so total cost was $7390.
I've had it 4 years and no mechanical issues or breakdowns.
Spent about $3K on exhaust and fairings etc but all worth it.

It’s a toy for me, not transportation. I don’t finance my toys, so cash purchase. Not hard though buying my 2009 last week used for $6,250. Sold my Ninja the next day for $6,500, so break even by the time I transferred title.

Back