Full Coverage or not..

Full Coverage or not.. - how cocky are you?

• I ain't that brave, it's fully insured.

Votes: 166 100.0%
  • Ain't nuttin gonna happen that I can repair.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • would like to fully insure it, just can't afford too.

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reason I carry insurance on mine is for the medical portion of it. Health insurance from an employer is a fighting battle at every corner. I have found that with insurance claims with State Farm, I just report the incident, and they take if from there. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I've been insured with them since 1984 through many cars, a couple of bikes and my house. Full Busa coverage with a ton of medical insurance is $380.00, double that and it's $760.00 per year. I think it's worth it.
Kevin , you better check on that, state farm does NOT cover the driver on a bike . I've got full coverage with them also. In fact its hard to find insurance that covers you and the bike. If yours does let me know your agents name .

The main reason I carry insurance on mine is for the medical portion of it. Health insurance from an employer is a fighting battle at every corner. I have found that with insurance claims with State Farm, I just report the incident, and they take if from there. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I've been insured with them since 1984 through many cars, a couple of bikes and my house. Full Busa coverage with a ton of medical insurance is $380.00, double that and it's $760.00 per year. I think it's worth it.
Kevin , you better check on that, state farm does NOT cover the driver on a bike . I've got full coverage with them also. In fact its hard to find insurance that covers you and the bike. If yours does let me know your agents name .

whoa .... I got a message that something wasn't working and now it posted a whole bunch

Best insurance against theft in the East is called LO-Jack.
That is what is on my bike,if it goes a missing the transponder starts going, Beep, Beep, Beep and we get to track them down like the dogs they are.

being under 25 and having a busa w/ full coverage sucks ass for insurance.. maybe next year when i turn 25 ill b able 2 afford full coverage, till then, its liability with theft/fire/comp plus $3000 in extras.

Insurance in India, works like a fugging donkey... but i still prefer to buy comprehensive insurance!!

I have comprehensive for fire, theft and vandalism only. Company is progressive and price is under $250 per year. I was quoted aprox $1500.00 per year for full coverage. I have ridden my busa for allmost 4 years without a claim. Had I fully insured her I would have spent approx $6K by now on a bike that has a market value of about $7000.00
I agree. I've got comprehensive but not collision. I'm 58 and they wanted 1100 just for the collision. That adds up pretty quick as the bike depreciates. Besides, if I really tear it up, my wife will say "Oh, alright, stop whining and buy another one!"

The day I rolled out of the " stealership" it was fully cover'd...since then I went to .. Liability, (Un-insurered motorist) <- a Cali must.. and Theft.. its still not cheap ...been ridin for 34 yrs .. no tickets since 81 .. im over 25 ... with kids ...wtf. sad.gif

I'm very surprised at some of your answers boys.

I'll explain :  Now if you are financing your bike or it's a full custom worth $20K or more then this doesnt apply but most of our busa's have a value of $10K or under and to insure an item where you pay aprox 1/10 or more of the cost of a newbike,  per year, is outrageous! It's like paying $3500 per year for most of your suv's out there.  I have comprehensive for fire, theft and vandalism only. Company is progressive and price is under $250 per year. I was quoted aprox $1500.00 per year for full coverage. I have ridden my busa for allmost 4 years without a claim. Had I fully insured her I would have spent approx $6K by now on a bike that has a market value of about $7000.00  Insurance is a funny thing you have to know when you should turn to self insure. With insurance you are essentialy betting your going to have a claim and the insurance co. is betting you arent and if you do your rates will probly go up on top of that. If you were to take the extra $1000+ per year and invest it you would maybe have enough to buy a new bike in a few years.

With my busa I felt "smart money" was to self insure and the only way to go, I also knew that it is a popular bike to steal so i went with theft coverage and they thru in fire protection. I also felt if I was unlucky to be hit by someone else most other insurances would cover my bike and if I was stupid enough to crash from my own stupidity ( which happened back in Sept ... sad.gif  ) then I would have to eat it.

So from a strictly $ vs. averages viewpoint most any vehicle worth under  $10K is not worth having comprhensive / collision / full coverage.

... my 2 cents and then some. biggrin.gif

ps. I am talking busa coverage only, I have a ton of "other" ins. Health $440 per month, life $1mil, home owners, auto, biz, umbrella ... it goes on and on ... I feel ins. poor  sad.gif
Wow that still way too much. Farmers insurance I pay $68.00 a month for full with med. on it. Progressive has no love for our bikes.

sad.gif

If you're using Progressive, it's no wonder you're getting hosed on insurance. Go with State Farm.

--Wag--

Full coverage a year $428!!!!!! Let em steal it ill get a new one!!!!!! jump9.gif

Full coverage for both my bike and my car = $170/month. State Farm is quite rockful.

And I've got full coverage for both the bike and the medical (I actually have some supplemental medical included in my $170)

I could not even get full coverage down here. And I'm 47 with a perfect driving record and all the motorcycle courses offered. So I just have Liability. This is the law suite capitol of the entire US. Really, more law suites filed here per capita than any where else in the Country.

David

I could not even get full coverage down here. And I'm 47 with a perfect driving record and all the motorcycle courses offered. So I just have Liability. This is the law suite capitol of the entire US. Really, more law suites filed here per capita than any where else in the Country.

David
that is absolute total bullsh#t! they can't issue policies by driving history? f-ing politicians! can't stand them, never have and never will. sorry to hear bro. you would think at your age there would be some flexibility as opposed to a 20 year old. AAAssjani.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back