• I can't, Ill be on Homeland Securities "List"

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Only bad people need guns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, other reasons..............

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Member once, got tired of seeing so much money go towards solicitation and see so little done to not just perserve gun rights, but advance rights and the definition of ownership from where the second amendment has been 'whittled down' to. Kind of like one step forward, two steps back.

Gun registration is BS, just as registering for CC. Although I do think the preliminary training course for CC is somewhat of a move in the right direction, registration just appears to be another way of creating ownership records for eventual collection. Way too much 'Big Brother'.

The list put together by Da Colonel with the resulting stigma attached to it by the 'offical government agency on terroristic threats' kind of sums it up. Although one aspect of gun ownership was supposed to be an effective way of 'taming an oppressive government', I believe (are you listening a$$ hole?) we are way past organizing governmental over throw. There are way too many diverse issues to subject to a primary movement of any organized push to change the direction of leadership. These issues could hardly be trusted to one individual, let alone a single organization.

Another scenario is total colapse of the 'system', so to speak, and at that point, I would prefer to be armed. There is something about demanding 'justice to be served' against those who violate the righteousness and liberty that comes from knowing God that motivates me towards armament, although the option of heaven is definitely more appealing.

This also reminds me of a clip from the Men in Black movie with Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. An alien ship crashes into the yard of a rural country home. The owner (looking sleezy, like any typical gun owner should :laugh:) comes out of the house with a shot gun and walks over to the crater created by the crash. From the bottom of the pit comes a voice that says something like, "Put down your weapon." The owner replies, "You'll get my weapon when you pry it from my cold dead fingers." to which the alien responds, "Your terms are acceptable!" and immediate sucks him into the crater. Not too far from where we are, me thinks.

So, what was the qestion..........?:poke:

What has FOX News and Rush (which I don't listen too) have to do with this ??? That's how the Memo classified potential Terrorist, and THAT'S why our Home Land Security Czar made an explanation of the Memo (notice NOT an apology) ! It was as she said, an Internal Memo which was NOT for publication. I'am not saying it's a big deal, because I really don't care, but what they classified as terrorist included me because of the above. Like it or not, that's the way people like me are seen ! Interesting !!!
The poky thingy means poking fun at you it was a joke but really those media outlets like to keep their target audience tuned in and gather support with fear tactics :laugh:

Endowment life here. Signed up for regular life ~'64, when they had a 5 year plan. Had some USAF officers sponsor me-back then it was required. Paid ~$20, had to come up with $80 more after 5 years. Had to scrape it back then but I made it.

Years later was offered a good discount to upgrade to Endowment, so I did. Best money I ever spent. Guess what Janet, I've been reloading since you were a teenager. Sooo glad you've left Arizona. Don't come back.

Last edited:
isn't that profiling? :laugh:

What has FOX News and Rush (which I don't listen too) have to do with this ??? That's how the Memo classified potential Terrorist, and THAT'S why our Home Land Security Czar made an explanation of the Memo (notice NOT an apology) ! It was as she said, an Internal Memo which was NOT for publication. I'am not saying it's a big deal, because I really don't care, but what they classified as terrorist included me because of the above. Like it or not, that's the way people like me are seen ! Interesting !!!

I've got a gun... but have only been shooting for a few months... don't know much about the NRA... :dunno:

Jules,
A woman with a gun has more fun
Tke a conceled wepon course, buy some ammo [if you can find it], practice-pratice practice.
My daghter is a very good shot 3/8 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards with a rifle perty good with pistol too, Can out shoot Joseph every time
My 2 cents

Robot, you seriously sound like Homeland Security. First a poll on how much ammo people have, now a post about how many are NRA members??? ??? ??? Why don't you go ahead and just ask everyone if they are right wing extremist? We'll tell you if you just ask. :whistle:

Robot, you seriously sound like Homeland Security. First a poll on how much ammo people have, now a post about how many are NRA members??? ??? ??? Why don't you go ahead and just ask everyone if they are right wing extremist? We'll tell you if you just ask. :whistle:

I'm about the farthest thing from Homeland Security there is :laugh:

Things I thought were common, don't seem to be so common anymore

I'm trying not to be too political, yet see how many like minded individuals there are, without cramming my opinion down anyones throat.

Glad to see others paranoid like me :poke::whistle: Ill see your name is put on the "list":laugh:

It's all good, I don't have an agenda. Ask as many questions as you like :poke: :laugh:

Last edited:
my grandfather bought my lifetime membership.....he taught me to shoot when i was young...i remember how much i hated the magazines, and wished i could get subscription to soldier of fortune, or something cool like that....

as i got older i realized how important the NRA is, and how much they do to protect my right to "bear arms"

it amazes me that the anti gun crowd is so pro- 1st ammendment, yet they are so anti 2nd ammendment...you cannot pick and choose the parts of the constitution you like and support.

I'm not a member, but do support their beliefs, so don't take this wrong...their math doesn't make sense on the payment plans.
2 years for $25
3 years for $50
5 years for $100
granted each option gives a free year and if you break it down by the month, it isn't bad at all, but still, where's the bulk discount.???

Back