WRECKED

WRECKED - who has wrecked or laid their bike down?

• NEVER

Votes: 158 98.8%
  • ONCE or more

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crashed on a street bike 2x.
18 yrs old, 450 nighthawk - watchen the hotties not my bud's cage in front of me.  Rear ended the cage, dented the tank with my nads.  My bud said I flew through the air in a fetal position, rolled around the trunk in the fetal position, fell onto the street in the aforementioned fetal position.  Rode the bike home several hours later (after my voice came down 3 octaves!)

Second time same bike, raining out, merged onto a divided highway & some gal wanted to be in my lane more than I did.
She tapped my bike & I got to slide down the avenue.  Wearing leather so only minor scrapes, but it blew the sneaker right off my foot!

Too many dirtbike wrecks to list!

My first and second of  2 was the 5th bike I've owned. A 1984 Kawasaki Gpz750E1 Turbo. 2 weeks after buying it, had a lady in 1972 Pontiac LeMans pull out of a blind side street on a corner about 40 feet in front of me and come to a dead stop when she saw me.  Grabbed the brakes a little too hard, let go, highsiding me into the ground and the quarter panel of her car at about 35.  No helmet (yeah, I know, but I was young and stupid then-20yrs ago) no leather, no gloves.  The proverbial shorts and t-shirt!  Left a 6 inch deep dent in the quarter panel of her car with my bare head!  All I received was little road rash, an insurance claim and a BIG lesson learned.
Second time was late at night taking a sharp right hand turn onto freeway onramp hitting a large rock in the middle of the turn and laid it down at about 20mph, my self none the worse for wear after lesson learned above. No more incidents of that nature for the last 19 years of riding.

...I like dropping bikes at a slow rolling pace in the gravel...Harley was down once in my driveway when I stalled it (15 minutes after unloading it from the truck!)...crashed the Harley in a ditch after crossing over some very big logs in my way en route to the ditch; I flew over the handlebars just like in the movies and landed at the base of a small tree.  Busted my wrist, cut my eye, chipped an already capped tooth (envisioning some back woods country gal now aren't you?!  You sure do have a perty mouth!)

Busa's already been dropped 3 times!  Yep...3...in the gravel and twice in the dirt (Busa hates my driveway)...I think my neighbors have heard my cursing a few times now... :D

Knocking on wood (my head) right now...no big crashes...

My first and second of  2 was the 5th bike I've owned. A 1984 Kawasaki Gpz750E1 Turbo. 2 weeks after buying it, had a lady in 1972 Pontiac LeMans pull out of a blind side street on a corner about 40 feet in front of me and come to a dead stop when she saw me.  Grabbed the brakes a little too hard, let go, highsiding me into the ground and the quarter panel of her car at about 35.  No helmet (yeah, I know, but I was young and stupid then-20yrs ago) no leather, no gloves.  The proverbial shorts and t-shirt!  Left a 6 inch deep dent in the quarter panel of her car with my bare head!  All I received was little road rash, an insurance claim and a BIG lesson learned.
Second time was late at night taking a sharp right hand turn onto freeway onramp hitting a large rock in the middle of the turn and laid it down at about 20mph, my self none the worse for wear after lesson learned above. No more incidents of that nature for the last 19 years of riding.
OUCH! That first one was a painful lesson! Glad you're still here to tell us the story... :eek:

I wason the back of a motorcycle coming down big bear mojntain in Cal and the guy driving lost it, slid and came to a stop 10 feet from the edge for a 100 ft drop. My next accident I was driving and hit a school bus ar about 75mph, the bus pulled out in front of me and by the time I noticed it was too late. was wearing helmet and jeans, 1 week in the hospital. Next accident was coming down from Yosemite cutting up the twisties, under estimated a turn and was allready dragging my knee on the ground, was leaning so far over my bike had no tire left and just slid.. ripped off the right side of my engine on the assphalt.. something told me to pull the bke out of the way, as soon as I did I car came ripping up behind me.. if I hadnt moved the bike, the car would have hit it and probably caused the car to wreck.

Those are the only motorcycle accidents I can remember, I have been in so many accidetns I forget some, confuse others....

This is probably the reason I am so cautious when I ride now....tired of tubes in my body, having broken ribs and having asphalt scraped out of my skin..

never on the street, bunch on the dirt, NEVER been injured cool.gif
"RIDE LIKE YOU'RE INVISIBLE!!!" and ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!
Knock on wood!!!!!

yea, you can't count dirtbikes, if you havent wrecked on one, you haven't ridden one..
I learned early on the importance of scrubbing speed off BEFORE entering a corner. 27 yrs ago on my ol' trusty CB750, went into a right hander too hot, pulled on too much front brake, went down @ about 60. Had the big round crashbar on front, so damage was minimal. A little roadrash on me tho.

I, like cache, dropped my ride cause I didn't put down the kickstand. Right in front of school and a bunch of people....that was ugly.

Fell down numerous times parkinglot racing. either on a YSR50, or my seca 550. Never hurt much more than levers, thank god.

Dayum, wish I still had one of those little Yamaha pocket bikes! tounge.gif

Dropped my Yamaha 650 twin back in '79 trying to get home in the snow.

Thats about all I can remember!

I learned something off road riding (bikes/quads)... I learned its better not to wreck so I have had pretty good luck on the street. tounge.gif

Dirt bikes --lot's, snapped Humorus right upper arm---major pain. On the street--thanks only low speed low sides at 35 or less. Busa so far so good--but alas close a few times--low speed...whew! wink.gif Started riding in 1966

50 MPH into the side of a car driven by a "little old lady" running a stop sign in my home town. Road rash on both arms and legs, some on my back. sad.gif sad.gif

sad.gif

dropped it twice in the first ten minuts of ownership in the parking lot of the dealership once on each side (minor scratches) but no problems since.

dropped left side... forgot to put down the kickstand.

dropped right side... putting on rear stand too fast, and momentum kept it moving over to the right.

dropped off trailer... backing down onto the ramp, went to get off the bike to walk it down, oops! nothing for my foot to step on!!  lucky it didn't fall over on top of me!  :0

only plastic broken so far. would hate to break a case..
Why is he back!!!!!!rock.gif??

So this is what happens when you hit a patch of Ice doing about 70 mph.

DCP02814.jpg

DCP02810.jpg

DCP02812.jpg

DCP02815.jpg

<!--EDIT|neeley
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141870694 -->

dropped left side... forgot to put down the kickstand.

dropped right side... putting on rear stand too fast, and momentum kept it moving over to the right.

dropped off trailer... backing down onto the ramp, went to get off the bike to walk it down, oops! nothing for my foot to step on!!  lucky it didn't fall over on top of me!  :0

only plastic broken so far. would hate to break a case..
Why is he back!!!!!!rock.gif??
He posted back in 2003 rock.gif

<!--EDIT|zxmurphy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142059921 -->

rock.gif

RGV 500. Probably enough said. biggrin.gif both legs (at the thigh), left arm, two ribs and fractured skull. 2 Stroke highside, of course, meets inert object, namely large security fence. Shortly thereafter, large two strokes banned here with good reason, I would suggest. Of course, I was being a smartar*e. Lesson learnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back