Votes: 2 22.2%

Votes: 2 22.2%

Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 3 33.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Regardless of mileage, I adjust if chain slack is no longer within spec as listed in the service manual.

P.S. Would like to add that I clean/lube the chain every 500 miles(I use Tripmeter B to track mileage). Manual say clean/lube every 600 miles. Acceptable range for chain slack is 0.8 to 1.2 inches. (p. 46, section OB-16)

I do it when it's needed but check it all the time. Chains stretch and break in and then settle in so it's diff to have a set mileage to adj it at.

stock chain needs adjustment ALOT !! get a real chain zzz and you can wait alot longer

I check mine every pledging :whistle:

The night before I go for a long ride I do the vitals
Adjust chain when needed.
Lube/clean chain every 500+ miles

Be sure to check the chain for slack while there is weight on the bike. I installed a new ZZZ chain and after about 500 miles it is still good to go. I check it every day though to ensure there is not too much slack.

I check it before I ride. I just noticed I have gone almost 4,000 miles without needing to adjust it. Seems odd the original chain, I had adjust more often.

I have over 1500 on my ZZZ and have not had to adjust it? ??? However, I have had the wheel off so I guess that counts as passively adjusting the chain...

Wow, my 6K is way out there. I usually adjust mine when I change the rear tire. Of course as the chain gets the miles on it , it will begin to really stretch and the adjustments will become more frequent. 21 K on the original right now.

the zzz 's are prestretched from what I hear . and they also have a strength rating of about twice the stocker

I have a little over 250 miles on my bike and the chain needs adjusted already.
2" of slack instead of the max 1.2" ...its kind of buggin me out too, but I have a question out there about the new style axle nut?

Back