Outside drive 330

davidl9953

Registered
anybody have any comments about it... if a fat tire kit isn't your preference please leave the negative comments to yourself...... just trying to see if anybody has purchased it or seen it in action ???

anybody have any comments about it... if a fat tire kit isn't your preference please leave the negative comments to yourself...... just trying to see if anybody has purchased it or seen it in action ???

I have not seen it in person YET. Have not ordered it YET.
+ will free up HP from having a jackshaft set up.
+ only one chain to keep maintance on.
+ said to give bike a better ballance feel.
+ can take more power and abuse than the jackshaft bearings.
+ the OSD cover is a output shaft support bracket as well. + for drag racers.
- long chain keep after to avoid chain slap
- set the left rearset out 3 inches
- I would have to rework my mounting for the airshifter.

If your riding on the street the jackshaft should be ok, but if you running it even at the drag track with hard hooking launches...go OSD. The OSD kits cost only think $400 more over jackshaft set ups.

Just my 2 cent. Pic with out the cover bolted on.

2f51_12.jpg

KOSMAN is the one making the OSD front sections for RoaringToyz and Trac Dynamics. Then they are each making arms for it fitting the 330, roaring is useing arms made by MyrtleWest.
one more + to OSD....you dont have to have as much stretch in the arm. The room for the jackshaft is what makes the arms long. The OSD kits can be as short as 4 inch stretch.

all I know is they kick your left foot out 3-4".....me no likey:poke:

but Fat tires...ME LIKEY!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

go Jackshaft for $$-saving, or OSD for Drag racing/shorter arm to make turning the bike over easier...although turning the bike over to the left you wont be leaning as far w/OSD...unless ya like scrapin pegs

i have one...OMG...it's scary posting this here...i feel as if someone will jump out of the toilet bowl & try to bite me!!!

i have one...OMG...it's scary posting this here...i feel as if someone will jump out of the toilet bowl & try to bite me!!!

Honestly...do you mind the left rearset being outward more. I have adjustable rearsets and would just raise them more ( no more jackshaft to limit the up and back of them).

hey bigrod, would you happen to have more pics ? seems like you always have great pics when needed !! i just looked at that kosman website... so would it be better to just peice it all together ? buy the drive from them, arm from another company...etc... roaring toyz told me 3,200 for arm and drive kit...

hey bigrod, would you happen to have more pics ? seems like you always have great pics when needed !! i just looked at that kosman website... so would it be better to just peice it all together ? buy the drive from them, arm from another company...etc... roaring toyz told me 3,200 for arm and drive kit...

RoaringToyz gave me a price of $2800 for OSD and arm...They know me from other boards and KNOW I put a beating to it. Using me as example for the OSD over the Jackshaft at the trac. I also offered to re dyno the MULLET after the change to find what I realy did free up loosing the Jakcshaft. But would NOT split ther kit up from OSD and arms.

Trac Dynamics has a kit too, with their standard looking arm end blocks.:whistle: Trac was willing to split the kit and sell me just the OSD for $1100.

Kosmans site does NOT show the OSD kit, but does show his orig output shaft support bracket for the drag racer BUSA. Talked with him and he gave me a price or $850 for just the OSD section setup.:whistle: Since he is the one making the OSD for others to sell with profeit. SO! THats all Im after anyhow. Moddifing the C&S arm I have now to remove the jackshaft and put on something NEW in its place.
This will be my 1st big mod to do this year....after work picks back up.:banghead:
SOrry not other pics with the cover off.
** if your looking to 330, easier to do a full kit from someone. I have never delt with customer service at TRacDynamics, but I have at ROaringToyz.....ID say check with trac. Unless you like the look of the ROaryingToyz arm in their kit. OR..check with MyrtleWest on their arm for a OSD 330 ...see what it is and $$$..then Kosman for the OSD.....worth checking into. Good luck...and let me know what you find out.:beerchug:

shaftLESS4.jpg

Another insight into the OSD kits you may NOT know. They have a 18t or 19t front sprocket to get the chain to clear around the bolt of the cover that mounts to the frame/swingarm pivot mount.......so. You will also need a larger gear in the rear to get a great set up. For me Im 16t/43t now and going up to 18t means changing my rear to a ( finding a steel ) 49t that fits RC wheels.:banghead: It will be like having a stunter sprocket on the back:laugh:

Well I talked to the "boss" at kosman today(I forgot his name) and he said he can't sell me the o.s.d because of the business deal between him and roaringtoyz. He also told me that he makes the swingarms they sell, kind of interesting news to me ! And brad at roaringtoyz gave me the price of 3200 not 2800.....so I don't know what to do now. The boss at kosman was also talking about widening my stock wheel so I wouldn't have to buy rims, which could save me about 3 to 4 grand...
Posted via Mobile Device

YEP...but he said he would NOT sell you the front OSD sections? Now Im buggin. He told me yes and gave me a price. His jobs on widening the stock rear wheels...looks good. Seen them from others that had him do them.
I think it is member "SKINN" that has one of those wheels.

Yea, the boss at kosman said he would not sell it to me because of the deal between him and R.T. He said he would call me back so we'll see what happens
Posted via Mobile Device

We'll news flash ! I talked to sandy (boss at kosman) again today. I'm buying the o.s.d. and arm from him, and letting them widen my stock rim...so it will save a lot of money, it'll be a month or two before I pay it all off. As soon as I get it I will post pics !!
Posted via Mobile Device

hey bigrod, seems like you know the most on this subject, so sandy told me they put a 18 tooth front sprocket on the setup, what do i need to do to the rear to compensate for that, i want it to run as if it was a stock setup.... i always heard rumors like one down in the front is like 2 up in the back or sumthing like that ???? if they are going up one in the front would i need to go down in the back ??

hey bigrod, seems like you know the most on this subject, so sandy told me they put a 18 tooth front sprocket on the setup, what do i need to do to the rear to compensate for that, i want it to run as if it was a stock setup.... i always heard rumors like one down in the front is like 2 up in the back or sumthing like that ???? if they are going up one in the front would i need to go down in the back ??

NO going up 17t to 18t = 1, then the rear must also go up. One front = 2 or 3 in the rear, so if you want to stay like stock ( 40t ) then you need to be 42 or 43t sprocket. Get a steel one.
How much are they hitting you for the hole kit minuse the wheel?

2995...4k total with wheel, all parts etc....all I have to do when I get it back from kosman is buy a chain, brake line, and re-paint wheel...oh another question, lol... What is the best chain ? And how long does it need to be. I am getting the arm that is 4 to 8 inch stretch....I looked at rc component wheels and the rear wheel is like 2700 !!! Holy crap that's expensive...
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
2995...4k total with wheel, all parts etc....all I have to do when I get it back from kosman is buy a chain, brake line, and re-paint wheel...oh another question, lol... What is the best chain ? And how long does it need to be. I am getting the arm that is 4 to 8 inch stretch....I looked at rc component wheels and the rear wheel is like 2700 !!! Holy crap that's expensive...
Posted via Mobile Device

YEA...RC wheels are $$ and heavy blocks. Id LOVE to have a set of BST carbon wheels, but they dont make a 330 rim (:whistle:unless I wait ONE YEAR for them to make it and for the $$$), wait I better add another $ for that rim.:laugh: ....so they told me.
For the chain length...dont know since youll be running one LONG chain. EK-zzz gold o-ring chain is what Im running...has like 11,500 strength. Ask "highestgrade) think thats his name, He is running a OSD 330 at 6 over?

I hope to get this answered without having to start a new thread but i'm going with a C&S arm, not sure if single sided yet and not sure if 330 or 360. My question is anyone heard of them making a single sided 330 or a single sided 360 non jack shaft? ROD, I have lots of questions to ask you, if you dont mind could you PM me your email? I'm very serious about buying something soon and could seriously use some of your knowledge and research so I dont make the wrong move. I do hate that you have to have the osd stick out so far on the left side. I'd see if someone could fab up something so i could move out the right too to make it even...

Back