think outside the box...

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I realize thinking outside the box is a rough on some people, but post up any experiences of unique thinking. Hopefully the kind that were POSITIVE. :thumbsup:

So, I called my pizza place last night for the "Carry out special" I usually get, and asked them if it comes with ONE TOPPING and I get pepperoni on one side and mushrooms on the other, could they simply take both of those HALF portions and spread them across the whole pizza? After a minute of discussion since the order taker thought I meant TWO toppings on the pizza, his light bulb triggered we finally agreed on my math. He went and asked his manager if that was possible, and I could hear the discussion... about 3 other people were chiming in trying to figure it out. After some laughing, they all agreed and denied my request. Still, what is so wrong with that? SAME EXACT amount of food, just move your hand a little more and put half portion on BOTH sides of pizza. Does that hand movement cost more? Weird.
pizza.jpg

What outside the box thinking do you guys/gals do?

Paronoia, they think you will take a pic of the lame amount(1/2 the toppings on whole pizza) email pic to corporate, etc. etc. (This variation gives the customer(you) an inferior product, not consistant with the chains reputation for quality and quanity of ingrediants, blah blah blah, we just want you to get the best product possible, blah blah blah.

Next guy in line will say, you did it for him? Now their minimum wage folks will have a difficult time keeping things straight.

Great idea on your part though!

P.S I spent 10 years working in Pizza Place management

Last edited:
Unfortunately most in the public sector, namely the restaurant biz, are like ants...if you deviate from the game plan, they are completely lost. Sure, BK says you can have it your way, but when you order something plain, they can't find THE BUTTON that says that LOL They stop in their tracks because it's not the norm...

I find more and more that we (consumers) are duped by most businesses because they can't think outside of the box...hell, they don't even know there is a box :laugh:

I think you should have fought 'em on it and then opted to NOT order from them...maybe you'd force them to take a closer look at what they're being asked to do and that it's not a big damn deal :whistle:

I realize thinking outside the box is a rough on some people, but post up any experiences of unique thinking. Hopefully the kind that were POSITIVE. :thumbsup:

So, I called my pizza place last night for the "Carry out special" I usually get, and asked them if it comes with ONE TOPPING and I get pepperoni on one side and mushrooms on the other, could they simply take both of those HALF portions and spread them across the whole pizza? After a minute of discussion since the order taker thought I meant TWO toppings on the pizza, his light bulb triggered we finally agreed on my math. He went and asked his manager if that was possible, and I could hear the discussion... about 3 other people were chiming in trying to figure it out. After some laughing, they all agreed and denied my request. Still, what is so wrong with that? SAME EXACT amount of food, just move your hand a little more and put half portion on BOTH sides of pizza. Does that hand movement cost more? Weird.
pizza.jpg

I like te same kind of pizza pepp and mush is where its at...Anyway I used to work at a pizza place and it does cost more because you put more toppings on a single topping pizza so if you spread it out you would use more topping then what you would normally put on a two topping pizza for example we put about 80 pepperoni's on a sinlge topping large and on a two topping we put around 30 pepperoni's samething for mushrooms single topping is about a cup and a half and a two topping is about half a cup there for you would get more then a two topping if you could do it that way so on a half and half we would use about 40 to 45 pepperoni's and about a cup of mushrooms. In theory it would cost them less to make you a two topping pizza but think of it as an option you always pay extra when it should come with it. If it were me I would have just done it.....Now that I think of it that probably why I don't work there anymore:laugh:............BTW thats just funny Pinky

Unfortunately most in the public sector, namely the restaurant biz, are like ants...if you deviate from the game plan, they are completely lost. Sure, BK says you can have it your way, but when you order something plain, they can't find THE BUTTON that says that LOL They stop in their tracks because it's not the norm...

I find more and more that we (consumers) are duped by most businesses because they can't think outside of the box...hell, they don't even know there is a box :laugh:

I think you should have fought 'em on it and then opted to NOT order from them...maybe you'd force them to take a closer look at what they're being asked to do and that it's not a big damn deal :whistle:

I put my box in a box is that outside the box???................I saw a video on youtube where a guy went to bk and ordered two quad stackers and ask them to put them together and they said said they couldn't do that and after about thirty-min of them going back and fourth the customer said look this is BK you and said I can have it my way and thats the way I want it very funny video I post but I am at work so I can't

pizza.jpg

How about Papa John's offers 2 large 1 topping pizzas. OK so the kids like just cheese (no topping) now you would think I could get 2 toppings on one and none on another for the same price...no no no... :banghead:

Mike I think you missed it.

If they put 40 pepperonis on a full pizza, but when I only want pep on HALF, lets say they only use 20.... just spread THOSE 20 over the whole pizza. likewise for the mushrooms. Then I could get what I wanted - a little less food, but still the pep and mush mix - priced as a one topping pizza EQUAL to what it would be if I got 1 topping split half pep on one side, half mush on other side. same diff. I see what you mean about the two toppings, but they are already giving me HALF of each, so what's the diff if it's on HALF or the same half amount spread over the whole pizza?

robot has it right though. I just thought they could bend for me - I order every week, they all know my name. but it really messed with their head! I thought that was funny

If they put 40 pepperonis on a full pizza, but when I only want pep on HALF, lets say they only use 20.... just spread THOSE 20 over the whole pizza. likewise for the mushrooms. Then I could get what I wanted - a little less food, but still the pep and mush mix - priced as a one topping pizza EQUAL to what it would be if I got 1 topping split half pep on one side, half mush on other side. same diff. I see what you mean about the two toppings, but they are already giving me HALF of each, so what's the diff if it's on HALF or the same half amount spread over the whole pizza?

robot has it right though. I just thought they could bend for me - I order every week, they all know my name. but it really messed with their head! I thought that was funny

what I was saying was it would make more sense for them to give you the pizza as a two topping instead of half and half because bc two toppings are cheaper bc they use less toppings thats why when you buy a one topping pizza the cheese is on the bottom of the toppings because there is more there and when you buy a two topping they put cheese on the bottom and top to cover up the lack of toppings these are the rules for major pizza chains mom and pop places do it different.

Stop being an cheap azz and help the economy by buying a whole pizza...sheesh...:rofl:

well thats interesting. this is a pretty small chain here in the midwest.

I still think they could pull it off if they wanted to. :)

pizza.jpg

I've went round and round with pizza places here on the SAMETHING. They turned me down too. It's just plain STUPID. Or get peperoni and sausage on half and leave the other side alone. Still should be concidered 1 topping but NOOO. :cursin:

Ya sure dont order from them:poke: they dont give one rats butt. they wont even remember your call:banghead:

well thats interesting. this is a pretty small chain here in the midwest.

I still think they could pull it off if they wanted to. :)

yeah like I said before I would have just done it but thats me and we used to get all kinds of crazy request so that wouldn't have been that bad. One comes to mind this guy would order a big new yorker ever week and wanted ran through the oven twice his pizza was always BURNT!!!! and thats the way he like it if you didn't send it out that way he would flip a sh!t and he wouldn't order for a while............not to mention that normally when you get special request like the burnt pizza 9 times out of ten it is a prank call

I like plain cheese pizza.
Don't have any trouble. :laugh:

Not me. I never think outside the box.

Furthermore, I am a cookie cutter of what a woman is supposed to be; quiet, compliant, no opinions or original thoughts, no desires, even. In other words, non-threatening to men and women alike.

:rulez:

Back