OSD installed

highestgrade

Donating Member
Registered
i got my tranny fixed up remounted engine in the frame...tried to get the osd on but i think it's abit off centered. i need to take it back off & adjust some things. i think the bearing is under a lil pressure which in turn i guess will put pressure on the sprocket/output shaft....maybe what got me in this in the first place.

While you had it apart, did you install the upgraded steel sprocket hub and HD bearing for it? If yours has the ecentric adjuster...make sure its dead on, or yes it will put stress on the bearing and things.

The swingarm boss is not aligned with the OSD support plate.

DSC02479.jpg

DSC02480.jpg

ok.... so i got the bolts threaded onto the swingarm in first.....made sense...all the extender bolts aligned besides the one closest to the front of the bike. I figure i could try prying it itno alignment & hopefully all should be well. Next i need som instruction on how to adjust the three allen bolts on the front sprocket.

Didnt you post a thread about this same thing SEVERAL months back? Is it still jacked up from then?

i'm now trying to get it back together & the setup is a little bit different to the first setup i had on there....i think it's the new setup.

Last edited:
Wish I could help you on this one. I tried getting ahold of my mechanic, but his shop is closed today and he went out for a ride.

Im still working on my upgrade OSD parts...cant get my old alum hub out of the sprocket. BUT thats another hole story.
The bearing on the sprocket new steel hub.....Get that bearing INTO the outer support cover 1st. Then try and mount the support cover.
The 3 allen bolts of the new steel sprocket hub.....MINe has them but was told not to do anything with them...Im GenI, dont know if that make a diff? Either or I dont see what the allen head bolts do anyhow?
Could you have bent one of the three front support extansions?
On my GenI...all the support covers adjustment come from an ecentric hub located on the end of the swingarm pivot bolt.

my setup is different to yours i think.....my old setup had the aluminum sleeve in the sprocket. the sleeve i have in the sprocket is actually a nut that treads onto the output shaft

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02484.jpg

DSC02485.jpg

DSC02486.jpg

Re: OSD ISSUES‏
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 6:05:10 PM
To: Jason Lagan (kingkooltt@hotmail.com)

Hi Jason,
I see the problem. So sorry you are having this issue. I am not sure if you got instructions with this kit? but you can rotate the multi holed hub at the swing arm pivot.
Untill one set of holes lines up. Was this done in your case? Also you can loosen up the motor mounts and let the motor find a new home. Bottom line you should not have to force the bolts which as you found out will put load on the output shaft.
Let me know.
Martin.

--- On Mon, 2/22/10, Jason Lagan <kingkooltt@hotmail.com> wrote:

Subject: OSD ISSUES
To: kosmanspecialties@sbcglobal.net, fullthrottlesales@hotmail.com
Date: Monday, February 22, 2010, 5:36 AM

I'm remounting my OSD assy after tranny failure. Now I am realising that my OSD plate is not properly aligning with the swingarm boss. I have to pry the plate to align to thread the 3 bolts on the swingarm boss which is putting stress on the support bearing along with the output shaft. Please view pics attached & advise as necessary

Yep..your new set up looks very sim to what I have to swap in. As the threads in the bolt...it spreads the hub from behind making it fit snug.
BUT your end nut looks very DIFF than mine. RoaringToys told me there has been 4 diff generation now of the OSD kits.
I think the alen head three bolts might have to do with removing it if you ever have to. They would thread thru the hub and push off the sprocket..easing the hub out of the sprocket...that the BIG B, the I have now...trying to get the old alum hub OUT so I can do my swap. Your issue looks to be in the plate cover...not the sprocket and hub?

Your post from Kosman is what I was talking about earlier. The multi hole thing on the end of you swingarm pivot shaft is your fine adjustment to the outer shield! My part there is diff for a GenI. But get it right and all should fall right together for you.:beerchug:
If NOT call Sand Kosman....is great to talk with on those things!

Back