Oscar Grant killed / second camera view

I know everybody has their opinions but reading some of these comments make me think about not coming back to this site. Let's not make this racial. OJ was acquitted of the murder charges. People are wrong for rioting and destroying property because of the judges verdict. Let's be realistic there are injustices all over the place whether it be racial sexual or legal. no one deserves to die for ignorant actions. The cop made a mistake and his actions prove that law enforcement agencies should be more aggressive in the psychological health of prospective officers and also give better trainig. Just my .02
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course, I have another suggestion. How about people stop acting like idiots and start returning to acceptable behavior instead of acting like a bunch of wild hyenas. We have slipped SO far in recent years... What happened, America?!? What parent would permit his/her child to learn such behavior is acceptable?

What does the psychological health of that officer have to do with him making a mistake? I'm not getting your gap in logic here. And for the record, I didn't make anything racial. The African American community did. If that offends you, take it up with them.

No gap in logic. It's simple, in a high stress situation, how you react, is a direct result of your pshchological well being. Remember "fight or flight" from psych 101? The officer felt the need to use more force than was already being applied. Eventhough there were other officers in what I saw as control of the suspect, the police officer pulled his firearm and said he thought it was his taser. He put the other officers' lives at risk by firing the gun. The bullet could have easily hit one of them when it ricoche'd off the concrete.
Some people can handle high stress situations better than others.
For the record Rev, the following are your words not mine.

"It's odd, but I don't remember the black community rioting when OJ was freed after beheading two white people. As a matter of fact, I seem to remember seeing them dancing victory dances.

I'm getting a little tired of the double standard. "

Of course, I have another suggestion. How about people stop acting like idiots and start returning to acceptable behavior instead of acting like a bunch of wild hyenas. We have slipped SO far in recent years... What happened, America?!? What parent would permit his/her child to learn such behavior is acceptable?

I couldn't agree with you more Mike.

Hmm the wikipedia article is quite helpfull. Here is my assumption. 1 guy should have STFU he would have still been here today. 1 guy should have grabbed control of the situation he would still have a life and career. And lastly thus proving California should be tactically nuked by penguins because that is one jacked up place.:lol:

I do like the part where his daughter will get a 1.5m payout and receive payments until she is thirty. Sadly though I doubt she gets any of that money.

Back