Oscar Grant killed / second camera view

turk182

Registered
Cop got 2-4 for killing him.
I bet he is out in 18months. Not sure if thats long enough for the family, friends, and nation to forget.

[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd..

Link only >
- BART Shooting - UPDATED!!! NEW angle of the shooting!!!![/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Hadn't seen that shooting. From the video couldn't make any sense of it, why pull out the gun at all ???

cop said he thought he was pulling out his tazer

doubt cop set out to kill dude, thats why he was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

Junior cop and he has testified he honestly thought be was drawing his taser and not pistol .
Terrible horrible event and accident which resulted in a mans death . Stress and heat of the moment clouds simple thoughts.

unless he got his gun from batmans closet it cannot resemble this at all

Taser%20X26_1.jpg

and it was on the opposite side of his body.

besides that wtf warranted him pulling a taser. he was face down and 3 officers were there. im sure they have OC.

I'm just saying he was a junior officer in a stressful situation . For him it was prolly one of his first . He made moves and actions which most likely were not thought thru and it resulted in this mans death . We have all seen the end of 'high' speed chases on cops where 20 police officers run up and jump and the guy . Adrenalin once it begins to flow if your not used to the rush and feeling can cloud your ability to think straight .

There is no doubt that what happened was a tragedy...

But there are a lot of people screaming racism on this one, and I just don't see that as the case... Why would anyone pull a gun and intentionally kill someone in that situation? Knowing there's tons of witnesses... No one would... Racist or not...

I do believe he messed up accidentally, and for that, he is going to pay severely... His career is over and he is going to jail. Plus he has Oscar's death on his conscience...

Also, his family is suing for 25 million in wrongful death damages... Really? That's a lot of money.. More than most people make in their lifetime... Should tax payers be responsible for that?

heck no tax payers shouldnt have to pay. it should come out of whomevers is being sueds pocket. as in the cop's payroll.

I go to work in Oakland everyday, wish this crap would just go away!

There is no doubt that what happened was a tragedy...

But there are a lot of people screaming racism on this one, and I just don't see that as the case... Why would anyone pull a gun and intentionally kill someone in that situation? Knowing there's tons of witnesses... No one would... Racist or not...

I do believe he messed up accidentally, and for that, he is going to pay severely... His career is over and he is going to jail. Plus he has Oscar's death on his conscience...

Also, his family is suing for 25 million in wrongful death damages... Really? That's a lot of money.. More than most people make in their lifetime... Should tax payers be responsible for that?

Well what you have to understand is this type of action mostly happens in non White communities and it's been that way for decades, it becomes part of everyday life and the only difference people see from those that are dishing out the abuse and the victims is skin color. It's all kinds of studies out there that tie it all together. Basically you have people in positions of power that view themselves as superior than someone else and its specifically because of race or social status. When you don't look as someone as equal the consequences for certain actions don't register.

This guy may not have been racist who knows but it's obvious his actions were common practice that he felt he could get away with or everyone would clean it up, people in certain communities see it all the time, it's just now with so much mobile video and instant streaming more of the abuse is caught on film but even when it is, it doesn't matter.

Accident hmm....... what logical reason are you using a taser on a guy face down hand cuffed with a knee on his neck and under control? Since when does standing up looking down the barrel of a handgun look or feel anything like a taser and if they look the same to some one on the force they probably are in the wrong job and should have never passed training. Seems like the only accident was he forgot people record everything.

Well what you have to understand is this type of action mostly happens in non White communities and it's been that way for decades, it becomes part of everyday life and the only difference people see from those that are dishing out the abuse and the victims is skin color. It's all kinds of studies out there that tie it all together. Basically you have people in positions of power that view themselves as superior than someone else and its specifically because of race or social status. When you don't look as someone as equal the consequences for certain actions don't register.

This guy may not have been racist who knows but it's obvious his actions were common practice that he felt he could get away with or everyone would clean it up, people in certain communities see it all the time, it's just now with so much mobile video and instant streaming more of the abuse is caught on film but even when it is, it doesn't matter.

Accident hmm....... what logical reason are you using a taser on a guy face down hand cuffed with a knee on his neck and under control? Since when does standing up looking down the barrel of a handgun look or feel anything like a taser and if they look the same to some one on the force they probably are in the wrong job and should have never passed training. Seems like the only accident was he forgot people record everything.

I agree with you on him not being the right guy for the job in this case. And a lot of law enforcement officers are known to feel empowered by their authority.

But I don't see how this points to him being racist. Wrong for the job, yes. Racist, don't think so...

Also, if you watch the video shot from the train that shows the actual shooting, you see him immediately re-holster his gun after shooting and put his hands on his head in kind of a what have I done way... Looks like an accident to me...

Why would anyone intentionally shoot someone like that on purpose? No one would honestly believe that they could get away with it in this day and age...

He kept getting up, over and over. He was told to sit. But, somehow, certain people think they are not included in the rules. Those people open themselves to the mistakes, which I believe this was. None of us was at the scene nor were we embroiled in the confusion that was taking place. He fell victim to his own poor judgement just because he didn't do what he was instructed to do. I do not feel sorry for him. I do regret having an officer subjected to a moron like this and having to pay with his freedom. I believe this was an accident......period. I also know plenty of officers that are worn down and tired of the games these people pull on a daily basis, the lying, running, are only a few of the nonsense antics played to get out of being responsible and owning up to their crimes.............

From ABCnews website

Dozens Arrested in Oakland Demonstrations After Verdict in Cop Shooting

Police said 83 people were arrested after some protesters smashed store windows, overturned dumpsters, ignited fires and pelted officers with rocks and bottles. Officials called the troublemakers "anarchists" who came to Oakland with the intention of creating disorder after the verdict.

Some streets in downtown Oakland had been deserted after workers went home early and businesses boarded up windows in anticipation of trouble.

Outside one business, rioters sprayed graffiti on walls saying: "You can't shoot us all."

Someone might want to tell those protesting, spraypainting and breaking the windows that the police don't own those buildings..

A bunch of people getting together to show their stupidity, if you want to show the police how you feel go spray paint the local PD... The only thing they are doing is costing the business owners money by destroying property.....

LOSERS!

CAp

Pray for both familys,,It is tragic,,,Only God knows what trully happened and what was on that officers mind,,There were umpteen copson that guy,,,but he was resisting arrest,,,,both were at fault,,the department needs to spend more redundant time trainng their offiecers like the military,,In my day ,if you resisted,,you paid for it,,i had a hard headed brother,who could not only back up his mouth,,but it got him in a lot of fights,,He has calmed down by Gods grace,,he was the type that had unhuman like farmboy strength,,
I do see a terrible pattern now days,,undisaplined children,without fear of being punished and think they are beyound admonishment,,,,Those are the ones who argue with the police,,and with their parents,,,When I was raised,,Dad spoke one time ,,,one time only,,he was not my buddy,,he was my father,,A couple raiseing children can be their buddies later,,byt when their young,,they need a parent,,What ever happened to looking both ways then crossing the street ? now days ,Jaywalking is ok,,people young and old,,,will walk briskly into a oncoming car,then slow down to a strut,,,That is unacceptable,,and ussually they are on the phone,,they couldnt wait 2 secounds to let the car go by,,,No,,gotta challenge a 2 ton vehicle and inconvience him,,,they wouldnt do that on a railroad track,,,why do it where its a disinated area for autos,,it rude,,one of my pet peaves,,,and when you drive,,either get a bluetooth or hangup or pull over,,I dispise when people rudely pull out in front of me,,expecially when im on my scooter,,,,,,,,,,Sorry org,,I was on a roll,,,,
Last but not least,,,the offiecer who punched the woman,,IMO he was attacked,,abd the woman were undisaplined,,and they kept pushing him,,he has the right andthe law backs him up,,,you cant put you hands on him,and he can use what force needed includeing lethal,,,And being a woman or a 16 yr old boy,, if you punch a man,,dont hide behind that you under age or your a woman,, dont put my hands on no one,,and ive not ever layed a hand on my wife,,,And if you review that day when the officer was assaulted,,,there was 20 people there that shouldve help him defuse it,,instaed ,they had out their camareas,,trying to make a dime,,,or saying it was victomization,,,black or white,,is crap...color doesnt matter to me,,,but dont pull that card,,I despise it,,,Those girls got by with a ton of crap,,,,it that was me resisting arrest,,he wouldnt have hesitated to throw me down and subdue me like a sack of potatoes,,,,point is,,,listen to the offiecer,,and weigh on his heart and give him respect,,the guy took mofe than he shouldve,,,,,and all the pigeons [people trying to make money with their cell phones ] I wouldve gotten them for interfering .. Ive just seen too many video;s to where the guy holing the cammera,,couldve saved a persons life,,but they chosae to hold on to the filming,to make a dollar,,,it sickens me,,,In case you ever see me or my wife drowning,,lay the phone down,,and help us

[bobber's post] was kinda difficult to read but after I got through it, I have to agree.

I see the exact same thing every day. People standing on the sidewalk and wait until I'm getting close then decide to step in front of my truck. A Dodge 2500 4x4 does NOT stop on a dime. I nearly flatspotted my tires to avoid hitting this one idiot. He laughed and meandered on his way. He was NOT in a crosswalk and I didn't expect him to cross.

People have no respect for anything or anyone. It's part the larger problem we have. Give give give. You don't want to give to me? Fine, I'll take. Oh, I can't take? Well, if I can't have it, neither can you, so I'll just destroy it. I see it everyday out here.

I hope they can identify the rioters from the videos that were taken and prosecute. They just wanted an excuse to wreak havoc. They have no connection to the victim whatsoever.

Back