Opec wants YOU to pay more for gas

I agree with it not being our oil to begin with. And I agree that we need to start producing our own energy. I do not agree with what they are charging us for the oil. They are raping Americans and THAT is what I am pissed about!

Ohh trust me.. I am pissed also.

Between gas prices and our electric company that has a monopoly in my area and bends me over at their pleasure my raises cannot even come close to keeping up with my monthly expenditures.

About 2 years ago we got an electric bill one month. our electric bill normally ran about $225.00 per month, we get this bill for around $1800.00

We are thinking no way can this be right.

Well it turns out we happen to be at the end of our so called "level pay plan" AND they just happen to levy a 40% increase in electric rates that month to everyone.

a fricken $1800 electric bill for a 5 bedroom house!! for one month!!

Now our electric bill averages about $300.00 a month. and right now we are not running the air or the heat. And our bill is average for the area and for the size of our house etc.

Then combine that with the way fuel prices have been for the last year or so.

So yeah trust me, I am way beyond pissed. but like I said they own the oil, they set the prices, if we don't like it we don't have to buy it.

So I don't like it, so we (our family) is basically cutting back everywhere we can.

I have a 21 foot boat. haven't taken it out in two years because I don't feel like spending $100.00 in gas.

I used to very rarely ride my bike to work, now that is pretty much all I am taking. It is saving us about $400.00 per month in fuel cost.

And most of the people I know are basically doing the same thing. cutting back on spending in all areas. so if this is an indication of what the majority of people are doing, it must be crushing those idiots who control the oil. At least I hope it is

You guys can stop hating on Saudis ballin' out of control with gold rolls, they're on your side now. :beerchug:

But, don't the US get the majority of it's oil from Canada! You should love Canada for providing you with good maple syrup :laugh:

Can't we just trading grain for oil. They live in the desert!! WTF can grow in the desert. Lets just starve them down!!!

Ohh trust me.. I am pissed also.

And most of the people I know are basically doing the same thing. cutting back on spending in all areas. so if this is an indication of what the majority of people are doing, it must be crushing those idiots who control the oil. At least I hope it is

Seriously guys. I am not trying to be a smartazz or anything, but aren't you guys tired of cutting back? Man, we have cut back on just about everything we can cut back on. It is just crazy! It really is quite depressing knowing that you can go out to the movies (which we don't but maybe 2 times a year), but you can't go out to eat first with your family. We all work ATLEAST 40hrs a week so we can have a few extra's for our families, but now EVERYTHING is so expensive that even the small things are almost out of reach. My wife just got laid off last week, so that is even more of an issue.
Fuel prices are really what started this downfall in our economy. Before the prices of gas started sky rocketing, how many houses did you see in foreclosure? There weren't many, because even the people that were barely making it then, were able to afford gas to get to and from work to pay for their houses and stuff.
This really is a gut wrenching situation we are in. I guess I just let shid like this bother me too much! :banghead::banghead:

Seriously guys. I am not trying to be a smartazz or anything, but aren't you guys tired of cutting back? Man, we have cut back on just about everything we can cut back on. It is just crazy! It really is quite depressing knowing that you can go out to the movies (which we don't but maybe 2 times a year), but you can't go out to eat first with your family. We all work ATLEAST 40hrs a week so we can have a few extra's for our families, but now EVERYTHING is so expensive that even the small things are almost out of reach. My wife just got laid off last week, so that is even more of an issue.
Fuel prices are really what started this downfall in our economy. Before the prices of gas started sky rocketing, how many houses did you see in foreclosure? There weren't many, because even the people that were barely making it then, were able to afford gas to get to and from work to pay for their houses and stuff.
This really is a gut wrenching situation we are in. I guess I just let shid like this bother me too much! :banghead::banghead:

I am sorry your wife was laid off. That has got to be rough.

But seriously, we don't NEED to go out to dinner with our families. Cook at home. We don't NEED to go to the movies, rent a couple of them from Blockbuster for pennies what it would cost a family to go to the movies. Better yet have a family game night. We don't NEED alot of the things that we use everyday. My grandparents came through the depression just fine. They had to do without things like sugar and coffee. Radio was their entertainment. They carpooled into town to get supplies, A family (if they were lucky) had one vehicle and they worked on it themselves. They made their own cloths. Everyone grew most of their food and were willing to share with those who were less fortunate. Yes it was a simpler time, but I don't mind cutting out going out to dinner and not driving as much. I'll cut back even more to make sure OPEC gets the point. We just have to be strong and not back down. Show these bullies who they are really dealing with. We have men and women out there fighting for our freedom. I think we should try and keep this country together by whatever means to ensure their efforts are not in vain. This too shall pass!!!! Hang in there.

But seriously, we don't NEED to go out to dinner with our families. Cook at home. We don't NEED to go to the movies, rent a couple of them from Blockbuster for pennies what it would cost a family to go to the movies. Better yet have a family game night. We don't NEED alot of the things that we use everyday. My grandparents came through the depression just fine. They had to do without things like sugar and coffee. Radio was their entertainment. They carpooled into town to get supplies, A family (if they were lucky) had one vehicle and they worked on it themselves. They made their own cloths. Everyone grew most of their food and were willing to share with those who were less fortunate. Yes it was a simpler time, but I don't mind cutting out going out to dinner and not driving as much. I'll cut back even more to make sure OPEC gets the point. We just have to be strong and not back down. Show these bullies who they are really dealing with. We have men and women out there fighting for our freedom. I think we should try and keep this country together by whatever means to ensure their efforts are not in vain. This too shall pass!!!! Hang in there.

+100 We still have it better than alot of countries and I agree that we were to use to just wasting money. This situation has opened many Americans eyes and I doubt many will go completely back to their old ways. Gas is a big problem, when you can't afford to go to work to make a living anymore. With gas prices going down, I think things will start to work themselves out slowly.

This from the same people who said they were not responsible for oil prices going through the roof. Azzholes, if that were true they would let it drop back to the last year $50.00 per barrel and leave it at that.

:thumbsup::beerchug:

:thumbsup:

I've been shocked my whole life why families need TWO cars. Yeah, we've all grown up with it and it seems normal and handy..... but why? You LOVE your spouse [hopefully] so pooling together in one car should be a desired thing. Two cars allow you to be separated more.... and just look at the divorce rates

I've been shocked my whole life why families need TWO cars. Yeah, we've all grown up with it and it seems normal and handy..... but why? You LOVE your spouse [hopefully] so pooling together in one car should be a desired thing. Two cars allow you to be separated more.... and just look at the divorce rates
I work longer hours and the opposite direction from my wife. We cannot carpool. I have to have my own vehicle. Just works that way. When my wife and I can get to a place where she doesn't have to work Then we can look at having less vehicles, but just not workable right now.

I do my part to conserve, I ride everyday to work, rain or shine. Snow and Ice being the only reasons I won't ride to work. And that's not cause of the cold, it's the whole slippery factor.

I will continue to find as many ways as I can to stick it back to them and use less of thier overpriced oil :poke:

Well the bottom line is that we need to take care of America first! If I had to, I'll trade the Busa in for a Harley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I was a kid, the good old life that Aunt Bee and Andy had, is still good enough for me!!!!!!

Back