Opec wants YOU to pay more for gas

99'busa

Donating Member
Registered
OPEC is determined to put an end to the relief at the gas pump. Concerned to protect their countries' financial health, oil ministers from the 13 members of the cartel of oil-producing countries meet in Vienna on Friday with only one item on their agenda — cutting their oil output in order to drive up world prices.

TIME and CNN

OPEC is determined to put an end to the relief at the gas pump. Concerned to protect their countries' financial health, oil ministers from the 13 members of the cartel of oil-producing countries meet in Vienna on Friday with only one item on their agenda — cutting their oil output in order to drive up world prices.

TIME and CNN

Remember what I told ya on the way to the Bash? I will pay whatever they charge, cuz I AM NOT gonna be walking.:laugh:

Im loving the relief at the pump. It was starting to sting my pockets having to put gas in a street "ILLEGAL" trans am, a 4x4 dodge (10.8 mpg driving slow) ram and the busa. 20-40 dollars a day! Thats a potential 280 dollars a week. Thats 1,120 a month!!!

Thats 13,440 dollars a year!!! THINK before you speak on gas prices! I could buy a new bike every year if gas stayed at $2 a gallon.:rulez:

Thats 13,440 dollars a year!!! THINK before you speak on gas prices! I could buy a new bike every year if gas stayed at $2 a gallon.:rulez:

Got you beat by a little... Cost me roughly $24,000 :banghead:just to run my boat from Florida to Lake Ontario this summer. Leaving to head back to FL friday and will probably cost about $18,000. So I like the lower cost of oil.

I dont know how we can stop them. but I dont know how we can let them either. someone needs to take a sniper rifle over there and.......shoot the tires out of one of those opecs guys rolls royces just to send a message. they were happy with their Billions till all the gouging started NOW THEY EXPECT IT TO STAY

Everyone needs to keep cutting back more and more. this is what is hurting them. people have had enough and gasoline sales are down. We need to keep cutting back no matter what those F' heads do. it is the only way we can screw them the way they have been screwing us.

I cant wait until the day oil is rarley needed. that is all those f'heads have, oil and sand. and once there oil is worthless they will go back to the fricken stone age where they belong.

I hate OPEC
I hate OIL companies.
I despise ANYONE making a huge profit from the sale of oil.

I have had enough

Everyone needs to keep cutting back more and more. this is what is hurting them. people have had enough and gasoline sales are down. We need to keep cutting back no matter what those F' heads do. it is the only way we can screw them the way they have been screwing us.

I cant wait until the day oil is rarley needed. that is all those f'heads have, oil and sand. and once there oil is worthless they will go back to the fricken stone age where they belong.

I hate OPEC
I hate OIL companies.
I despise ANYONE making a huge profit from the sale of oil.

I have had enough

I am with you!:bowdown:
Cut back get rid of your gas guzzlers and minimize consumption(=spending).

Yup, 140.00/barrel and the ysay nope, we can't possibly increase production. 68.00/barrel and they MUST limit it. FUGG'EM :thumbsup:

Has anyone checked to see if the price of gas has actually gone down in proportion to the price of a barrel of oil? Although that was the excuse when it was going up, I'm sure it hasn't on the way down. Just curious.

I found this, which seems to suggest that now, gas and oil prices may be more closely tracking one another--like they were doing pre-June 2004.

ch.gaschart.gif

Last edited:
Has anyone checked to see if the price of gas has actually gone down in proportion to the price of a barrel of oil? Although that was the excuse when it was going up, I'm sure it hasn't on the way down. Just curious.
It has been close but not quite around here. Crude prices are close to half what it was ($140 something to $70 something) and locally gas has dropped from $3.89 gal. to $2.05 gal. The refineries profits are still as they were.
I still fight back my Mitsubishi mini truck and the Busa. 12 gallon tank of gas in the truck will last me over 2 weeks, but in good weather I'll use that much or more in the bike in a week. Have a looot more fun per gallon though.:laugh:

OPEC wouldnt have a very long meeting if the building blew up...while they were in it:whistle:

but-a more non-violent approach would be to develop new transportation tech. that would allow us to STOP being dependent on Oil-producing countries. If we all drove vehicles that got 30+mpg, running on electricity/Hydrogen gas/Soy oil/BioDiesel-those azzhats would be so busy trying to stop all the looters from breaking into their mansions *cuz when they run outta $, all their security is LEAVIN!* they couldnt HAVE any more meetins:laugh:

I understand everyone is not capable of goin out n buyin a new vehicle right now-but, if in the next 2 years, we (US) are able to develop cars/trucks that can deliver just a 40% increase in mileage while maintaining better emissions standards we will definitely be putting a major dent into Oil companies profits.

there have been alternative fuels around for YEARS folks-but Jags like the OPEC peeps find ways to make the 'new' fuels look too expensive to manufacture or too hard to engineer new motors that will work with the new fuels best-JUST so they can keep more $ in THEIR pockets.

I saw we take all their Oil n DUMP it back into their country-I'll run my truck on French fry oil anyday-smells like you're bakin donuts:rofl:

It's not just OPEC. IT is the speculators too. I say we should dip em in the oil they covet and light it on fire!!!

Ok so I get a little carried away. I guess just good ole fashion tar and feathering will do!!! :laugh:

But seriously, I think if everyone just keeps cutting back like they have been and new technologies get developed they will be paying us to take their oil!!!

I didn't have to watch TV to know that Speculators in the US and the OPEC waz putting a big one in my six.

I hope everyone continues to conserve and scooter sales go through the roof. :laugh:

Its a step in the right direction but remember that the cost of crude isn't just because of fuel. Every little piece of plastic we buy is made from the stuff. As a result China and India's crude consumption has skyrocketed further driving the price up. Now that we Americans have started to cut back we are no longer buying all the useless crap from places like China and they are starting to feel the pinch big time. Its just like the age old saying "when the United states sneezes the world catches a cold". And right now the US has Pneumonia!

I am with you!:bowdown:
Cut back get rid of your gas guzzlers and minimize consumption(=spending).

Another thing that bugs me is that Ford plans to import small European/Worldwide cars like the new Fiesta and refuses to offer them with the highly efficient Diesel engines available elsewhere because "it is not profitable"...

Back