The Real Reason Behind Gas Prices

Wrath

Donating Member
Registered
The real reason behind gas prices.... The Arab Nations & Opec, realize their time is limited. No, where not going to war with them. The US dependance on foreign oil is comming to an end.

Let me explain, Cummins has already, and is further developing a Natural Gas engine. They are currently in testing in the the LA, and Long Beach ports. The engine get an equivalant MPG as the diesel and similar HorsePower. (Detriot Diesel/Mercedies is currently in development as well) The technology is here and works well. Now here is the catch, The US has found the largest reserve of Natural gas ever! here in out own back yard. Natural gas is the new fuel of the future. The Oil producers realize, Especially the Arab countrys, that without the US buying their oil, the means for them to buy food is in jeapardy. Remember, they can only grow food in very controled environments, not enough to feed their country, so they must import their food.
Now, put 2 & 2 together, they will not increase production to reduce cost for a very obvious reason. Bush went to the Arab countrys and kissed their butts to increase production, and they pretty much told us to to deal with it. Not the way you should treat the hand that feeds you.

hehe, replyed before you could
tounge.gif

Something has to give...

Did y'all read the article about SUV's and Trucks being pretty much worthless for resale??

If I knew how to insert links, I would put it up for everyone to read, but I am a
newbie.gif

I can tell you it was at CNN.com

..but we import very little oil from Arab countries....and domestic oil companies are making record profits.

Until we tap solar, wind, or hydrogen we are exposed.

Folks! Let's not get KOK up on his soapbox!!!

We will never get him down!!

J/K - Nice post Gene.

Yes on the very real need to reduce dependence on foreign oil . All is not lost though at least for a relative short while ..

Here's an article about the Bakken Oil Formation that covers all of North Dakota , part of Montana . Until now it was not worth the costs of drilling .

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/next-energy-news2.13s.html

For the last ten months or so i have watched with interest Exxon Mobils every move . Any moves that the press or EM has reported that is and they have sold their share of a joint venture with the Saudi's that involved the new and much needed GTL technology " Gas to Liquid " , sold off reserve rights in Africa and South America and more .

I believe i have a fairly good idea as to the why"s" they have done such but don't want to discuss it , however , googling " the Death of Exxon Mobil " will glean insight to one or more of the possible why's .

I like the idea of my country being able to have no need to import any friggin thing , gas or otherwise when push comes to shove . Yourselves ?

I had a topic recently in hear about a new car that also runs on natural gas that is in production, or atleast they are taking orders. We are not the only country that is dependent on arab countries for oil. We would make a large impact, but don't fool yourself, the arab country has plenty of paying customers other than US. The problem with our country is that if we can't be taxed on it, they will not let it happen. Natural gas is an option. If we were all driving nice, solar cars, how is the govt. going to get their hands in our pockets? Many states have outlawed electric cars, lawsuits and other means to keep them off the road. Screwed up world we live in. The oil companies own our government. If they don't have a piece of the action, it will not happen either.

Link to natural gas car: https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=6;t=95616;hl=

I had a topic recently in hear about a new car that also runs on natural gas that is in production, or atleast they are taking orders. We are not the only country that is dependent on arab countries for oil. We would make a large impact, but don't fool yourself, the arab country has plenty of paying customers other than US. The problem with our country is that if we can't be taxed on it, they will not let it happen. Natural gas is an option. If we were all driving nice, solar cars, how is the govt. going to get their hands in our pockets? Many states have outlawed electric cars, lawsuits and other means to keep them off the road. Screwed up world we live in. The oil companies own our government. If they don't have a piece of the action, it will not happen either.

Link to natural gas car:   https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=6;t=95616;hl=
Hence my "America Is a Democracy?" poll.

I know this is several months old now but I got an email tonight that goes into a bit of detail about the Bakken Formation that Mountain Motor mentions here. I started reading the USGS report about this area and for the life of me I cannot understand why this isn't ground zero for the "Energy Crisis" in the USA. Their report states that there is more than 3.65 billion barrels of oil in this reserve! That is more than most (if not all) of the Middle east combined! So why in the he11 are they talking about drilling off shore and drilling in the ANWR? OH BTW Oil has gone back up almost $14 in the last few days!

Yes on the very real need to reduce dependence on foreign oil . All is not lost though at least for a relative short while ..

Here's an article about the Bakken Oil Formation that covers all of North Dakota , part of Montana . Until now it was not worth the costs of drilling .

Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase US reserves by 10x

For the last ten months or so i have watched with interest Exxon Mobils every move . Any moves that the press or EM has reported that is and they have sold their share of a joint venture with the Saudi's that involved the new and much needed GTL technology " Gas to Liquid " , sold off reserve rights in Africa and South America and more .

I believe i have a fairly good idea as to the why"s" they have done such but don't want to discuss it , however , googling " the Death of Exxon Mobil " will glean insight to one or more of the possible why's .

I like the idea of my country being able to have no need to import any friggin thing , gas or otherwise when push comes to shove . Yourselves ?

If you consider the current market conditions you will quickly see that the price at the pumps is without a doubt a mirror reflection of other indicators. Short sales, speculation, profiteering, etc...

Fleet managers, airlines, among others buy stocks (billions of gallons) of fuel shares at a set price from speculators. You can't seriously think that stock holders and board directors are going to accept (much) loss. No. The losses incured from market speculation is passed on to the (c'mon, say it with me) consumers.

Several attempts have been made to influence OPEC to increase output in order to bring down the prices. OPEC made the point that the USA is the only customer IN THE WORLD that came to the table. The global market does not indicate a need for increased supply. At $4 per gallon we still have some of the lowest prices in the developed world.

I would Love to pay $2 -$3 a gallon again. It is the greed of industry and market leaders that brings this about. MANTRA- any problem can be traced to its root by tracking the money.

The real reason behind gas prices.... The Arab Nations & Opec, realize their time is limited. No, where not going to war with them. The US dependance on foreign oil is comming to an end.

Let me explain, Cummins has already, and is further developing a Natural Gas engine. They are currently in testing in the the LA, and Long Beach ports. The engine get an equivalant MPG as the diesel and similar HorsePower. (Detriot Diesel/Mercedies is currently in development as well) The technology is here and works well. Now here is the catch, The US has found the largest reserve of Natural gas ever! here in out own back yard. Natural gas is the new fuel of the future. The Oil producers realize, Especially the Arab countrys, that without the US buying their oil, the means for them to buy food is in jeapardy. Remember, they can only grow food in very controled environments, not enough to feed their country, so they must import their food.Now, put 2 & 2 together, they will not increase production to reduce cost for a very obvious reason. Bush went to the Arab countrys and kissed their butts to increase production, and they pretty much told us to to deal with it. Not the way you should treat the hand that feeds you.

You understand that Saudi Arabia has more discretionary cash than the rest of the whole world combined, right? We have a sembiotic relationship with them. They pay us very well for our produce and grain. We buy oil from them with unlimited access. They buy as much goods as they need. They pay market price. We pay market price.
Now, are the Saudiis our allies? Yes. Can the Saudiis be trusted to act in OUR best interest? Not even close. But all the problems that you and I feel at the pump are the fault of our own brothers, friends and neighbors. Straight greed.

Back