one's weaker self and launching

B-12

Registered
Hope its translated right and you understand what i want to say.

This weekend i had my first time on a real track for this season.

Im extended since winter about 4" ,but i launched as if i had still a shortbike. How long (how many launches) did you need to get better ETs

Last year i made a 9.90 with shortbike and now extended a 9.88
I expected more but its me , not the bike:whistle::moon:.

All threads are about the bikes setup. Found great support here and my bikes setup is fine. I pass the traps on limiter in 4th gear
with 140mph on gen1.

Any ideas about the "driver-setup" :lol: How will I go faster on WOT ,not the bike. :banghead:

^^^

what they said
Practice, I'm still pretty weak on my launch after 150 or more passes since starting drag for the first time ever last season. One thing though, I get faster and more consistent each time out. I started out running a flat 7 with a swb stock height street tire gen 2 trying to break into 6's in the 8th, after 150+ passes I'm trying to make my way into the 6.30's on swb lowered at 3200 ft. with crappy DA most the time. I've got a long ways to go but practice...:beerchug:

Short twist throttle,high elbow,practice with a full tank
Until you can ride it more aggressively getting
The throttle pinned sooner,take 1 or 2 teeth
Off the back to soften it until your mentally
Thinking its a slow sack of crap.when your
brain thinks that you can dominate the bike.then add
Teeth to the rear sprocket and remove fuel,
With the same aggression on a sharper
Bike the speed will come.

Have your 60' and 330' times changed?

If you aren't getting out of the hole faster, you'll have to practice and relearn to launch with the extended swingarm....

:thumbsup:
Short twist throttle,high elbow,practice with a full tank
Until you can ride it more aggressively getting
The throttle pinned sooner,take 1 or 2 teeth
Off the back to soften it until your mentally
Thinking its a slow sack of crap.when your
brain thinks that you can dominate the bike.then add
Teeth to the rear sprocket and remove fuel,
With the same aggression on a sharper
Bike the speed will come.

Have your 60' and 330' times changed?

If you aren't getting out of the hole faster, you'll have to practice and relearn to launch with the extended swingarm....

No change
some 01sec better but not what i expected. My brain is still sitting on the shortbike :lol::whistle:

im still in low 1.7s
got once or twice a 1.68

Its not so easy here in Germany to practice. Im lucky if i can do 100 launches ....per season. maybe 6-10 events. But :laugh:I have no problem going fullspeed on the autobahn. Thats legal here and can be practiced every day :thumbsup::cheerleader:

I know its just the "balls" i need to go fast on WOT.
Funny thing is ,if i have tireslip i have no problem going wot and keep it spinning even in second. The better the track and traction my ETs stay at the same level instead of dropping.
Im constant in high nines ,but know tehre goes more than that.
I need brain tuning and practice.

Thaught about using a removable wheelie bar for some launches , just to feel comfortable:whistle: and see that nothing will happen.
Anybody tried this and got harder launches ?

You dont want a bar with a shock.

Thanks
didnt know that

There are two components in racing
bike strenght and more important i think the mental strenght of the driver.
Its "easy" to buy bike-power ,but not anybody will get the power to the track ,and reach better times.

Practice will bring times down and i learn with each launch (hope so :laugh:) but mental training is important too i think.
Sometimes i sit in my garage on my bike ,body foreward , ellbow up and do a launch :lol:fast on throttle (have the R1 short twist throttle mod installed)
letting the clutch snap.
You can laugh about that but for me its usefull.
Im looking at pics of me at the start ,how i sit ,how my ellbows are and all these things.
Then on the track ,the respect off wheelie is there again.

Think im not to slow with a 9.90 and 6,50 1/8 on a shortbike , footshifting ,stock engine just dynoed well.

I want more :cheerleader::lol::lol:

Last weekend i practiced again :laugh:
non prepped track but good grip when it was getting sunny and more cars have passed down the track.
Was an airfield ,as most of our tracks here .
Speeddays Bildergalerie - 2004 bis heute ...

Could make 17 runs and times are going down :cheerleader:slow but im getting more constant.
Worst run was 10.25
another six from 10.0x to 10.18
3runs with 9.9x
5 runs in 9.8x :cheerleader:

and my new best
9.76 > 230,2km/h > 143mph
1.71 60ft
6.401 330ft (no speed)
couldnt again drop my 60s but 330s was 0.1 faster so it seems i get a bit faster on WOT

Setup:Shinko 15PSI ,17-44 gearing, suspension open,rebound closed. iI have 170lbs :laugh:and pass the trap just on limiter (set to 10.000)

should i set my gearing up to 17-43 ?
to try a harder launch
or just try the opposite and go to 45 or 46

Last weekend i practiced again :laugh:
non prepped track but good grip when it was getting sunny and more cars have passed down the track.
Was an airfield ,as most of our tracks here .
Speeddays Bildergalerie - 2004 bis heute ...

Could make 17 runs and times are going down :cheerleader:slow but im getting more constant.
Worst run was 10.25
another six from 10.0x to 10.18
3runs with 9.9x
5 runs in 9.8x :cheerleader:

and my new best
9.76 > 230,2km/h > 143mph
1.71 60ft
6.401 330ft (no speed)
couldnt again drop my 60s but 330s was 0.1 faster so it seems i get a bit faster on WOT

Setup:Shinko 15PSI ,17-44 gearing, suspension open,rebound closed. iI have 170lbs :laugh:and pass the trap just on limiter (set to 10.000)

should i set my gearing up to 17-43 ?
to try a harder launch
or just try the opposite and go to 45 or 46

What do you weigh? What year bike? Ok so im blind just noticed your setup. Your setup isnt bad in reguards to your weight and gearing you could try a little bigger gear in back but if its in your head gearing isn't going to help. Do you video your launch? If you do post it up and you will get some much better suggestions. The name of this game is Practice practice practice. Video is such a big help!

Last edited:
Practice and seat time do it :thumbsup:

My balls for launching grow :lol:
Went up to a 44 in rear and hitting it harder on launching ,and .....no wheelie:cheerleader:
with a new PB of 9.61 and not only a lucky run ,could repeat it in the race.
This was on very good conditions at nearly sea level and about 25°C and a unprepped track ,but with awsome good grip.
i hit 5 times the 9.6x that weekend and a lot of 9.7xx
60ft not yet real constant but in a range from 1.6 to low 1.7s :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Best-test-961.jpg

PB-961.jpg

If you are just "snapping" the clutch out, then you will not see much improvement.

I roll into the throttle and let the clutch out quickly, but it takes me about 50 feet or so to be clutch out and wot.

The added length allows you to do that faster

Back