Launching with Turbo

slow_and_easy

Registered
I'm wondering what RPM the other guys with tubo kits on their Busas are launching at. I have only done two passes since the turbo and am actually running higher times at faster trap speeds. I haven't had a good launch yet, but now that I've got the air shifter I would like to have a better idea how not to loop the bike in the 60'. My bike is lowered 2" front (adjustable clamp) and 2" back (dogbones). I'm running 9PSI. And will be switching back to the stock front sprocket when the new EK ZZZ chain comes in next week. When I did my two passes the first I went to light on the revs (2500 RPM) and it bogged. Then I went the second pass and hopped it (4500 RPM). To get an idea of the power band click here.
Let me know where you think I should be launching from.

I like launching just as it starts making good boost... mine is around 4500 rpm... just so it doesn't bog coming outta the hole.

I watched Mikey Slowe launch a Turbo 1K at 9300rpm
wow.gif

I launch at 9k with a multistage lockup and 8k stock clutch
What wheelbase and tire are you running?

Do you use a MSBC?
Thw bike was set at 67 inches,  no boost controller just launching off the 7# spring in the gate
I would loop it... I'm running stock length 2" lowered front and back with the stock shock. With the HP I'm making at 8K the bike would either loop or the clutch would burn out in 1-2 passes... I think I'll play with launching in the 4K range and getting out of the clutch faster while still trying to peg the throttle as soon as possible...

Back