On the flip side...

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
With the talk of idiot cagers on our daily commutes lately.. this morning was totally different for me~
The set up...
We have a few traffic lights around here where on the other side of the intersection the left lane emiediatly merges, bringing three lanes down to two~ It never fails that this becomes a drag race (which causes me to rant on the whole common courtesy thing) for the left lane and the middle lane on this side of the light~
The event...
This morning I was the second man, on my bike, in the middle lane~ Sure enough as the light turns green the two in front of me (an SUV and minivan) nail it in a fight for that #1 possition, just to come to a stop in traffic no less! I went easy and let them battle for the possition~ As we come to the stop and go traffic, now I see the guy in front of me, the SUV, undo his seat belt and I start to thinkin "here goes a road rage battle right in front of me"~ The guy got out of his truck and walked back to me! Now I'm thinking "WTF did I do?"~ He walked up to me an actually apologized "for cutting you off, I thought she was gonna let me in"~ I let him know I gave him plenty of room and he didn't actually cut me off, but that I did appreciate his apology~
What a twist of events this was...  
cool.gif

Where you at? You can't be in Florida anymore.. that just doesn't happen here!!

That would have freaked me out , tho, that guy getting out of his truck and walking towards me. I woulda been like ->
SHOCKED.gif

That was my after thoughts, too, Shanling.... he prolly knew what was going thru my mind as I watched this all unfold in front of me~

(LadyHawk @ Mar. 23 2007,09:14) Where you at? You can't be in Florida anymore.. that just doesn't happen here!!
I know... right? It was right there where Little Rd. crosses 54~
I'm still here, sweetie... haven't packed up the bike and headed for the hills yet!  
tounge.gif

(GJoker @ Mar. 23 2007,04:45) That was my after thoughts, too, Shanling.... he prolly knew what was going thru my mind as I watched this all unfold in front of me~
It's the ole "Takes one to know one" saying!

(GJoker @ Mar. 23 2007,09:47)
(LadyHawk @ Mar. 23 2007,09:14) Where you at? You can't be in Florida anymore.. that just doesn't happen here!!
I know... right? It was right there where Little Rd. crosses 54~
I'm still here, sweetie... haven't packed up the bike and headed for the hills yet!  
tounge.gif
Whew, OK, I was worried there for a second!!
wink.gif

Dude go buy lottery tickets now. You happen to THE lucky one to meet the only person in a cage in this country to give a crap about someone on a bike.

beerchug.gif
to SUV guy!

And I was expecting a fist fight!

Cool! It supports my theory that most people really are basically good natured; we mostly just hear about the sugarbritches.

Thanks for posting a GOOD story.

--Wag--

(BusaBret @ Mar. 23 2007,14:08) Dude go buy lottery tickets now. You happen to THE lucky one to meet the only person in a cage in this country to give a crap about someone on a bike.

beerchug.gif
to SUV guy!
laugh.gif
Brenda actually grabed me a scratch-off on her way home because of your post~ Netted two bux... or two more scratches, anyhow~  
biggrin.gif

She also couldn't resist the Lotto's quik-pick for Saterday night's drawing~ It's 10mil I believe... wouldn't that be sweet~ It could happen....  
wink.gif

(Wag @ Mar. 23 2007,21:34) ...Cool!  It supports my theory that most people really are basically good natured; we mostly just hear about the sugarbritches...
Thanks for holding on to this theory~

I'm finding myself giving up on my fellow man and unfortunatly see it as just the opposite~ Most people really are basically good natured sugarbritches.. we just here about the whole asses~  
biggrin.gif

That would have freaked me out , tho, that guy getting out of his truck and walking towards me. I woulda been like ->
SHOCKED.gif
Okay, aren't you two married or something
rock.gif

Back