road rage victim in the making

craigntx

Registered
Kaliber

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e.g. the left lane is going 55 mph and the right lane is going 45-50 mph. I am maintaining a safe following distance in the left lane, moving by the slower traffic in the right lane. If some dipwad behind me races around on the right in attempt to advance himself one or two positions in the fast lane queue, I'll speed up and trap him in the right lane, forcing him back to his rightful place in line. I'm guessing these types of people also cut in the lunch line back in grade school.

Flip me off and flash your lights if you'd like, but you're not passing me on the right. Even if you do get past me you've only saved yourself about 2 seconds.

Am I a jerk?

** Edit **
I don't know what was unclear about my original post, but let me try to get the point across one more time: I'm not just chilling in the left lane, I am ACTIVELY PASSING along with the rest of humanity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Kaliber; Yesterday at 21:29. Reason: Remedial education

I don't let people pass me on the right - Glock Talk

:peoples:

Last edited:
Deliberately cutting another driver out of a merge is a pretty good way for him to ensure that his head gets blown off. My wife would likely just run the guy into the center divider so she's pretty nice about it.

--Wag--

Deliberately cutting another driver out of a merge is a pretty good way for him to ensure that his head gets blown off. My wife would likely just run the guy into the center divider so she's pretty nice about it.

--Wag--

Your wife seems like she would fit in nicely with me & my girlfriends!! Tell her that she has a standing invite to Happy Hour! :beerchug:

I hate drivers like that. They think they are doing good, but really all they are doing upping the % that an accident will happen. Stupid jerk. If it bothers him so much, call 911 and report the driver. That is the best way to deal with the idiots speeding on the hwy.

If he accelrates to block the people passing him on the right he deserves an ass whooping... If he is doing the posted limit an passing slower traffic on the right an someone passes him on the right an flips him off for not breaking the speed limit during the pass then that person is the one that needs an ass whooping :laugh:

If he accelrates to block the people passing him on the right he deserves an ass whooping... If he is doing the posted limit an passing slower traffic on the right an someone passes him on the right an flips him off for not breaking the speed limit during the pass then that person is the one that needs an ass whooping :laugh:

i like where you're going with this.
what if you pass him on the fast lane shoulder and flick a booger on his windshield....
does that merit an ass whipping?:laugh:

My brother is also a self appointed traffic controller,I won't ride with him. I say let them go and watch the show. Better it happening in front of you that into you.

My brother is also a self appointed traffic controller,I won't ride with him. I say let them go and watch the show. Better it happening in front of you that into you.

I have to agree, can't stand the 3 year olds on the interstate. :laugh:

I'll pass on the right all day if there are holes, cages don't have time to react when I'm on the bike. I have to say though, it irks me to be passed on the right when your already in the fast lane above the speed limit w/ everyone else and some one tries to squeeze one in on you. Point is mute on the busa though, everyone is behind me...:whistle:

raod-rage_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Some people must have very boring lives to do shid like this. The guy probably leaves a giant gap in front of him and slows down more than necessary.

I am no angel when it comes to road rage, that is for sure. But I don't get out and beat up people and throw trash out my car so that it goes flying back on the cars behind me. The ones I really hate are the idiots that are "crawling up your butt" on the free way. Left lane is as clear as can be, your in the middle lane, cruis control set, doing just a couple miles over the speed limit so that you are comfortably passing those cars to the right of you. The one crawling up the back bumper seem to think you need to get out of their way. They will tailgate you for miles and then finally they get the hint and move over to the left lane and blow past you and flip you the finger while talking on the cell phone. At this point I usually will shift down into 4th and punch the gas and get up on the back bumper just enough to let them know that yeah, I could have gone faster, but I was obeying the law. Then I flash them the hi beams a couple of times and back off. Of course my little PT cruiser isn't very intimidating, but they will remember it cause there ain't too many black with purple flamed PT's out there!!!!! But most of the time I just let them go, I usually will see them pulled over a few miles down the road making a new friend with our police force!!! I make sure they can see me when I pass and I just give them the biggest smile and wave!!!! One time I even blew kisses at the idiot!!!!!

I'll pass on the right all day if there are holes, cages don't have time to react when I'm on the bike. I have to say though, it irks me to be passed on the right when your already in the fast lane above the speed limit w/ everyone else and some one tries to squeeze one in on you. Point is mute on the busa though, everyone is behind me...:whistle:

raod-rage_1_1.jpg

hehe

Lane discipline is a very poorly taught and understood concept in the US. Elsewhere in the western world, people a very well trained drivers and police will enforce traffic law for genuine SAFETY infractions to include lane violations.

I will admit to a little rage going home last night. I'm moving fairly quickly thru traffic on the interstate on the way home (limit +10), but apparently somebody behind me didn't think I was moving fast enough, so he speeds way up, get's right up on my tail and turns his brights on (not a brief 'please' flicker, but full on and left on) even when there was traffic in the other lane and I was stuck and could not get over. Now, my first urge was to tap my brakes, but I fought it because it could easily cause him to overreact and hit me or the car behind him, so I didn't. When the traffic cleared in front of me, I dropped a gear and left him looking at my taillight receeding in the distance. He tried to catch me for awhile, but it wasn't happening (BMW M5 vs. POS Chevy Impala no contest). What I should have done was get over and let him go by at first opportunity, but he pissed me off.

Back